Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > J10 Equipment, Extras, Add Ons and Aftersales
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Door speaker wiring J10

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattisonfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Door speaker wiring J10
    Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 3:37pm
I canít seem to find an answer to this question anywhere...

I am in the process of fitting aftermarket Pioneer speakers to the front and rear doors, however I canít seem to find a diagram/answered question anywhere which says which of the wires connecting to the door speakers are positive or negative. My wiring has L3 and M3 printed on black wires and that is all. No indication on the terminals, no other symbols on the wires etc. 

I havenít wired speakers into a car before and donít want to do it wrong, although I know I canít damage the speakers if they were the wrong way round, I would like it to all work as it should..

Anyone had any experience with this to date?

Cheers all,

Matt
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 4:42pm
As long as you connect the L3 and M3 wires to the SAME contacts on the new speakers in either door - everything will be fine...
I suppose the L3 and M3 wires are connectet to the SAME contacts at the existing speakers...
Qashqai Acenta, 2,0 dCi, 110 kW, DPF, Euro5, black Z11G
mattisonfire View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mattisonfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2020 at 4:49pm
Yeah both wired up the same so far for the front. Haven't done the rear yet.

So the positive/negative really make no difference as long as it's all the same for each speaker? There's no phase control on my head unit and I don't have an amp. 

Not don't car sound system before, but home cinema I'm all over!
Allan_P View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Allan_P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2020 at 2:36am
A bit late with this I know but there's a very simple way to determine speaker polarity.

Use a small battery, anything from AA to 9v smoke detector type.

Attach wires to both speaker terminals.

Hold one of the wires to the negative batt terminal and touch the other wire to the pos terminal briefly.

If the diaphragm moves towards you (to the inside of the car) then you have correct polarity. If it moves away from you then flip the battery connections.

It's easy to trace the polarity through the factory connector to determine which colours Nissan was using that day.
Trigger365 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Trigger365 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jan 2021 at 11:27pm
I too have the same question as i see it wasnt answered fully - so here goes - does anyone actually know what SM and/or SL are as far as negative and positive polaritys are in wiring the aftermarket speakers in the front doors as the pioneer speakers are clearly indentified the nissan is not clear and sound is so important to get right
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic