Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > Nissan Qashqai J10 Engine Range
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

DPF problem - won't regen

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Simonrp Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DPF problem - won't regen
    Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 9:57am
Hi all,
I have a 2012 Qashqai+2 1.4 Diesel .
MY DPF was well and truly blocked (causing the Engine Management light to come on).
So I bought a new DPF and had my local garage (whom I have used for years) fit it.
It was fine for about a month and then the light came on again. The garage looked at it and sure enough the code was DPF. He tried to initiate a regen via his computer and it went 3/4 of the way through and then stopped with Regen Failed. So he manually cleaned out the DPF, refitted it and it was fine for about another month until the light came on again.
I might add that when this happens the car is a struggle to drive - It is lacking power and it can just about hold 60mph but feels like it's "Pulling back".
My mechanic is at a loss as to what is causing this (and what caused a brand new DPF to block after a month).
Does anyone have any ideas at all please ?
Thank you in advance for any help.
zh875 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zh875 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 5:57pm
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic