UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Club Community > Chris Knott Insurance‎
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Do you want the good news or the bad news?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Approved
Approved

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ChrisKnottIns Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Do you want the good news or the bad news?
    Posted: 17†Jul†2017 at 3:34pm
Hi, I thought you'd be interested in this even if your car insurance isn't due just yet but especially if it is! There's some bad news but there's also some relief at the end...

The bad news
According to an industry report last week, Comprehensive car insurance premiums are now at their highest levels since 2010.

The report reveals that the average premium rose to £847 during Q2 of 2017. That's an increase of £66 or 8.4% across the last quarter and £132 or 18.5% across the last 12 months.

The report cites 4 main reasons:

1) the increase in Insurance Premium Tax (IPT), which has been going up since July 2015 and now sits at 12%,

2) the marked reduction in the Ogden discount rate for personal injury awards,

3) good old Brexit - insurers are seeing increases in the cost of vehicle repairs, fuelled by Brexitís impact on car part prices, and

4) greater repair complexity as the level of expensive technology in vehicles increases.

The report claims there's no evidence to suggest the increases are going to abate.  A £1,000 average premium is still on the horizon but is getting closer.

There's some good news though...
Chris Knott's average new policy premium is just £405 - less than half the national average according to the report. This is also a much shallower increase across the last year - only £14 (3.6%) and still bucking the trend.

As a happy client recently said "This is my third year with @ChrisKnottIns and every year they beat all my other quotes for both cars that are modded. Many thanks again and keep up the good work and the prices down!" carcall, Audi-Sport forum

Please give us a call for a quote to access these lower average rates for club members. You'll need to mention this forum to gain access to our 'Clubs & Enthusiasts scheme'.

QUOTELINE: 0800 917 2274

ONLINE: Visit https://www.chrisknott.co.uk/CarQuote to request a call back.

Feedback about our clubs and enthusiasts offering:

"Well Chris Knott's has come good again - this is my 3rd year with them now this year. They beat all other quotes I was getting without even trying." Rusty2009, Astra J/GTC OC

"Another customer today. Not entirely new as insured a few Alfas with you many years ago. Good price, friendly chat with Ian. Not convinced about the need to supply driving licence check code as never had to do that before, nothing to hide but guess it's to flush out some that have." gavp, BabyBMW forum

"Hi Guys, just purchased my first policy from you - beat my renewal with AXA of £845, now I'm paying £760. Happy motoring. Easy, quick and competitive ." Vrs_Maj, VWAudi Forum
Chris Knott Insurance Ė official forum insurance partner
Please call 0800 917 2274 (or 01424 200477 - cheaper for mobiles)
and QUOTE REF: 840-QAS
MICK74 View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
THE REAL BLING KING!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MICK74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23†Jul†2017 at 9:02am
And the fact that most if not all body repairers use Audatex which is an automatic estimator for body repair

Which is vastly over priced
For example Bmw used it to quote a small dent in the tailgate just shy of £1000
Local body shop £284 using just the eye and experience

Insurers have to get the money back from somewhere and it'll be us who they hit year on year

Proud to be back in a Qashqai
J11 blade silver tekna with some added bling
speculatrix View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote speculatrix Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23†Jul†2017 at 10:18pm
I used to find as I got older my car insurance got cheaper (the only benefit of getting older), but of late that's not been the case :-(
My insurance is up for renewal in a month, I'll definitely get a quote from CK.
2011 model QQ+2, n-tec, red, 2L turbo diesel.
MICK74 View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
THE REAL BLING KING!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MICK74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23†Jul†2017 at 10:32pm
Well worth a shot from ck.. it also worth shopping about...

I'm currently with Axa .. just under £300 fully comp on Qashqai tekna.. I'm 43 with 17 yrs ncb although it should be more but it's a long story and got ripped off by an insurance company...

I also got £40 off my premium for a dash cam...

Also most importantly check with insurer about your ncb.... last year I was with Hastings direct, via a comparison site.
when it came round to getting my ncb letter they capped my ncb at 9 years and then added and extra year...10 years...losing me 7 yrs ncb....
God bless a previous insurer direct line who confirmed and sent a letter saying I had 13 yrs back in 2012 with no claim since...

A valuable lesson learned from my end that's for sure
Proud to be back in a Qashqai
J11 blade silver tekna with some added bling
Abh29 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Abh29 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24†Jul†2017 at 7:47am
Back in Feb this year I got my renewal from nfu for the cars QQ,BMWX1 and BMWZ3 and the Ivor Williams trailer , complete with Breakdown Cover , Legal Assistance ect came in at £1324 Decided to look at alternatives LV came in very competitive at £915(cars only) but then had to add all extras to get comparative cover Chris Knott came in at £1336 (cars only) The expensive option was John Lewis at £1540 (cars only)

Chris Knott apologised for not being more competitive but it was due to wife and myself being over 70.

I left it with nfu as I do find it handy to be able to call in their office to resolve any matter. Also a few years ago when a car ran into back of me they assisted me claim off third party without going via nfu.

The other point is the nfu do not charge any extra if you wish to pay monthly.

Edited by Abh29 - 24†Jul†2017 at 7:54am
Brian
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic