UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Faults and Fixes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Door locking and Engine Starting

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Door locking and Engine Starting
    Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 10:49pm
Hey, Got my Qashqai and just found it little hard to start if its left for couple of days, or in the snow this weekend it takes few goes to start. Is this normal, its a diesel 1.5 dci pure drive? My last car started each time, no issues (Pug 308)

Second, for give me if its wrong place, but my my driver door seems to open and alarm goes off when its locked? All other doors are locked when I pull the handle. I have the normal key. I press the lock button on the key twice.

any ideas?

Dava
2011 Black Ntec 1.5 Pure Drive dci - Got my approval with 18" silver/black wheels
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 11:17pm
Wait for the glow plug light to go out then turn ignition off then on again & wait for light to go out again before trying to start  it if its really cold or been left a while in the cold. Light doesnt stay on very long in 1st place, you'd miss it if  you blinked. Must say we do this 1st start in the morning every day if  its particularly cold though most times we probably dont need to
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
dava View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 11:27pm
cheers ericos, Will have to try that in the morning again. Do you have issue that car feels like wont start in cold? Churns over, then cough and starts.
2011 Black Ntec 1.5 Pure Drive dci - Got my approval with 18" silver/black wheels
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Mar 2013 at 11:37pm

very rarely, mainly last year in the extreme cold, but I generally give the glow plug extra time to warm up, comes from driving plant machinery when you had to hold in the manual glow plug heater button in for 30 secs or more  before it would start. A quick extra key turn on the QQ should do the trick, better to get into the habit rather than trying  to start & failing & starting over againBig smile
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
Chainsaw View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chainsaw Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 1:11am
I find if I just try and start from straight away then engine will not start first thing.
I always get in car, turn on without starting, put my seat belt on and by then the 'OIL GOOD' has appeared and then it starts first time :)

Chainsaw
QQ 2.0 dci, S&S, Nightshade, Bose 7 Spkrs, Roof Rails, 1/2-1/2 Leather Seats, Panoramic Roof, MGF Horns, Xenon Lights, Retro fitted 25915- BH30E Connect system. COMING SOON: X-Trail EXTREME TEKNA
Targetmark View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Targetmark Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 7:04pm
As above for starting a diesel engine. Do not understand what is happening with the alarm going off when you
Now I like driving.
dava View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 7:31pm
I'll get a video up shortly on the alarm when locking. Car garage be getting a call tomorrow
Downtime View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Downtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 7:34pm
Have you had the battery checked?

My year old 2.0dCi had a faulty battery from the factory. It was basically dead. On cold weather it did not start and I had to plug a battery charger to get it going.
dava View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 8:18pm
hey posted the link here below. Sorry for bad production :P

http://bit.ly/16b4x4J

The car had been locked all after noon and shows me going to car to test its locked on back driver side. Door is locked.

Then open driver door and *Alarm* Confused 

Edited by Craigfishin - 24 Mar 2013 at 8:24pm
dava View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 8:20pm
Havent had it checked yet Downtime, but going to garage tomorrow I bought it from. Then might need to go to Nissan dealer. 
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 8:26pm
seems like the locking mech has frozen , thats happened to a few members before , back to nissan im afraid unless you have a local garage that you trust 
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
dava View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 8:53pm
Originally posted by Craigfishin Craigfishin wrote:

seems like the locking mech has frozen , thats happened to a few members before , back to nissan im afraid unless you have a local garage that you trust 

Sounds like back to nissan then. Bought car second hand of dealer, but only had it few days so they shall hopefully get it resolved then.
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 9:13pm
should still be under full warranty if its a 11 plate Thumbs Up
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
dava View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 9:25pm
yup 11 plate so thankfully will get these ironed out. not sure previous owner was as car proud as me. :) 
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2013 at 10:25pm
Thumbs Up , keep us informed buddy
dava View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2013 at 2:44pm
Engine trouble this morning, would not start. Car now gone to Nissan garage for some tests on engine and battery.

Might take while to get car back with Easter and snow issues we have here, garages are all booked up.

They tried to give me this 

Chevrolet Spark, but managed to get a VW Passat.Thumbs Up

dava View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dava Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2013 at 1:44pm
hey guys, word from nissan is that the engine is clear and no faults showing...or for starting.
having a hard time to get this resolved. Clearly problem with starting the engine, if you had a look at my video when was on a cold start.
 Confused

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic