Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Membership
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Dipstick - oil level 2016 MK II 1.2 DiG-T

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hundredacres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dipstick - oil level 2016 MK II 1.2 DiG-T
    Posted: 13 Aug 2020 at 1:27pm
I'm struggling getting a reliable oil level reading on my 1.2 DIG-T.

Car parked on level surface. Cold engine. Remove dipstick and wipe clean. Re-insert, wait a few seconds, remove again - oil seems to smeared at random on both flat surfaces of the dipstick. Could try to convince myself that there is an oil level that seems OK on one side i.e. between min/max marks, but oil smears more or less all over the other side!

Read somewhere to try to not rotate the spiral dipstick when it's being withdrawn - doesn't seem to make any difference. 

Done loads of oil checks on different cars, and I'd like to think that I'm reasonably technically minded, but it's the first time this simple task has got me stumped.

Any suggestions?

No personal  "dipstick" comments please! Smile
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Aug 2020 at 5:25pm
It could be that it has been overfilled with oil or is completely empty.  Does your oil light come on when you start the engine then go out?
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic