Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > My Qashqai Wish
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

dioptric lens adjuster for rear view camera

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote negativepitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: dioptric lens adjuster for rear view camera
    Posted: 01 May 2014 at 5:50pm
Bit of a long shot on this one.
I have to wear glasses to read, so when I put the car into reverse the screen is a bit blurry unless I put them on, but I dont need my glasses for anything else.
My wish is to have a dioptric lens adjuster to somehow adjust the camera lens to the to the same strength as my eyes, just like you get on DSLR camera eye pieces etc
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2014 at 11:24pm
Are you on about for the camera?  Surely that wouldnt work as it would just make the screen blurry for people who dont need glasses & even more blurry for you as you are focusing on the screen regardless of whats on it. I would think the only way is to have some sort of magnifier for the screen.
On a camera the alteration is  on the viewfinder rather than the lens. I could be wrong but thats how it seems to me.

Edited by ericos - 01 May 2014 at 11:27pm
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
negativepitch View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote negativepitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 6:53am
I meant the ability/option to change the focus manually of the screen in each car, not the camera, sorry my error in trying to explain
LoopyLab View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LoopyLab Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 8:59am
I'm no professional photographer neither am I a qualified optician but the image on the the screen is a set focal length from your eye just like your dash panel is a set distance. Suffering from myopia for many years and now reaching the point in my age where my close up vision is starting to fade I have had to change my prescription to varifocal lens which makes life a lot easier.
If I explain it in another way....... You look out your window and your eyes can adjust to distance ie trees mountains in the distance because there is depth and there fore your focal length changes. If you then sit in front of a tv screen showing a similar image there is no depth the focal length is from the tv to your eyes and therefore you are constrained to how clear the camera recorded the image.
So in light of your question the only way to adjust the image is to change the focal point of the camera lens which in this case is a fixed wide view lens.
I suggest maybe a trip to your opticians for advice
jonceebee View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonceebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 9:13am
The camera is super wide angle and the actual focal length will cover a wide range. ie: bumper to farther point will which all be in focus within the scope of the actual quality of the camera. Unfortunately as LoopyLab says you will need to see an option for advise. I wear varifocal glasses and have no problems at all
New Qashqai 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White.Chrome front lip finisher,Chrome Side Sills, Chrome Glass Finisher,Chrome Lower Trunk Finisher,White Side Mouldings,WhiteAlloyGaytors,Cross Over Pack,Deflectors
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote negativepitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 9:21am
Funny enough I havent long been to have my eyes retested.
I need ones for slight distance and still ones for reading obviously.
I have tried the varifocal ones with the clear centre, but as I work on certain things and have to look to the side with my head straight ahead…if that makes sense, then they are not much help. the up and down varifoculs, I am still playing with the idea.
Looks like that might be the way to go…on another note, I saw my second 2014 today Smile
F1 Bob View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote F1 Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 10:13am
I have near 20-20 distance vision but need glasses for close work. Have used varifocals for years now and enables me to read the dash board controls and keep my distance vision as normal. Could be worth a try.
Tekna 1.5dCi in Nightshade
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote negativepitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 10:18am
Originally posted by F1 Bob F1 Bob wrote:

I have near 20-20 distance vision but need glasses for close work. Have used varifocals for years now and enables me to read the dash board controls and keep my distance vision as normal. Could be worth a try.

Im meant to be looking for new frames this weekend as I have a new prescription which I had around three weeks ago…beats cutting the lawn LOL
My main hobby is VW aircooled, which I have a street buggy, 
I have been a member for a good few years, I posted some photos of our new car, the forum is one of the largest VW forums in europe, so theres normally someone on there that works with something.
One of the blokes was one of the developers on the 2014 QQ.
http://www.volkszone.com/VZi/showthread.php?t=1060522
My user name on it is Funkydad.
my street buggy, twice magazine featured.
http://s1287.photobucket.com/user/Funkydad/library/HAVE%20BLUE?sort=3&page=1

there are over 554 members with beach buggies/street buggies in the UK.
I am a member on the buggy forum here as well..user name Steve.
http://www.beachbuggy.info/index.php

Edited by negativepitch - 02 May 2014 at 10:32am
jonceebee View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonceebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 11:28am
That buggy looks tremendous, I wish I had space to take on such a project. I agree with you on the VW aircooled engine, it is a brilliant piece of kit to work with and I love the sound of it in full throttle

Regarding the varifocals, they do take some getting used too, I remember the first pair I bought back in the early 80's I nearly gave up on as they were causing so many problems, but would not be without them now

Edited by jonceebee - 02 May 2014 at 11:32am
New Qashqai 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White.Chrome front lip finisher,Chrome Side Sills, Chrome Glass Finisher,Chrome Lower Trunk Finisher,White Side Mouldings,WhiteAlloyGaytors,Cross Over Pack,Deflectors
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote negativepitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 12:17pm
Jon, off topic, I was reading your signature below you post, have you got any photos of your car ?
I was thinking of getting the alloygators, theres two places near me that do them.
One about 10-ish miles away infact.
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 12:23pm
Here ya go Steve

If you scroll to the bottom there's a cropped photo.

Edited by Tiffany - 02 May 2014 at 12:24pm
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
jonceebee View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jonceebee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 12:33pm
Thanks for adding the link Tiff, saved me doing so. A closer look at the white side mouldings below:
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2014 at 12:38pm
Was just looking at the mouldings Jon.... Very nice.
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic