UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

DPF Filter

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rimma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DPF Filter
    Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 5:39pm
Good evening everyone.
I have never used this forum before, but unfortunately I have a problem with my Qashqai 2.0 ( 2011 ), mileage - 92 000 and probably somebody have an answer to it. My story will be long.
One day I was driving on the motorway and I realised that car is not accelerating. I was pressing accelerator to the floor and it didnt go more than 80mph and 3000mpx. Engine light appeared.
So I brought my car to mechanic. He said it is problems with DPF filter. He tried to clean it (manually ), did regeneration and also changed one of the sensors. 
When I took my car and was driving on the motorway again, the same problem appeared. So I took my car to the Nissan dealer. I explained them what I changed so far.
So they called me and said I need to change another sensor, to do regeneration again and they will see if its working. I agreed. They called me back and said it didnt work, I need to change a DPF filter. 
I bought a new DPF filter from www.catman.co.uk ( £465.00 ), brought it to the Nissan dealer and they changed it for me.
I was driving more than a week ( 400 miles ) and the same problem appeared again. I took my car back to the Nissan dealer. They checked it again and said I need to change another sensor. I agreed for it to be changed (£180 ). When I came to collect my car, I showed them a picture of DPF filter to tell me which sensor they have changed. The showed me and said that sensor which I changed before by my own mechanic ( the first one ) needed to be changed because he put it in the wrong place where different sensor must be. ( why they didnt spot it before? I dont know ). 
When I left Nissan dealer, the engine light appeared after 10 miles and I couldnt accelerate again. I tried to drive on second gear to reach 40mph but car didnt move again. I was pressing up to the floor. 
I took my car back to Nissan dealer again. They looked at it next day and said they cant find a problem, they have requested some information from somewhere else. 
Today they called me and said they were advised to do regeneration again.  ( why? normally you do regeneration when DPF filter is blocked, but I had a new filter fitted in less than a month ago - driven 500 miles only ). I asked if they are going to change an oil again, lady on a phone couldnt answer to this question and said they will explain everything to me tomorrow. ( As they told me before, you must change an oil when do regeneration ).
Could somebody please explain to me, what is it? maybe an issue is not with a dpf filter and they just try everything what they see? Already spent in total £1500 
Best regards
Rimma
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 8:21pm
Did anybody check the EGR valve (exhaust gas recirculation (EGR)? Very often this is at fault when the car changes into emergency operation...
Qashqai Acenta, 2,0 dCi, 110 kW, DPF, Euro5, black Z11G
Rimma View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rimma Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Dec 2017 at 9:19pm
Thank you very much. I will ask this question tomorrow when will go to collect my car.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic