UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Owners questions?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Coolant temperature behaviour

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DefUnct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Coolant temperature behaviour
    Posted: 11áOctá2016 at 8:47am
Hi all, have read verious posts around the forum regarding the behavior and speed of warmup of the coolant in. The 2.0 dci.

I wanted to know if the following seems ok or i should get the thermostat looked at. The bars described below are those on the pre facelift display (circle)

I startup and drive to work, 8degrees C outside. Drive is between 30km/h and 80km/h, downhill, flat then mild incline. Usually i feel slightly warm air out of the footwell on the second bar, at about 3km joruney distance. 4 bars on the heater display is around 6/7 km distance, about between 6/10 minutes (at this point i have proper full hot air in the cabin). It then climbs to 5 bars at about 9km distance and the mid way 5 bars at about 10.5km (about 15mins?). When it gets to 6, it drops to 5 for about 30 secs, then climbs back to 6 and stays there the rest of the journey regardless of driving style / conditions.

Does that seem about right? How can i tell if my PTC is working also?

Had a land rover before and basically had to set a fire in it to get it to warm up inside.

Thanks!

Edited by DefUnct - 11áOctá2016 at 10:57am
2010 Pre-Facelift Qashqai +2 2.0dCI 4x4 Tekna

Spritmonitor.de
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áOctá2016 at 3:00pm
What you describe I'd call  "operating within established parameters" ...
Qashqai Acenta, 2,0 dCi, 110 kW, DPF, Euro5, black Z11G
DefUnct View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DefUnct Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áNová2016 at 8:16am
Thanks for this - now that we have got into winter, i am seeing different behaviour.

i am not sure my PTC is working, since when i start the car and am stationary and idle with heat setting on max i get cold air - but thats a different issue to solve :-)

i cant say i complain about the heating though - 100m or 200m down the road i have with the system on auto at least luke warm to warm air blowing out of the bottom vents. This gets warmer quite quickly.

What i am wondering about is if i have a stuck thermostat - its -4 to -5 here and the car takes ages to get to 6 bars temp (midway pre facelift) in city drivin., Once it gets there after about 15km i have a long downhill and it will drop to 5, rise to 6 a while later on the flat and then stay there. Is that normal behaviour or maybe a sign of a failing thermostat?

It seems to get to 2/3/4 bars ok, and even 5 although it takes longer than in summer - understandably.

2010 Pre-Facelift Qashqai +2 2.0dCI 4x4 Tekna

Spritmonitor.de
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic