UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Discrete dash cam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premier
Premier
THE REAL BLING KING!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MICK74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Discrete dash cam
    Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 3:13am
I've decided with all the idiots on the road to get a dash cam...
I want one that's hard wired and sits behind the mirror, so it's nice and discrete ...but all I've seen are big ones..

Any recommendations ?

G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 9:59am
Mick

I had Blackvue fitted front and rear - again by my obliging dealer (but at my cost) before I collected QQ4.

About the most discreet I've seen.

I have pics and will post................

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 10:28am
OK - can't find them, so I just took 2 more.  Both are from inside.  I can't get good shots from outside, as the sun's too bright down here Tongue but they are nigh on invisible from outside.  Blackvue aren't the cheapest - about £350 including fitting I seem to remember - but in 2014 they were the preferred choice.  I went for them after QQ3 was showered in glass (at two weeks old Cry) on the M3 by some Censored er in an old Astra, whose back window blew out and smashed in front of me at 70mph.  He didn't stop of course.  Thank you AXA for settling my £8500 Shocked claim with no grumbles.

'Fraid you'll get a stiff neck as I'm too lazy to flip 'em round Embarrassed............

MICK74 View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MICK74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 10:05pm
Thank you sir... I'll check some out..the market is flooded with them..too much choice
Spanner View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spanner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 10:36pm
Drivepro 100 on Amazon £60, A good cam I have two, size 2.4 inches.
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2017 at 9:34am
Oh - forgot- my cost included a Blackvue power pack which gives power backup for the parking mode activation in case of battery failure (or something Geek).
MICK74 View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MICK74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2017 at 7:47am
I've looked about and I've decided to go for the nextbase 312gw...with a hard wire kit

Looked at loads of reviews online and this one is always up there in either top spot or near abouts for price,functions etc
Proud to be back in a Qashqai
J11 blade silver tekna with some added bling
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic