UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Knowledge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

DipStick

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timmylish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DipStick
    Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 12:51am
Some may say me!
No seriously, in 45 years of driving I,ve never had to ask such an embarrassing question! On the 1.5dCI where on earth is it? I cannot even work out from the manual which my engine ref.no. is! Any help is much appreciated.
Oh! Since this is my first diesel in countless no. of years is there anything other than oil I should check, on a regular basis. Stupid? I know. Paranoia, for sure but even with 5 year warranty I like to know the basics.
Proud new owner of Red Fusion QQ, 1,5 dCI Tekna Sport (110 CV) (Different spec. here on Tenerife!)with so many bells and whistles I may need a lot of help in finding answers to a lot of questions!!!!
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 1:30am
1.5 dci is the k9k engine. Its right on top in  the big plastic cover thing, bright yellow iirc

2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
Timmylish View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timmylish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 1:57am
Many thanks but its not surprising I cannot find the bleedin' thing. 
However I remain yours sincerely,
DIPSTICK!
Proud new owner of Red Fusion QQ, 1,5 dCI Tekna Sport (110 CV) (Different spec. here on Tenerife!)with so many bells and whistles I may need a lot of help in finding answers to a lot of questions!!!!
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 2:12am
Your welcome, I agree  the manual could be a  bit clearerThumbs Up
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 6:45am
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
andspenka View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Club Meet King

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andspenka Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 1:35pm
I must admit, I was looking for it for a while and only found it by chance.

Who'd have thought they would fasten it to the filler cap Confused LOL
2014 1.5 Dci Tekna in Ink Blue
Applauso View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
NO STRESS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Applauso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2012 at 4:15pm
5 Year Warranty???? Where from?
1.6 Tekna Gun metallic
freshman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freshman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 5:15am
Originally posted by Applauso Applauso wrote:

Soory for off !
I also got in Slovenia 5 years warranty Clap
3+2 (2 from selling  house Nissan Slovenia)
SHIFT_the way you move
Qashqai 2.0 16v TEKNA Design , BLITZ Throttle Controller , ALPINE INE-S900R
PHILIPS DayLight 8 LED
QQ CRO View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QQ CRO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 8:18am
Originally posted by freshman freshman wrote:

Originally posted by Applauso Applauso wrote:

Soory for off !
I also got in Slovenia 5 years warranty Clap
3+2 (2 from selling  house Nissan Slovenia)
The same goes for all the QQ purchased in Croatia after 01.05. 2011!Clap
2011 1.5 DCI Pearl Black N-Bling
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 8:36am
So you get 3 years from Nissan, and the Dealers then give you two years on top of that.  Presumably this is only valid if you have them service the car?  This sounds like a great deal especially for anyone considering a CVT.
1.5Dci Tekna, Pearl Black, 60 Plate
1.6Dci Tekna with Stop/Start Pearl Black 63 plate
QQ CRO View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QQ CRO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 8:59am
Yes, here it is the exact interpretation of the service manual and warranty card:

Quote:
  The factory warranty of 3 years or 100,000 km thus far are automatically extended to 5 years provided that the vehicle in the first 3 years of use takes place only at an authorized service center and if within the first 3 years of use does not exceed 100,000 KM. In the fourth and fifth year warranty only condition remains regular maintenance at an authorized Nissan and no mileage limitation.

Nissan Extended Warranty valid on Croatian territory with properly completed warranty booklet conducted regular services in the network of authorized Nissan service.

Edited by QQ CRO - 17 Apr 2012 at 9:00am
Timmylish View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timmylish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 12:44pm
Exactly the same rules apply here for extended warranty since Ford and few others have automatic 5 yrs. Think we paid between 500/600€,s for the extra two years. Our reason for taking it, other than commercial, was the amount of travelling the car will do is far less than the norm so time as opposed to distance was the main factor!
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 12:53pm
OK so in some instances the extra 2 years is purchased.
1.5Dci Tekna, Pearl Black, 60 Plate
1.6Dci Tekna with Stop/Start Pearl Black 63 plate
freshman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote freshman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 2:37pm
Two year extension of the warranty cost me exactly  99 €. Wink
SHIFT_the way you move
Qashqai 2.0 16v TEKNA Design , BLITZ Throttle Controller , ALPINE INE-S900R
PHILIPS DayLight 8 LED
gadget View Drop Down
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 3:50pm
I wish - they're trying to flog me a 3 year for nearly a grand!!! Shocked
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
QQ CRO View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QQ CRO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 3:56pm
I have not paid the extended warranty because it was included in all Qashqai models, but an authorized dealer is likely to credited to his calculations on this one way or another.Wink
BTW I paid my QQ about 18 750 GPB

Edited by QQ CRO - 17 Apr 2012 at 3:58pm
Timmylish View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timmylish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2012 at 9:59pm
So its down to the individual dealer then, to give out extended warranties and the amount to be charged for it? Bleedin' heck. Never heard of this anywhere before!!!!!!!!!!!!
rollor View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rollor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2018 at 7:15pm
well I found the yellow oil filler cap, it twisted but did not come off. Vigorous pulling and tugging got it off. It left the dipstick behind inside. I cannot pull the dipstick out. It is not damaged at the top, just stuck. What next?
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Feb 2018 at 11:01am
Hi

The dipstick is twirly, like a corkscrew, so you may need to grab the end of it with pliers/grips and then twist and pull, rather than just pull vertically.

BTW - Christchurch in Dorset, UK or NZ...????

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic