UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > J10 Equipment, Extras, Add Ons and Aftersales
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Dog guards

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big_Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dog guards
    Posted: 25†Sep†2011 at 8:05pm
Looking for a decent Dog Guard for my new QQ...Has a look onto the internet and just failed mins ago on Ebay to acquire a nissan spec Cry

Found this one and it seems to have excellent reviews on the halford's site £79.99 then found the same guard on Pet's at Home £25 cheaper @ £55

http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_10001_catalogId_10151_productId_377107_langId_-1_categoryId_165716

http://www.petsathome.com/shop/premium-mesh-car-guard-k9e-for-dogs-by-mont-blanc-13703

Anyone with a large dog with recommendations.

Cheers

BG
2011 Nissan QQ 1.5Dci Tekna Artic White - Black Leather
nige65 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nige65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25†Sep†2011 at 8:21pm
i have a labrador but dont have my QQ yet but with my 407 i bought a dog guard that extends to fit most models was rubbish kept slipping down anyway if you have a large dog like mine you dont really need a guard i dont use one now cant get through gap anyway .
Big_Gaz View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big_Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25†Sep†2011 at 8:39pm

Originally posted by nige65 nige65 wrote:

i have a labrador but dont have my QQ yet but with my 407 i bought a dog guard that extends to fit most models was rubbish kept slipping down anyway if you have a large dog like mine you dont really need a guard i dont use one now cant get through gap anyway .

Shocked

I have a 12 stone DDB that likes to wander when your driving not ideal lol

Shocked
nige65 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nige65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25†Sep†2011 at 9:32pm
Yes but what i am saying is there is no way the dog can get through gap from roof to seats  and if your dogs 12 stone will need all boot space my dogs 6 and half stone and active but he cant get through that gap if you need something so he cant just jump out when you open boot a cage would be better there are firms that build them to order best part with 407 you can open back window to attach lead and then open boot as mine tends to chew lead if i leave attached i can see me having problems when getting my dog out of QQ as he darts out when boot opened .
Big_Gaz View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big_Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25†Sep†2011 at 9:52pm
It's more to do with securing him within the boot area....don't fancy his giant claws on my nice new leather Confused
nige65 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nige65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25†Sep†2011 at 10:00pm
I know what you mean i have not long ordered a new tekna and will be measuring up after delivery to get a rear cage plenty on ebay  cheaper than a guard makes it safer to open when on main roads as well.
Big_Gaz View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big_Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25†Sep†2011 at 10:03pm
Originally posted by nige65 nige65 wrote:

I know what you mean i have not long ordered a new tekna and will be measuring up after delivery to get a rear cage plenty on ebay  cheaper than a guard makes it safer to open when on main roads as well.

That's not a bad idea actually mate...damn i gave his old metal cage away to a friend Confused

Cheers
Gemma View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Graphs R Us

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gemma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25†Sep†2011 at 10:07pm
I had a "universal fit" guard that could more accurately be described as "universally unfit". They are rubbish.

However I now have a Travall guard, custom built for the Qashqai. It's perfect! So easy to fit (no drilling or permanent alteration required, which I believe the Nissan one needs), very sturdy and you can still use the parcel shelf when pooch is at home.

I think they are quite expensive new (Google their website, maybe around £120) but I got mine second hand from someone on here for £70 I think. You could investigate Ebay/Gumtree etc?

2008 1.5dci Tekna in Cafe Latte with WHIPPET-CUSTOMISED chocolate leather and added Connect
Big_Gaz View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big_Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25†Sep†2011 at 10:16pm
Originally posted by Gemma Gemma wrote:

I had a "universal fit" guard that could more accurately be described as "universally unfit". They are rubbish.

However I now have a Travall guard, custom built for the Qashqai. It's perfect! So easy to fit (no drilling or permanent alteration required, which I believe the Nissan one needs), very sturdy and you can still use the parcel shelf when pooch is at home.

I think they are quite expensive new (Google their website, maybe around £120) but I got mine second hand from someone on here for £70 I think. You could investigate Ebay/Gumtree etc?

Thx Gemma
blandy View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blandy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25†Sep†2011 at 10:19pm
The travall one is brilliant best dog gaurd I've owned had lots of various universal ones which were all rubbish, the travall is so sturdy and can leave it in all the time as the parcel shelf still fits in with the gaurd in place, expensive but worth it imo
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25†Sep†2011 at 10:37pm
Definately the Travall guard, had mine waiting for the car to arrive

says its for QQ 07-09  but fits the facelift as  well though they dont do one for the +2. Can be fitted & removed in a few mins (unlike the Nissan one) & parcel shelf can also be used with guard in place (unlike  the Nissan one)
Older thread on  the quard here

Edited by ericos - 25†Sep†2011 at 10:40pm
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
Big_Gaz View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Big_Gaz Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25†Sep†2011 at 10:59pm
Cheers guys got some good idea's there to ponder on Thumbs Up
Becky264 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Just another Sheep BAHHHH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becky264 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26†Sep†2011 at 11:54am
I wish they would do one for the +2 as i really need one! and im worried the universal ones will be crap like gemma said.
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26†Sep†2011 at 10:22pm
I know what you mean, if were to get another QQ it would probably be a +2 & I hope I can adapt the guard to fit.
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
Becky264 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Just another Sheep BAHHHH

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Becky264 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27†Sep†2011 at 7:06am
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic