UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Faults and Fixes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

creaking noise when turning steering wheel?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
crolandc View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crolandc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áJaná2014 at 3:18pm
Just got mine 2010 model and it creaks all the time! did anyone find out for sure what causes this? It's obviously a very common problem. Is it a rubber washer behind the wheel?
JayQ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áJaná2014 at 3:46pm
Before I upgraded from last QQ (57 Reg acenta) which had the most horrible/annoying creak I had it serviced by my local small independent garage, I mentioned it and they sorted by greasing a bush/bearing or something at the bottom of the steering column.
So I spent a year trying to find a solution to it which nobody (even the Nissan dealers) could pinpoint and 3weeks before I got rid of it "it was sorted", I must say that three weeks of creak free driving was amazing.
I've now got a 11 Reg n-tec and it's got no stealing creaks "THANK GOD"    
2011 n-tec 1.5dci
LizzieK View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LizzieK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07áFebá2014 at 1:20pm
My 360 is creaking drives me crackers. It only stated once I hit 2000 miles.
crolandc View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crolandc Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áFebá2014 at 12:57pm

Originally posted by LizzieK LizzieK wrote:

My 360 is creaking drives me crackers. It only stated once I hit 2000 miles.
 Hi Lizzie, if I find the culprit I will let it be known, I once had a Audi A4 that made the same noise and was informed ( just before I sold it ) that it was a rubber ring called a SQUIB on the top of the steering column behind the wheel. This squib thing was a part of the air bag system if I remember correctly. It's possibly the same sort of thing I suppose.

2010 n-tec mineral grey.
speculatrix View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speculatrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01áJaná2015 at 11:42am
Originally posted by qashqai+2=quality qashqai+2=quality wrote:

Shockedp.s á Ladies dont fart! they just make creaking and sqeaking noise's!EmbarrassedLOL

2011 model QQ+2, n-tec, red, 2L turbo diesel.
speculatrix View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speculatrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áFebá2015 at 3:21pm
this is interesting thread.

my QQ+2 (2011 model) has started making this noise. When I am reversing as I leave home, I have the steering on a fairly tight lock, and I get the "file rubbing on plastic" sound like someone else suggested, just for maybe a second as I turn wheel back.

When it next goes into garage I'll ask them to take a look for a rubber washer/grommet as someone else mentioned.

2011 model QQ+2, n-tec, red, 2L turbo diesel.
Flashybike1 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Flashybike1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áMará2018 at 8:26pm
Just spray some white lithium grease behind onto the steering grommet. Pop the little black panel off behind the brake pedal and spray away.. simples :-)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic