UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Diesel Heads > 1.5 diesel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

DPF light..?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DPF light..?
    Posted: 26áAugá2011 at 6:22pm
Hiya all,

Just picked up my 60 (2011) plate 1.5 dci NTEC in Cafe Latte. with 18 inch wheels.

As you will no doubt be were, it's my 4th QQ. however my first post DPF diesel.

Should it have a DPF .... puff of smoke icon on the dash?... I had thought at switch on , a light would be illuminated on the dash to show me it was working. Am I being thick or are the EURO V DPFs different to the old style DPFs in so far as they don't need to be illuminated.

I am worried that I miss something.

Car is beautiful, Love the high drive position and love the panoramic roof. Forgot how torquey the 1.5 is after having a sluggish 1.4 petrol civic....

Thanks
Fee x
2.0 Visia 2007, 1.5 Dci Acenta 2008' 1.6 Acenta 2009 and 1.5dci N-Tec 2011....bye bye Qashqai!! hiya Juke 1.5dci NTEC
HarryN-TEC View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áAugá2011 at 6:30pm
Nice to see your back in the best Fee...Smile..... mine hasnt got a dpf so no help there...
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áAugá2011 at 7:11pm
You have the Euro 5 1.5 engine like me..mine is a 60 plate also.  However, mine does not have a DPF. You should get a garage to have a look underneath.

The light is present...right next to the hub of the speedo needle at about 10 o'clock.
The manual specifies that it will light up on ignition ONLY on the 2.0l engine.

My suspicion is that like mine there is no DPF fitted to your car.
1.5Dci Tekna, Pearl Black, 60 Plate
1.6Dci Tekna with Stop/Start Pearl Black 63 plate
VanDiesil View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VanDiesil Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áAugá2011 at 8:06pm
according to the dealer, there is no more 2l diesel QQ's, only the 1.5 
Ooooooosssshhhhhh!!!!!!!

11 plate n-Tec 1.5dCi in speckley metallic purpley brown
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áAugá2011 at 8:27pm
Thanks guys . will ask at dealers. I can but live in hope that it doesn't have a DPF but somehow I don't think so...

It would seem I have an oil leak anyway . Hubby has just come in to announce we have an oil leak. Appears to be dripping down, drivers side, somehow dripping through mudguard? a bit vague but I am not technical and it's a bit too dark to see what's what.

Oh the joys....

Fee x
2.0 Visia 2007, 1.5 Dci Acenta 2008' 1.6 Acenta 2009 and 1.5dci N-Tec 2011....bye bye Qashqai!! hiya Juke 1.5dci NTEC
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áAugá2011 at 9:15pm
Hope its not too serious or else straight back to the dealer....
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áAugá2011 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by VanDiesil VanDiesil wrote:

according to the dealer, there is no more 2l diesel QQ's, only the 1.5 

See that the problem with crack dealers..almost as bad as car dealers!
1.5Dci Tekna, Pearl Black, 60 Plate
1.6Dci Tekna with Stop/Start Pearl Black 63 plate
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26áAugá2011 at 9:25pm
LOLClap
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic