UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Discrete dash cam

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premier
Premier
THE REAL BLING KING!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MICK74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Discrete dash cam
    Posted: 14áJuná2017 at 3:13am
I've decided with all the idiots on the road to get a dash cam...
I want one that's hard wired and sits behind the mirror, so it's nice and discrete ...but all I've seen are big ones..

Any recommendations ?

G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áJuná2017 at 9:59am
Mick

I had Blackvue fitted front and rear - again by my obliging dealer (but at my cost) before I collected QQ4.

About the most discreet I've seen.

I have pics and will post................

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áJuná2017 at 10:28am
OK - can't find them, so I just took 2 more.  Both are from inside.  I can't get good shots from outside, as the sun's too bright down here Tongue but they are nigh on invisible from outside.  Blackvue aren't the cheapest - about ú350 including fitting I seem to remember - but in 2014 they were the preferred choice.  I went for them after QQ3 was showered in glass (at two weeks old Cry) on the M3 by some Censored er in an old Astra, whose back window blew out and smashed in front of me at 70mph.  He didn't stop of course.  Thank you AXA for settling my ú8500 Shocked claim with no grumbles.

'Fraid you'll get a stiff neck as I'm too lazy to flip 'em round Embarrassed............

MICK74 View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MICK74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áJuná2017 at 10:05pm
Thank you sir... I'll check some out..the market is flooded with them..too much choice
Spanner View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spanner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áJuná2017 at 10:36pm
Drivepro 100 on Amazon ú60, A good cam I have two, size 2.4 inches.
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15áJuná2017 at 9:34am
Oh - forgot- my cost included a Blackvue power pack which gives power backup for the parking mode activation in case of battery failure (or something Geek).
MICK74 View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MICK74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áJuná2017 at 7:47am
I've looked about and I've decided to go for the nextbase 312gw...with a hard wire kit

Looked at loads of reviews online and this one is always up there in either top spot or near abouts for price,functions etc
Proud to be back in a Qashqai
J11 blade silver tekna with some added bling
SAW28 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAW28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08áJaná2018 at 9:11pm
Mick

I am thinking of fitting a blackvue dash cam to my soon to be delivered QQ, but have read in the manual that it is not recommended to fit any accessories near to the existing traffic recognition/LDW camera behind the rear view mirror

I checked with nissan who said "ask the you local dealer"

Have you had any issues?
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áJaná2018 at 10:43am
Hiya Big smile

No conflict issues on my 2014 or 2017.
Hound View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áJaná2018 at 12:17pm
I have an A118 "wedge" dashcam fitted to the screen behind the rear view mirror and all is well. All you need to do is make sure the sensor on the rear face of the mirror isn't obscured, or it won't auto-dim properly.
SAW28 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SAW28 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áJaná2018 at 4:58pm
Thanks for replies guys Big smile

G5 Boy is your 2017 QQ tekna+ the new version?. If so and you have fitted the blackvue camera, it should be ok for mine.

Just another question guys I read somewhere on this forum about membership fee, is there one and how do I sign up?

G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áJaná2018 at 4:30pm
Originally posted by SAW28 SAW28 wrote:

Thanks for replies guys Big smile

G5 Boy is your 2017 QQ tekna+ the new version?. 

Yes Big smile and lovin' it Heart

If so and you have fitted the blackvue camera, it should be ok for mine.

Just another question guys I read somewhere on this forum about membership fee, is there one and how do I sign up?

Step this way.............

Edited by G5 BOY - 10áJaná2018 at 4:31pm
MICK74 View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote MICK74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áJaná2018 at 5:13pm
Originally posted by SAW28 SAW28 wrote:

Mick

I am thinking of fitting a blackvue dash cam to my soon to be delivered QQ, but have read in the manual that it is not recommended to fit any accessories near to the existing traffic recognition/LDW camera behind the rear view mirror

I checked with nissan who said "ask the you local dealer"

Have you had any issues?

Not had any issues to date, mine is to the left of the rear view mirror
Proud to be back in a Qashqai
J11 blade silver tekna with some added bling
duncho View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote duncho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áJaná2018 at 1:13pm
Nope, that is not true. Traffic recognition/LDW camera has its own visor which cannot be blocked from interior in any way. the only possible blockage is dirty windshield or dust settled on the camera.

As G5 Boy, I also installed BlackVue DR650GW-2 when I bought my car 3.5 years ago, modified camera firmware on it in order to increase night visibility and have also partly hided the camera in a plastic box where Traffic recognition/LDW camera is hidden. Nissan dealer which I visit most of the time, spot the camera only recently. All LED's (except blue LED indicating GPS reception) as well as all voice notifications (except card error and impact alert) are disabled too. 

Few photos attached (sorry for quality, I was in rush to work).

Rear view camera:

Camera visibility from driver's position (LHD):

Side view on booting up camera:

View from the bottom:
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áJaná2018 at 1:31pm
Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic