Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Membership
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

connect or not that's the question!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honkyponky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: connect or not that's the question!
    Posted: 13áNová2014 at 7:19am
Hello and good morning everyone!I am very new here so please forgive me if I'm not in the right part of the forum! My question is :we bought 2008 model 1.6 petrol qq tekna it has this 6cd changer Bluetooth for phone calls I see a lot of people here talking about "connect "of which I like the sound of satnav etc. So can someone please tell me which model of connect I need that has satnav Bluetooth for calls and for playing music and that works totally with existing steering wheel controls and the microphone and perhaps even better can you put rear and front cameras to it?cables airials easy to do me self or not?I know it's a long old one here I am sorry but I know how nice you all are and reeealy appreciate any help in the right direction.thank you all.   
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áNová2014 at 7:34am
Hi hinkyponky, don't be alarmed if your post is moved to the question section... I think it would be better placed there, :-)
But for now.....

Welcome to the UK's biggest Qashqai Club and owners forum.

Heres a few pointers to help make using the forum easier, just click on the blue quick links.

Please make sure you have read the club rules, this will help make your use of the forum much easier : ClubRules.
If you need any help, feel free to contact one of our great team who will assist in any way they can .

Administrators :
PR07HET
Craigfishin

Moderator group :
Tiffany
G5 Boy
Gadget
Affman

The club is run on contributions by members, which allows the site to be advertising free with all money raised going toward running costs, web fees, club meets, competition prizes and various charities.
By contributing to the running costs of the club (ú6 or ú10 including a club window sticker) you get full access to post and start new threads anywhere on the forum plus access to discounts from our great selection of retailers and other great sections currently unavailable to you. If you want to contribute to the club, please see here : How to contribute.
No spamming is allowed , any advertising must be agreed with admin in advance. If you are interested in adding your company to our discount section please contact Craigfishin

The forum is a wealth of information. Please use the search option before starting new threads to save creating multiple threads on the same subject.

Thanks for joining, we hope you find all you need to know about your Qashqai and make a few new friends in the process. We have a great bunch of members on here, who all are willing to help if they can.

We also have club meets and excursions if you are interested. Please see link below from our visit to the Nissan Sunderland Plant to see the Qashqai being built : Nissan Sunderland meet.
Or our very successful joint meet with the Juke Owners Club, Juke Owners Group, Cube Owners Club and the Note Owners Club. With Nissan event's team in attendance with limited edition cars on display : Annual Wicksteed meet.

Once again we would like to welcome you to the Qashqai Club and look forward to getting to know you and we hope you enjoy your time here.
Lynn

Edited by Tiffany - 13áNová2014 at 7:35am
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
@qashqaiclub @frankiehipwell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áNová2014 at 8:59am
I don't think you can change from "standard" to connect... but I'm sure some one has and will let you know!
Qashqai Premier Edition 0001/2007 - 370z Roadster - Bianchi C2C Full Carbon - Reebok Air otherwise
honkyponky View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honkyponky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áNová2014 at 9:58am
Thanks pro7het I'll wait and see if I get more replies and advice. Thanks though
evo99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evo99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áNová2014 at 10:20am
You can change your radio to the connect. The correct part no. Is 25915 BH10C. Others will work but either the camera function wont be enabled or the steering wheel audio controls will do the opposite of what they should do..

You will also need the mic patch lead (about ú14 from a Nissan dealer) and a gps aerial ( about ú25 of ebay).

A camera can be fitted but it requires wires from the camera to be fitted into the Radio/Connect connector.

Edited by evo99 - 13áNová2014 at 10:27am
2008 Black 1.6 Tekna Stone leather
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honkyponky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áNová2014 at 10:32am
Thanks evo99 have you done this as well and if so was it easy or is it a professional jobby! ?
evo99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evo99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áNová2014 at 11:02am
You can do it yourself. Very easy. Fitting the camera was harder as I couldn't get the correct wiring terminals and the picture from the camera was either wavy or flickered slightly.

I sold the Connect in the end and bought this but at only half the price! Just as easy to fit.

Qashqai dvd player

Edited by evo99 - 13áNová2014 at 11:09am
vic21 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áNová2014 at 1:08pm
Hi honkyponky,

Got the same car as you but 2007 version that had the six cd unit installed and changed to the connect unit a few weeks ago. Was easy to fit and can now use usb stick (32gb) full of mp3's. All working fine.

Bought reconditioned unit from Bosch with code, map card and years warranty. All cables I got from ebay. Cables varied in price.

Good luck
vic
2007 1.6i Acenta, Met Orange
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áNová2014 at 11:01pm
There is a thread b y craigfishin somewhere with a step by step  guide, he upgraded his sisters QQ to Connect
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
speculatrix View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speculatrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áNová2014 at 8:04am
In my old car I used a Bluetooth receiver plugged into the AUX socket on the radio.
It worked very well, and had the AptX codec for excellent sound quality.
It was a also a hands-free model with its own battery as well as being powered off a USB adaptor. It was the Avantree Cara, less than ú30 off Amazon or 7dayshop.

2011 model QQ+2, n-tec, red, 2L turbo diesel.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speculatrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áNová2014 at 8:08am
I see there's a new version now
http://goo.gl/iC2nd6
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote honkyponky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áNová2014 at 8:27am
Good morning thanks everyone for all the advice on this evo99 when you say it was half the price how much was it. Vic21 when you say you got the unit from bosh how do you mean? Can you guide me in the right direction.thank you all again. Speculatrix thanks mate but thats not what I'm looking for really but thanks anyway mate.
vic21 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áNová2014 at 12:48pm
honkyponky,

"when you say you got the unit from bosh how do you mean?"

Bosch were selling reconditioned units on ebay. I missed the first sale of three units but a week or so later they had some more so got one. Not been on there lately so don't know if they have more. They do have a shop on ebay.

They do come up on here from time to time. In fact craigfishin sold his complete with cables not so long ago. Had I not already got one I would have bought his. Just make sure you have the four digit code with it.

Good luck
Vic
2007 1.6i Acenta, Met Orange
evo99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote evo99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áNová2014 at 7:20pm
Originally posted by honkyponky honkyponky wrote:

Good morning thanks everyone for all the advice on this evo99 when you say it was half the price how much was it. Vic21 when you say you got the unit from bosh how do you mean? Can you guide me in the right direction.thank you all again. Speculatrix thanks mate but thats not what I'm looking for really but thanks anyway mate.

I bought it on ebay for ú150.

Bosch sell refurbished Connect systems but still expensive

Nissan Connect

Edited by evo99 - 14áNová2014 at 7:22pm
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speculatrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áNová2014 at 8:45pm
hmm, now you've got me thinking. If I bought a Connect2, how hard would it be to upgrade from a C1?
F1 Bob View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F1 Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áNová2014 at 8:04am
I believe that the Connect 2 is physically larger than the previous model and may not fit?
Tekna 1.5dCi in Nightshade
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speculatrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áNová2014 at 11:13am
Thanks F1 Bob, worth checking that before I go any further.
I found someone selling DAB conversion kits on eBay, sadly very expensive.
Think I just need to be contented with existing LCN1, and listening to bbc podcasts from my phone streamed over Bluetooth.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic