UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

CVT reliability problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jowett4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: CVT reliability problems
    Posted: 29 Jul 2016 at 12:41pm
What is the exact problem with the QQ 1,6 diesel CVT gearbox, I have driven various automatic transmissions over the years with no problems, I have test driven a new quashqai and was impressed with the comfort and feel of the car and then I find this site where there seems to be an issue with this box, Also where can I read Timmos letter,
Hound View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2016 at 5:58pm
I'm not sure - teething problems early on maybe? I have had a 1.6 dCi CVT for a year and I've had no problems whatsoever with the gearbox. All the potentially negative things I'd read about CVT don't seem to exist for me.

Anyway I think the letter you asked about is on this thread (you will have to copy and paste);

http://forum.qashqaiclub.co.uk/auto-gearbox-fault-cvt_topic8436.html?KW=Timmo
Hackney View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hackney Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2016 at 9:12pm
Must admit I did not want to go near a"CVT" box,rather have a manual.But in saying that they have had a lot less issues than Ford's "Powershift" tranny.Brother in law has just bought a Hyundai Santa Fe,sold a Nissan Murano,had no prob's at all with the CVT in the 190,000ks he owned it.Cheers:):)Ron.

Edited by Hackney - 29 Jul 2016 at 9:15pm
"Current Rides"2015" Nissan Qashqai "ST" in Magnetic Red,6Spd Manual 2litre Petrol,2016 Nissan Qashqai "TI" 6spd manual.
Jowett4 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jowett4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 12:23am
I would like to hear from a Nissan mechanic with hands on experience of this  piece of kit. I do understand that it is not normal for dealers to repair these gearboxes but to replace the entire item. (about £7,00). Costs have to be taken into account. Many years ago I had a problem with a ford manual box and was told they were extremely complex and should not attempt any sort of repair. I am a marine engineer and we do not have the facility to access new bits of kit. I removed and opened up the gearbox which seemed to be a very simple piece of kit. the gear change fork that selected 3rd and 4th gears was very worn. The cost of this item then was then £1- 50 from my local dealer. Once fitted problem solved. So guys what goes wrong and how is the drive engaged, without a clutch or fluid flywheel as is normal with other  autos.
Jowett4 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jowett4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 12:35am
Thanks for your input, Its nice to hear from someone who owns and runs the particular vehicle and gearbox. any further information gratefully received. FYI I have a Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV . Nice car to drive but the depreciation is horrendous , New price £38,000 , two years old with 14,000 miles on clock £18,000 yes that's a drop of £20,000 in two years. Yes it smarts
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Aug 2016 at 11:54am
Hi

See my signature - I've had 4 CVTs and no problems. However I do no more than 3 years / 35k on each so must admit that out of warranty I might be nervous, bearing in mind the cost of fix / replacement.

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
wega77 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wega77 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 7:32pm
Hello,
I have a problem with the CVT gearbox. The cold behaves perfectly, when it heats up, at low speed, when in heavy traffic begins to tremble. I did a test and no problem came out. The one from Nissan recommended that I change the oil to the CVT.

Has anyone else happened to anything like this?
..QQ.. View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ..QQ.. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2018 at 8:01pm
My car now has mileage of 70k and only issue was a oil leak in transmission cooler, which was replaced at around 40k. It is now 6 yrs old and I have had it from new. I am not sure of the new qashqai,s 1.2 engine so am comfortable with current car.. it behaves the same now as when it was new so I have no complaints and love the set up of 4wd, 2ltd petrol engine with cvt. If they had that combi on a new qq I would get another tomorrow
2012 QQ+2 flame red N-tec+ 2.0 petrol, CVT, 4wd mudflaps,auto mirror kit
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic