UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Faults and Fixes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Distance to Empty Disappeared

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote normie616 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Distance to Empty Disappeared
    Posted: 02áJulá2013 at 9:18am
Hi Everyone
I hope someone can help with this strange problem.

The "Distance to Empty" reading has disappeared.
When you press Button B it toggles between Trip A and Trip B. No distance to empty, no fuel consumption etc
It was all working well until I reset the Trip Meter.

Someone else had this problem a few years ago but there was no answer to the problem. Here's the post:-
http://forum.qashqaiclub.co.uk/mpg-display-disappeared_topic4675.html

I have reset a number of times, disconnected the battery but still no luck.

I read the Electronic Diagnostic manual and according to the trip computer section it says "Pushing Button B provides:- Trip A, Trip B, Possible Driving Distance, Average Vehicle Speed, Travel Time, Trip A.
"Note" With Navi: Trip A, Trip B, Trip A "

It's like my car thinks it has a Navi fitted when it doesn't.

Anyone one have any ideas what could cause this.

Thanks
Normie
Allan_P View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allan_P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áJulá2013 at 9:46am
Have you tried scrolling through it with the steering wheel mounted controls?
Worked for me :)
Kazlou View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazlou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áJulá2013 at 9:57am
Thanks for that tip about distance to empty. I had that happen to me! Thought I had. A(herbie) on my hands with car doing its own thing. But a tip here I've noticed that iff you have dpf I now rarely let the car's diesel fall below half empty. And dpf warning light hasn't come on since I've followed that rule, maybe just a coincidence that we have upgraded fuel quality and use redex iff needed as well. But yes very usefull to have distance to empty must have a fiddle now got tip, thanks allan_p
Allan_P View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allan_P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áJulá2013 at 10:21am
LOL Resetting the clock each daylight saving time used to drive me nuts until I discovered this. Maybe Craig could start a hints and tips or FAQ section for quick reference?
Kazlou View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kazlou Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áJulá2013 at 12:43pm
Hi also I thought praps the fuel indicator comes on when your are only near to empty. Not having a near empty tanks for months maybe this could be it lol
gadget View Drop Down
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áJulá2013 at 12:55pm
Originally posted by Kazlou Kazlou wrote:

Hi also I thought praps the fuel indicator comes on when your are only near to empty. Not having a near empty tanks for months maybe this could be it lol

You should always be able to see the "Fuel to Empty" Kaz, but you're right about the low fuel warning - it won't show until you're right down low!
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
normie616 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote normie616 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áJulá2013 at 11:57pm
Thanks for your comments.

I do wait until the fuel light comes on before refilling.
The only thing is that I have not filled the tank until it is completely full.
Maybe it needs to detect " Full Tank"

I'll give that a try an see what happens.

Thanks
gadget View Drop Down
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03áJulá2013 at 5:44pm
No, it should be there regardless of how much fuel you put in...
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
normie616 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote normie616 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áJulá2013 at 8:12am
I filled the tank up today and that didn't fix the problem.
"Gadget" you were right !!!

I've tried all the suggestions listed above so it looks like I will have to rely on the Nissan Mechanics. I'll bet they won't know and will tell me the main computer will have to be replaced.

I thought someone else would have had this problem but maybe it's a bug in the system.
Maybe I reset the trip computer at the wrong time and it's got itself in a spin.
I'll disconnect the battery overnight and see what happens.

If I find out what is causing the problem I'll post the details here. It might help someone else in the future.

Cheers   
gadget View Drop Down
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áJulá2013 at 9:25am
I'm not sure how yours is displayed on the new Qashqai but when I press the "i" button on the steering wheel it goes through:
Trip A
Trip B
Fuel to Empty (denoted by a number with a dot and arrow pointing right)
Average MPG
Average MPH
Time driven since fill up (denoted by time with a dot and arrow pointing right)

Hope that helps a little.

oldie85 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldie85 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áAugá2013 at 12:25pm
The same problem has happened to me also. 

Me and my wife have been using the distance to empty gauge ever since we bought the car and both prefer this.

A few months ago, I took the car into a local garage to have a service carried out and I was informed that the battery had been reconnected.

After which we noticed that the distance to empty gauge had gone. I just thought I needed to re-select distance to empty again, but after following the manual, all I get is trip A and trip B (same as above).

I did read a section of the manual that says, if the battery is replaced or reconnected, there is a system reset/restore procedure required. I wonder, if this procedure isn't carried out, then things like this may occur?
Nissan Qasqai Tekna 07
John C S View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John C S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01áJaná2017 at 8:38pm
Did you ever manage to get this sorted?
John C S

Nissan Qashqai+2 2009 (Pre-facelift) 1.6 n-tec in Pearl Black
stuartino View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stuartino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áAprá2018 at 12:34pm
Pressing i on steering wheel worked for me thanks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic