UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > In Car Equipment
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Connect - MAP

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Connect - MAP
    Posted: 26áJuná2011 at 7:29pm
Right I'm tooling around with this connect and love it.

But, just how many times do I have to press Accept on the licence thing when the map comes up each time ignition is started....before it takes my word for it that I do accept the waffle. There is no other option but to Accept so it's a pretty pointless question anyway...LOL

Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áJuná2011 at 7:35pm
just a legal thing mate you get used to it
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
CazQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
HR MONITOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CazQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áJuná2011 at 7:36pm
Only have to accept it once that I'm aware of.
Qashqai +2 2010. 2.0 Tekna. Magnetic Red. Cream cow. 4wd CVT. Mud flaps and QQ mats. Chrome sill strips, Chrome side bars. Rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards 3rd QQ loving it
CazQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
HR MONITOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CazQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áJuná2011 at 7:37pm
OH new series of Top Gear tonight.....BBC2 8pm Thumbs Up
Qashqai +2 2010. 2.0 Tekna. Magnetic Red. Cream cow. 4wd CVT. Mud flaps and QQ mats. Chrome sill strips, Chrome side bars. Rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards 3rd QQ loving it
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áJuná2011 at 7:45pm
Cool...immediately off topic...but a good off-topic. Set to record the series now so I don't miss any and Mo says at 9:01...Top Gear WAS on toight...LOL

Right this map thing...I'm going to have to do something...in my line of work these EULA's are a pain...and as  result I don't like them ...but they do give me the option to stick two fingers up. Angry

(post in a month to say I'm used to it probably)
HarryN-TEC View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áJuná2011 at 7:46pm
Got to do it everytime you switch ignition on and want to use the sat-nav.   Thumbs Up
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áJuná2011 at 7:50pm
Why the thumb up Harry.....??
It's no reason to congratulate it...

By purchasing a car with it...I accepted at that time. It's like signing a finance agreement every day.

I'm gonna try and fix-it. Licences, along with printers are the bain of my life.....LOL
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áJuná2011 at 7:55pm
Originally posted by hamish hamish wrote:

Why the thumb up Harry.....??
It's no reason to congratulate it...

By purchasing a car with it...I accepted at that time. It's like signing a finance agreement every day.

I'm gonna try and fix-it. Licences, along with printers are the bain of my life.....LOL

LOL hope you do...save me from using my friendly persuader... a sledgehammer... for it gets right on my nerves...although its part of my co-pilot Allans job to switch sat-nav on LOL

Edited by HarryN-TEC - 26áJuná2011 at 7:57pm
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áJuná2011 at 7:59pm
Naughty Caz...leading us all astray..go sit in the corner....LOL
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áJuná2011 at 8:42pm
OK, if I miraculosly manage to fix-it..........

I'll not tell you....so your co-pilot still has his job, can't be making youngsters redundant in this economy Tongue
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áJuná2011 at 8:44pm
LOLLOL
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áJuná2011 at 8:47pm
Fix it Hammy cos it annoys me !!......
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áJuná2011 at 8:50pm
That depends...do any of your children press that button?
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áJuná2011 at 9:16pm
No!!! But if you can fix it so Katie stops putting Let me entertain you on that will do mate...
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áJuná2011 at 9:16pm
LOL
CazQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
HR MONITOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CazQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áJuná2011 at 9:19pm
Wacko Apologies for going off topic but I had to remind Hamish so he didn't miss it Tongue
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áJuná2011 at 9:22pm
Excellent reply Caz.... nice how females offload the blame to a male..an inborn thing....LOL
CazQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
HR MONITOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CazQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áJuná2011 at 9:26pm
Wink
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áJuná2011 at 9:29pm
It's only bad now she's learnt how to hit the repeat button and get it for 30 mins all the way home!!...
CazQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
HR MONITOR

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CazQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áJuná2011 at 9:30pm
LOL
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áJuná2011 at 9:32pm
Hmmm...toughy this one.

Grumpy Child or Grin and Bear it...

I would always choose the latter LOL
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áJuná2011 at 9:51pm
Got a great sound system, inexhaustible songs etc.... Kids got nintendos !! But still want to interfere with our Paulo Natini ....
adr41n View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adr41n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áJuná2011 at 9:57pm
If you buy a personal SatNav TomTom/Garmin etc you only have to agree to the cop out notice once as it's a personal device. In a car anyone could be driving so the cop out notice comes out every time.

Edited by adr41n - 26áJuná2011 at 9:57pm
1.6 n-tec, Paris Blue, 31-03-2011 - 03-04-2014.
1.5 Tdi Acenta Premium, White, 03-04-2014
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áJuná2011 at 10:03pm
Anyone can use the Tom-Tom...

But, I see what you mean though, however, there can only be one registered keeper of a vehicle at any-one time....

Guy at my place has BMW 3 series with satnav...he didn't even get asked the question in the first place.

It's no biggie i suppose, but very infuriating...imagine everytime turning on your PC and agreeing to the WIndows licence before your are alloed to use it.....
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áJuná2011 at 10:08pm
Would imagine only a problem for you guys that use it alot ... ....I can live with it....just...
adr41n View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adr41n Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áJuná2011 at 10:18pm
One registered keeper, does not mean one driver, consider, hire cars, fleet cars etc.
And anyway It's all down to interpretation of the law, and as we all know the law at the very least can never be said to be sensible.
1.6 n-tec, Paris Blue, 31-03-2011 - 03-04-2014.
1.5 Tdi Acenta Premium, White, 03-04-2014
Craigy View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áJuná2011 at 11:47pm
Yeah I find this very annoying too, It's not only a nuisance but arguably more dangerous as it adds a further keypress to the operation, something they should be trying to minimise!

N-Tec 2.0Dci 4x4 in Nightshade.
Chainsaw View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chainsaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áJuná2011 at 12:43pm
Originally posted by Craigy Craigy wrote:

Yeah I find this very annoying too, It's not only a nuisance but arguably more dangerous as it adds a further keypress to the operation, something they should be trying to minimise!

Yes I agree too.
I aaume that they think you will accept before driving off but...
It appears when you are driving after say, finishing with a cd or mp3's and then you select Map..
So do they expect you to stop driving when the accept button appears just so you can press it safely...?

Another annoyance is when you ask for a new destination it asks you which country you want first.
This should be a preset default or it should at least remember your last choice.

Chainsaw

Edited by Chainsaw - 28áJuná2011 at 12:45pm
QQ 2.0 dci, S&S, Nightshade, Bose 7 Spkrs, Roof Rails, 1/2-1/2 Leather Seats, Panoramic Roof, MGF Horns, Xenon Lights, Retro fitted 25915- BH30E Connect system. COMING SOON: X-Trail EXTREME TEKNA
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áJuná2011 at 3:46am
Mine doesnt ask which counrty as far as I remember, has the annoying EULA though.
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áJuná2011 at 7:07pm
Nope checked today, GB is already selected  & just have to enter postcode or whatever
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
noki49 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noki49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áJuná2011 at 7:21pm
Originally posted by ericos ericos wrote:

Nope checked today, GB is already selected  & just have to enter postcode or whatever

Yep, mine the same as yours ericos, I remembered this post so checked mine whilst I was out today.
1.6 Tekna in magnetic red ordered 19th Sept. ETA 7th Feb. Revised ETA 21st Feb. Arrived at Dealers 10th Feb. Collected 1st March 2011.
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áJuná2011 at 7:43pm
Mine is the same...only need to enter postcode. I think if you go to setup and enter your country, it should not ask you in future when looking for destination..just a thought.
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áJuná2011 at 7:49pm
Possibly - I remem  it needed setting to UK so that the clock was correct with daylight saving.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic