UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

DPF Mystery

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cobol666 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DPF Mystery
    Posted: 13áNová2017 at 12:10pm
TLDR; After changing, air intake pipe, DPF, DPF pressure sensor, engine oil, and oil filter; the red engine warning light on my 2012 NTEC 1.d dci keeps coming on with a gradual loss of power. error code reads P242F ( https://www.autocodes.com/p242f. - Diesel Particulate Filter Restriction Ash Accumulation). Running out of things to try.

Hi,

I have a Nissan Qashqai 2012 1.5 dci. It has 70k on the clock and is used mainly for commuting the 40 miles down the M1 to work.

A few weeks back when attempting to overtake a particularly lethargic fellow road user, I felt a sharp loss of power coupled with the red engine light coming on. I limped it the rest of the way to work and called the RAC.

They identified that the air intake pipe was cracked apart (a common fault), the RAC man then glued it together and sent me on my way. Unfortunately, on my way home the same thing happened again only this time I lost all power - cue an awkward  30-mile tow home from a grumpy RAC man in Friday rush hour.

The garage Identified that the pipe had come off again and it would need replacing, they also changed the DPF as this had become clogged (it was due one soon anyway).

I drove it home only for the engine light to appear again(P242F). I returned it to the garage and after a few days they let me know they forgot to reset the computer to let it know "they have changed a part?" but a few miles down the road the light reappeared with the same code (P242F). So over the course of many return trips to the garage, they proceeded to change the pressure sensor, oil, oil filter all to no avail, each time returning the same error code (P242F). 

Each time I saw the light come on I ofc gave it an Italian tune up. Sometimes with redx. but this has not removed the engine light.

So I am now running out of things to try. I can only assume that running the car with a broken air intake pipe has caused some kind of damage - but not sure. Any help in diagnosing the problem will be much appreciated.

Kind Regards,

Cobol

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic