UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > Nissan Qashqai J10 Engine Range > 1.5 L K9K I4 (diesel)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Do I take the plunge ?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do I take the plunge ?
    Posted: 02áFebá2014 at 9:20pm
Well guy's as the post say's, Should I take The Plunge and Buy a Qashqai?

Seen loads of stuff on the internet both for and against the car. I've owned a Terrano for years and loved it to bits, will this be the same?

If I'm lucky it'll be a 2010 model but more likely to be older. Like the tax and economy of the 1.5 diesel but don't need to get the diesel.

Heard a bit about them being a little under powered, well that doesn't bother me as I'm more interested in reliability and not having to repair it all the time.

Cheers
PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
@qashqaiclub @frankiehipwell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áFebá2014 at 9:25pm
High resale values say it all, reliable and sort after.

Plunge plunge plunge!
Qashqai Premier Edition 0001/2007 - 370z Roadster - Bianchi C2C Full Carbon - Reebok Air otherwise
notanotherhobby View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote notanotherhobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áFebá2014 at 9:29pm
I have a 2007 1.5 diesel and I'm still unsure why peeps keep knocking it as being "underpowered" it is a fabulous engine. Want performance buy a sports biased car, not a crossover.
Dive in and enjoy the QQ for what it is and you'll love it.
2007 1.5dci Accenta in Faded Denim
2010 1.5dci Facelift N-tec in Nightshade
Lee'71 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee'71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áFebá2014 at 11:04pm
I strongly agree. Before my QQ I had a Volvo V50 2.0D and it was a superb motor, full of torque and power when needed. I too was a bit worried about going 'down' to a 1.5 diesel but I was and still am amazed at the power of such a little engine. It's just superb!
2010 N-Tec 1.5dci CafÚ Latte NOW SOLD!
Proud owner of 2014 1.2 DiG-T Acenta Premium, upgrades to follow!! Still lovin' it everyday!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic