UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Diesel Heads > 1.5 diesel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Diesel Fumes entering cabin area

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notanotherhobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Diesel Fumes entering cabin area
    Posted: 14áJulá2014 at 4:12pm
Over the last couple of journeys, I have noticed that when stopped (at traffic lights/junctions/etc) there was a strong smell of diesel entering the car. I checked under the bonnet and under the car for signs of leakage, but nothing "obvious" found.
Still under warranty, so dropped into local branch of the supplying dealership, and they immediately had it in to investigate. After an hour or so we were told it was deemed unsafe to drive by the mechanic as he had found a fuel hose had split. This means ordering-in the hose from Nissan, which would not happen until tomorrow afternoon. Unfortunately the dealership dont have any "spare" courtesy cars as they are all pre-booked so we were driven home in one of their demonstrators.

Looked through the list of common faults on here and noticed diesel fuel leakage was listed, so I guess this is something common to older diesel versions.
No big issue, but a bit of hassle as I use the vehicle for my employment. Looks like Ill be squeezing my work stuff into the wife's Fiesta...nice!!
2007 1.5dci Accenta in Faded Denim
2010 1.5dci Facelift N-tec in Nightshade
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áJulá2014 at 4:34pm
At least the problems been found and will be repaired.
Shame about having to slum it in a fiesta though
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
notanotherhobby View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notanotherhobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áJulá2014 at 9:37pm
Hi Tiffany. Car is now sorted. New hose fitted and they also performed a full courtesy check / clean. Excellent service from Benfield again. Now for an MOT tomorrow.....!!
2007 1.5dci Accenta in Faded Denim
2010 1.5dci Facelift N-tec in Nightshade
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áJulá2014 at 10:42pm
Good to hear about the excellent service and letting us know the outcome
Tiff
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic