UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Cruise control

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom5106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Cruise control
    Posted: 02áFebá2015 at 1:50pm
Hi ya , new to the forum and nissan!

We have just got a 2007 1.5 tekna and so far so good. However I thought I would try the cruise control and nothing happens, I press the on switch and it dosent even light up on the instrument is there a simple fix for this ?

Many thanks
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áFebá2015 at 1:56pm
Hi Tom. I never use the CC so can't help...But......
A big warm welcome Welcome to the UK's biggest Qashqai Club and owners forum.

Heres a few pointers to help make using the forum easier, just click on the blue quick links.

Please make sure you have read the club rules, this will help make your use of the forum much easier : ClubRules.
If you need any help, feel free to contact one of our great team who will assist in any way they can .

Administrators :
PR07HET
Craigfishin

Moderator group :
Tiffany
G5 Boy
Gadget
Affman

The club is run on contributions by members, which allows the site to be advertising free with all money raised going toward running costs, web fees, club meets, competition prizes and various charities.
By contributing to the running costs of the club (ú6 or ú10 including a club window sticker) you get full access to post and start new threads anywhere on the forum plus access to discounts from our great selection of retailers and other great sections currently unavailable to you. If you want to contribute to the club, please see here : How to contribute.
No spamming is allowed , any advertising must be agreed with admin in advance. If you are interested in adding your company to our discount section please contact Craigfishin

The forum is a wealth of information. Please use the search option before starting new threads to save creating multiple threads on the same subject.

Thanks for joining, we hope you find all you need to know about your Qashqai and make a few new friends in the process. We have a great bunch of members on here, who all are willing to help if they can.

We also have club meets and excursions if you are interested. Please see link below from our visit to the Nissan Sunderland Plant to see the Qashqai being built : Nissan Sunderland meet.
Or our very successful joint meet with the Juke Owners Club, Juke Owners Group, Cube Owners Club and the Note Owners Club. With Nissan event's team in attendance with limited edition cars on display : Annual Wicksteed meet.

Once again we would like to welcome you to the Qashqai Club and look forward to getting to know you and we hope you enjoy your time here.
Lynn
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
bryan3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áFebá2015 at 3:09pm
4th gear or above,over 20mph,not riding the clutch or brake pedal.
old shape 2013 tekna 1.6dci
Newest car we have ever owned
Tom5106 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom5106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áFebá2015 at 3:54pm
Will try again but as I said it dosent show up a seven coming on ,!
bryan3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áFebá2015 at 5:27pm
Not sure what shows on the 2007 dash,I know the car won't engage the c/c if it thinks the brakes or the clutch are engaged(even slightly) or its in too low a gear or too slow.
You might need a diagnostic tests to uncover what the problem is.
old shape 2013 tekna 1.6dci
Newest car we have ever owned
TDD View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TDD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áFebá2015 at 10:01am
Hi I have a similar problem on my 2008 1.5dci Acenta, only my CC works fine but the radio controls on the other side of the steering wheel are operative, as I have only just bought the vehicle its gone back to the garage for investigation.

I will update when I hear some news but I suspect its the clock spring
below the steering wheel.

Neil
HEWN99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HEWN99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áFebá2015 at 2:20pm
Tom,
For the cruise control to work, you push the c/c button it should show up somewhere that its engaged, then get to the speed you require, then flick the switch by the button, then the cruise speed should be lit up and like Bryan says, don't touch ant peddles to keep going, if you brake, or change gear it clicks off and you have to flick the switch to re-engage when you reach the required speed again, but if you just accelerate thats, fine then take your foot off the accelerator and it will return to the speed you set, flick the switch up it will increase, flick it down it decreases.
I use the c/c all the time, even in a 30mph limit zone, it stops you speeding and getting a ticket, would not live without it now, it also keeps the car more economical doing this. Good luck sorting it out, hope you understood my message for you.
regards Harry
57 Acenta 1.5dci Urban Silver / 08 Tekna 1.5dci Fired Iron / 10 Ntec+2 1.5dci   Mag Red
12 Ntec+2 1.6dci Flame Red / 14 Tekna 1.5dci   Flame Red / 16 NConnecta 1.5dci Flame Red
TDD View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TDD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áFebá2015 at 6:46pm
Hi an update as promised.

Just collected mine from the garage.

As I suspected it was the clock spring that had failed.

They have replaced it today and now all is working fine

Hope this helps

Neil
Tom5106 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom5106 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áFebá2015 at 9:03pm
It's of to the garage, the cruise control dosent even show it on the dash when activated, will see what they say, thanks for all the advice
Rookie View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áJulá2018 at 9:29am
Hi guys
I'm experiencing the same problem with my qq
Like it doesn't illuminate on the dash when I press the cruise control button, but when I press the speed limiter it shows that it's engaged, anyone got a glue to why this is happening?

- A confused guyfrom Denmark :)
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áJulá2018 at 9:36am
Probably corrosion or a (near) short circuit in one of the brake lights...
Qashqai Acenta, 2,0 dCi, 110 kW, DPF, Euro5, black Z11G
Rookie View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rookie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áJulá2018 at 3:51pm
Originally posted by Udo2009 Udo2009 wrote:

Probably corrosion or a (near) short circuit in one of the brake lights...

So I have to remove the lights and check for connection? Thanks for the tip, I'll check it when I get home from vacation
patrod68 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patrod68 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áSepá2018 at 3:20pm
Hi Have recently bought 2011 1.5 NTec When I try to activate CC, no lights show on MFP, buttons look as though they have been well used, any ideas?. Also loud rumbling road noise 40 mph upwards, goes quieter at high speed diminishes altogether when turn RH bends >40
gloucester View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gloucester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áSepá2018 at 5:23pm
Welcome - a few threads to check through

Edited by gloucester - 11áSepá2018 at 5:24pm
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 - sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 ~ 2006 Suzuki GSF650SA ~ 2018 Yamaha MT-07 on order
TDD View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TDD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áSepá2018 at 5:36pm
Hi, When I purchased my 2008 1.5 diesel the volume control for the radio on the steering wheel was not functioning everything else was fine. The garage had to replace the clock spring which is inside the steering wheel and makes sure that everything stays connected when the steering wheel is turned.
Maybe that's where your fault lies.
Good luck
Neil
TDD View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TDD Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áSepá2018 at 5:39pm
Hi it's probably the clock spring inside/behind the steering wheel, when I bought my 2008 1.5 D the radio volume control was not working so the garage replaced the clock spring no prods since.
As for the noise that sounds very much like a wheel bearing to me.
Good luck
Neil
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic