UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Owners questions?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

DPF Filter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malc100 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DPF Filter
    Posted: 02áJaná2013 at 6:02pm
Hi, I am about to buy a new Qashqai and we have just put a deposit on a new !.6 DCI N-Tek
I did ask the dealer about the DPF and told him of our type of use at the time we placed the order and he said it only needed an italian tune up every now and again to sort the DPF out.

However after this I was browsing the brochure at the weekend I found the small print re the Diesel Particle Filter and then raised this with the dealer on monday who said that there were no issues with the DPF in 1.5 or 16 DCI cars and that this was 2.0 DCi issue only and we should not be concerned. Both the sales manager and service manager were rolled out to allay our concerns at the meeting. 

In the meantime I had also emailed Nissan Customer service over the weekend and their advice was completely different, do not buy a diesel because the DPF makes it unsuitable for urban use we should have a petrol engine instead.

I asked Customer service why their advice was different to the dealers and was told that while they are not technical the official line is urban use is unsuitable for the Diesel engines and it will take a 40 minute journey on the motorway to clean the DPF every week

What do you all think??

malcolm

Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áJaná2013 at 7:28pm
I havent seen any posts On here fOr a couple of years re DPF issues. Thete were many problems on the 2.0 model in early days but none on the 1.5 ... i've had 2x1.5 diesels and do urban journeys. I have had no problems at all.. I think they added some fifth infector to thr engine or something??? I am not techy!!!!

I havent heard ANY issues so far on 1.6
2.0 Visia 2007, 1.5 Dci Acenta 2008' 1.6 Acenta 2009 and 1.5dci N-Tec 2011....bye bye Qashqai!! hiya Juke 1.5dci NTEC
vuli View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vuli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03áJaná2013 at 5:12pm
I have 2.0 dci for 5 years and no issue with DPF... knock,knock, knock. Hope it stays this way.
I didnt even see the light on the dashboard for DPF(regeneration) yet.

It is possible to remove DPF fisicaly and by the ecu but some people do not recomed this becouse of the turbo. DPF make some backpresure for turbo, and without dpf could be bad or you needto know a guy who have a lot of skills with programing ecu.
This I heard.
QashQai 2.0dCi Acenta,4wd,manual,07

colinsp65 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote colinsp65 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03áJaná2013 at 5:55pm
I've got the 1.6 dCi Tekna and must say that most of my journeys to work take about 20 minutes, with about half of that on the motorway, so I don't really do enough for the DPF to do it's thing.

But there again, I only got it on the 17th December, so not done a huge amount of miles yet, not even seen the light come on yet.
Colin in Maidstone - 2013 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 dCi
qashqaiman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qashqaiman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03áJaná2013 at 6:01pm
hi i have a 1.6dci had it for nearly a year now have used it around town and on motorways with no problem at all with dpf
2011 qashqai tekna 1.6 dci black. with chrome fog light surrounds front & rear.sidebars.number plate surrounds door sill guards.
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03áJaná2013 at 6:19pm
dpf has a self regeneration system now so no more needing to do the 1 hr trip screaming the engine
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
Chucky7 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chucky7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áJaná2013 at 7:18pm
My QQ still suffers with this.....needs a good 25 min run on the A1 every month or so to reset it....highly annoying
Used to own 57-plate 2.0dCi Acenta 4WD in Flame Red

Did have a 1.6dCi Tekna CVT in Ink Blue on order in 2014 but got cancelled.....

I miss my QQ and may be back in a few years
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áJaná2013 at 7:21pm
the original design was very poor but after all the complaints i think they have got it sussed now as havnt heard anyone with a 2011/12 having any issues thankfully

this is the only reason i went for another 1.5dci , my current one is pre dpf but if they were still having these problems id never have ordered one
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
w1zzer View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w1zzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áJaná2013 at 5:50am
I only do mainly local runs and I have a 2011 1.5dci and no problems here. You get a funny smell when you get out of the car sometimes were its regenerated itself.

As long as you go over 40 for a few miles it does this as far as I know

So no problems for me
Sep 2011 Qashqai 1.5dci n-Tec New Flame Red. AFMC
birder56 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote birder56 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áFebá2013 at 7:29pm
Love diesels but have gone off DPF as the Euro solution to emission regulations. I still drive a 2 litre diesel automatic Qashqai circa 2007. When living near a motorway I rarely had problems with the DPF and it was easy to cure even though it was galling to HAVE to go for a fast run somewhere just to clear it.
Now being in a rural location I have run into serious and expensive problems with the DPF because of short lowish speed runs locally, very similar to being in town! Still love the car but have accepted the incompatibility of diesel with our journeys so have ordered a new petrol Qashqai as the only real solution.

To Malc100 - you may well have your new diesel by now and I do not wish to frighten you, especially as the new models must have been improved somewhat. My case may be extreme but I'm taking the safe option.

2013 2.0 petrol Qashqai+2 CVT Tekna in Magnetic Red
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áFebá2013 at 7:34pm
new system now , no need for runs out its an automatic regeneration Thumbs Up
Spanner View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spanner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01áMará2013 at 2:55pm
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01áMará2013 at 3:21pm
strange as not heard of any cases of this since the new system was introduceed and im not going to be put off of getting another Thumbs Up 
vuli View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vuli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01áMará2013 at 8:48pm
but since when is this new sistem that runs automatic regen?

I am wonder why Chucky7's QQ regenerate dpf ~ every month, my does't do nothing(year 07).
And I do not drive a lot, specialy I see motorway "twice" a year.

Even, if I ride just to work and back witch is 2km top. Unless, I am occasionally sifting at  3000 maybe 3500 RPM and probaly this time burns all out.

QashQai 2.0dCi Acenta,4wd,manual,07

Gshep69 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gshep69 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áMará2013 at 7:32pm
On my old 2010 2.0 dci, the dfp light came on after about 35000 miles even though I was hammering down the motorway at the time the light came on.  Drove it hard as suggested in the manual but to no avail and the light refused to go off so had to go into a dealer for regeneration.  Seemed to work fine, although it looked like it used about 5 gallons of diesel to make it work !

Have just picked up a new 2013 1.6 dci, so based on craigfishin's comments am I correct in thinking that this shouldn't be an issue any more ?

Always seemed ludicrous to me that a so called environmental feature could go wrong, and the only way to fix it was to thrash the hell out of your car for 40 minutes !!
2013 Qashqai+2, 1.6Dci, Tekna, Nightshade, Graphite Leather interior
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áMará2013 at 11:21pm
The 2l was always the problem, the system was improved considerably before it was introduced to the 1.5 (about Sept 2010) then later on the 1.6. Can't say I've heard on any problems with them either (so farWink)
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
Downtime View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Downtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áMará2013 at 7:42am
Originally posted by ericos ericos wrote:

The 2l was always the problem, the system was improved considerably before it was introduced to the 1.5 (about Sept 2010) then later on the 1.6. Can't say I've heard on any problems with them either (so farWink)

The facelift QQ with 2.0 dCi also has an improved dpf system. I've drive 20 000 km mainly town and never had the light come on. No problems with the dpf so far.
PaulJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áMará2013 at 9:56am
Same here, 2010 facelift 2.0 dCi and lot of town driving with never any problems with DPF. Think they must have changed on the facelift models.
2010 Qashqai+2, 2.0dci 4WD Auto, Tekna, Pearl Black
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áMará2013 at 12:19pm
think there was a fifth injector added soewhere doen the line to help with regeneration
2.0 Visia 2007, 1.5 Dci Acenta 2008' 1.6 Acenta 2009 and 1.5dci N-Tec 2011....bye bye Qashqai!! hiya Juke 1.5dci NTEC
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic