Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Faults and Fixes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Door Handle Button

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaystew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Door Handle Button
    Posted: 09 Jun 2020 at 7:12pm
Evening,

I have a 2011 Qashqai +2 - for about 8 months I noticed that the drivers side, black button on the door handle was playing up, originally I thought this was maybe due to a flat battery in the remote so I changed it, I did think this had fixed it but a short time after the button started to play up even after another new battery.

I then noticed, if I pushed the button hard and on a funny angle the car would unlock as it should. Sometimes it would work normal and sometimes I would have to push it hard. About a week ago the button has now totally died and wont work at all, no matter how much I try. The passenger door button and the boot button work fine and the remote functions correctly. I am guessing the actual button in the handle has died and needs to be replaced.

I've search and search to see if these buttons can be changed without buying a whole new handle but cant find anything on, does anyone know if these buttons can be replaced on there own, or is it a whole new handle? Also if I do replace the whole handle would I then have to reprogram my remote fob to the new handle and would I have to do anything with the actual lock to make it work with my key?

Hopefully this will make sense to someone.

Thanks Jay
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2020 at 11:13am
I don't know of the feasibility but could you swap it with the passenger side button?
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
jaystew View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaystew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jun 2020 at 7:08pm
Hi,

Thanks for the reply, i'd rather not do this as it would mean it wouldn't work on the passenger side. I would rather just think the problem.

thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic