Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Diesel Heads
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

DPF problems.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 18>
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterChris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: DPF problems.
    Posted: 25 Mar 2008 at 9:43pm
Hello everyone!
Got our Qashqai Tekna 2litre Diesel in September 07.
The DPF filter which is on these cars removes particles from the exhaust to make it more environmentally friendly but can only reach temps to burn off these particles when the engine runs at 50mph for long periods (30 mins-60 mins) everyday.
As i only drive my car through town on roads which have a speed limit no more than 40mph, the DPF warning light comes on every 2 weeks, if we do not drive the car at the correct speed for the correct time, this DPF warning light turns into a engine malfunction.
To correct this engine malfunction, my car has to go back to the dealer to be regenerated where the oil and filter are changed costing approx. £200 a go.
I would like to hear of anybody else who has this same problem.

Nopbody warned us of this issue when we bought the car, and the dealer told us that all owners would be recieving a letter advising customers that this isn't covered by the warranty but we are still yet to recieve ours.

Tonight my husband has drove 41 miles down the motorway at speeds of 80mph and the DPF warning light still has not turned off, how is this good for the environment or my fuel costs? The journeys we take to get rid of the warning light are completely unnecessary.

Please reply if you are also experiencing this, but the DPF filter is only on the 2 diesel models.

zedcuk View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote zedcuk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2008 at 7:27am
I'm guessing this is the thread mentioned above:
http://forum.qashqaiclub.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=800&KW=DPF

Its also discussed here : http://forum.qashqaiclub.co.uk/forum_posts.asp?TID=947&KW=dpf&PID=7482#7482

Problem with these boards is the search function expires fairly quickly.  It's better to Search - find the thread, get the thread link and post that rather than posting a search link only for the person to hit the expired message.

Edited by zedcuk - 26 Mar 2008 at 7:28am
UrbanNomad View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2008 at 3:47pm
Hello Peter, I and many other members have posted on this issue which is common with all diesel engines fitted with a particulate filter.
I recently took a test drive in a VW Golf Match ( Classy little motor ) as I want to replace my Ford Focus with another "C" segment car.
Yesterday I had a chance to read through the Golf  brochure and was suprised to see on page 18 / 19 this cautionary paragraph,
Quote:
" Please note, driving conditions within inner-cities and the Channel Islands may not provide optimum conditions for the use of DPF technology. Therefore, it is advised that you consider this before ordering your vehicle with DPF."
At least VW have come clean and obviously acknowledge that these DPF engines can be problematic in less than ideal situations.
Nissan should do the same and inform customers of this rather than bleat about the fuel returns and low tax advantages. I believe DPF's are going to be fitted to the 1.5 engine in the future, if I really wanted a 1.5 diesel I would purchase one now before the filter is standard!

Bling-free 2009 QQ Acenta 1.6 called Tyson in Faded Denim, still looking box fresh!
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2008 at 7:27pm
Hi - I picked up my 1.5 Dci yesterday and was handed a leaflet  - I quote

" As soon as poss after DPF warning light illuminates - you should drive speed above 40mph until the light goes out - depending on the amount of soot this can take up to 30 minutes" 

"The vehicle may enter fail-safe mode and limit engine speed to max 3000rpm... to recover from this condition SERVICE REGENERATION has to be carried out by workshop equipped with Nissan diagnostic equipment.  In addition to this service regeneration, the engine oil and filter must be replaced"

"If service regeneration is required it is not a fault with the vehicle and will not be covered under warranty"

Also - Service dept have advised me that both 1.5 + 2.0 models have DPF fitted already

Seems like a total waste of money then as I drive relatively high mileage but short journeys - I think I have made a big mistake then and may live to regret this purchase.  Only time will tell....

Edited by feefeeglasgow - 26 Mar 2008 at 10:14pm
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2008 at 12:01am
This DPF fiasco goes against the reasoning for purchasing a diesel car in the first place. Most owners pay the extra purchasing premium for a diesel in the belief of lower fuel bills over time, due to the better mpg.

The fact that you now have to drive a DPF diesel car relatively hard over a long period in order not to incur a fault seems ridiculous. Therefore your usage is dictated to by the car and you may end up at the fuel pumps sooner than you thought ( no real savings then? ).

Finally £200  for a forced regeneration is shocking! ( No innuendos G5 BOY Wink )

p.s
feefeeglasgow, would you consider rejecting it for a petrol as it does not suit your driving style, and you were not informed at the time?
Bling-free 2009 QQ Acenta 1.6 called Tyson in Faded Denim, still looking box fresh!
Yorqai View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Yorqai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2008 at 9:06am
I agree with UrbanNomad, and this leaflet that feefee got is a disgrace, this information is central to the buying decision and must be given at that stage not on pick up!!  Anyway, is this confirmation that the 1.5dci is now fitted with the DPF.........if it is I'll not be having another unless they get the technology right.
 I think that this club can reasonably claim to be the most authentic voice of the Qashqai owner and Mr Nissan needs to know that we 'aint pleased with him on this one .......he needs to get his act together because this problem  could cause tremendous damage to the QQ,s reputation.....and sales!
All the world's a stage.....
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2008 at 2:03pm
I wonder if Pr07phet would be intested in a copy of this leaflet to post on forum. 

I would consider returning the car if a) they bought it back at same value and I didn't lose a penny  b) if it was hassle free and I didn't have to deal with a load of penpushers, beaurocracy and red tape.

I wasn't sure if ALL Dci owners on this site could jointly get together and prepare some documentation to both Downing Street + Nissan..

I agree that the environmental issue is a joke if this what we have to do regularly.  I paid over the odds and clearly the car isn't fit for purpose.  I wonder if there is something in the sale of goods act??

Are there any lawyers out there who can help?   I'm off on a rant now as I traded in my 2.0L for this Dci to save money on fuel instead I've bought myself potentially a financial ticking timebomb.

I have written to Nissan also to find out for once and for all "officially" if the
1.5 has already got this DPF technology installed or if the dealership were talking pants..... I live in hope 

Thanks
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2008 at 3:35pm
Well if Pr07phet has no objections - I will send copy down.  I dont have a clue how to scan form so I would have to ask him to do it.

Incidentally I phoned 4 dealers today and only 1 came to an immediate answer on whether or not the 1.5dci had DPF fitted, the others didn't think so but there was a lot of coming ang going.  Seems the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

Nissan Customer Services also called me back and advised me that DPF was NOT fitted in 1.5Dci engines!!!!!! SO that might put a few 1.5 owners minds at ease but I still think the whole situation stinks.......

I feel a rebellion rising......

Ps - bought my car on Wednesday and already its going back to get checked...  idling is very very noisy - and whole car shakes. The wing mirror vibrates very badly and I also think suspension bushes are shot (again) - I have only done 50 miles...
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2008 at 6:35pm
Originally posted by UrbanNomad UrbanNomad wrote:

This DPF fiasco goes against the reasoning for purchasing a diesel car in the first place. Most owners pay the extra purchasing premium for a diesel in the belief of lower fuel bills over time, due to the better mpg.

The fact that you now have to drive a DPF diesel car relatively hard over a long period in order not to incur a fault seems ridiculous. Therefore your usage is dictated to by the car and you may end up at the fuel pumps sooner than you thought ( no real savings then? ).

Finally £200  for a forced regeneration is shocking! ( No innuendos G5 BOY Wink )

p.s
feefeeglasgow, would you consider rejecting it for a petrol as it does not suit your driving style, and you were not informed at the time?

OK - I'm a petrolhead and prone to 'diesel-bitching' but this gets worse and worse.

1. I read that you have to do around 46500 miles before you recoup the extra cost of a new diesel (over the petrol equivalent) car in fuel cost saving, which is 1500 more than last year as diesel has increased in price faster than petrol.
  2. I read that the 2.0 diesel QQ has higher CO2 emmissions than the 2.0 petrol, so worse for the planet and VED (road tax) will be more than the 2.0 petrol in future as a result.
  3. Now you oil-burning buddies will have to pay £200 a pop to be forcibly regenerated (Ooooh matron ShockedEmbarrassed - there ya go UrbanNomad) on a regular basis.

What gives?

PS - Feefee has just swapped her petrol for a diesel, so is unlikely to want to do the reverse I guess.

Feefee - scanning's simple (even I can do it) and scanner's are dirt cheap - treat yourself and have a go Tongue
QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2008 at 7:22pm
G5 Boy - you honestly dont realise how much of a technophobe I am.  

Me and technology do not go.... its taken me 2 days to work out how to load CD's into my new Autochanger and also discovered that I am parking better thanks to my super dooper parking sensors.  They should fit front ones too as standard.

Tomorrow I will be trying to pair my phone with bluetooth - what joys!!!
Mezzanine View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mezzanine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2008 at 2:22pm
On the 1.5dCi DPF issue, you should be able to find out if you have it via the dashboard warning lights. At least according to the manual... There's an orange DPF light (looks like a plume of smoke flowing through a filter) which should illuminate on the dash and go out after ignition if you have DPF.

On the brand new 1.5 demonstrator we've been drving since Friday, there's no DPF warning light.

Regards,
Mezzanine.
cossiejsy View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cossiejsy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2008 at 9:59pm
Hi peterchris

I had the same trouble as you with the DPF light coming on about 3 times and I drove for a mile and half and it cleared it self and as I live on a island which has top speed limit of 40mph I will have to break the speed limit every time it needs cleaning out.
PEARL BLACK ACENTA 2.0dci 2WD 6SPEED,CHROME SIDE BARS,BLACK TINTED WINDOWS.
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2008 at 7:56am
Hiya
Did you buy your car on the mainland or on the island?  I am really disappointed that the dealership didn't tell you that perhaps that model of car wouldn't really be suitable for the type of driving and WHERE you would be driving. Thats a bit of a bummer!!!  Some people have had to drive at quite excessive speeds to clear it.
Qashguy View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Qashguy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2008 at 10:04am
My vehicle was also bought in the Island, there was no mention in the brochure that the vehicle was not suitable for the Islands lower driving speeds due to the DPF. The dealer never mentioned it, the first I knew was when reading the hand book.  It's not so much the speed that's important when trying to clear the DPF it's the RPM. They need to be above 3,000 to get the exhaust gases hot enough to burn off the soot.

My light has not yet come on, although I have only done about 1400 miles. What I have been doing on occasions is driving in a lower gear (2nd or 3rd) to get the rev's up above 3,000rpm for a mile or so.

I would not have bought the car had I'd known the implications of having the DPF. I am hoping it won't become an expensive problem.
Stu.......Tekna 2.0 dCi Blade
R.H.P View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote R.H.P Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2008 at 10:57am
Originally posted by Qashguy Qashguy wrote:

My light has not yet come on, although I have only done about 1400 miles. What I have been doing on occasions is driving in a lower gear (2nd or 3rd) to get the rev's up above 3,000rpm for a mile or so.
I'm glad someone said that. That's the way I see it too. I think it is misinformation to state that vehicle has to be driven at a certain speed - it is down to the engine revs, road speed has nothing to do with it surely Question. If the Nissan advice that has been mentioned states clearing the DPF by driving at a certain speed I think this is seriously misleading Ouch

G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2008 at 12:46pm
True, true.

But the environ-'mentalists' and the government are really pushing diesels as a big 'climate change fix' are they not?.................I don't quite see it myself....................especially reading the stuff here and looking at the numbers.  Plus, if it was so and they are committed, wouldn't the tax on diesel be lower than petrol, not higher and rising?  It was a few years back when they started pushing diesel as the future. Confused

Mezzanine View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mezzanine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2008 at 1:19pm
It's not really a diesel vs. petrol issue anymore, at least not in the media. It's now all about CO2 emissions in g/km. That's not the end of the story but it's what the government has latched onto.

If you look at the official QQ figures:
1.5d: 139 g/Km
1.6p: 162 g/Km
2.0p: 189-199 g/Km (depending on spec)
2.0d: 174-208 g/Km (depending on spec)

The 1.5dCi has the lowest CO2 emissions. If there was a 1.4 turbo petrol in the range, that may have come top.

I chose the 1.5 diesel not because it was diesel but because it was powerful enough for my needs and should return over 50mpg. Nothing else in the range came close.
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2008 at 2:52pm
...............and the 2.0 4WD petrol CVT is cleaner than the 2.0 4WD petrol manual and the 2.0 4WD auto diesel.  So I'm not the naughtiest boy on the block after all Star.

Edited by G5 BOY - 02 Apr 2008 at 3:43pm
Mezzanine View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mezzanine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2008 at 3:30pm
Well for 2.0 4WD models, the breakdown is:
184 g/Km: 2.0d manual
198 g/Km: 2.0p CVT
199 g/Km: 2.0p manual
208 g/Km: 2.0d auto

The CVT saves 1g/Km or 0.7MPG on the urban cycle Wink

A traditional auto transmission has a high fuel overhead around town; the 2.0d only manages 28MPG on the urban cycle. If they added an auto box to the 2.0 petrol it would probably have come in at 230 g/Km which would really have dented the overall greenness of the QQ range...

For people with a restricted automatic-only driving license, is it legal to drive a CVT? If not, I guess Nissan felt they had to include an auto transmission and chose to shove it on the diesel as putting it on the petrol would have hurt the overall figures too much.
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2008 at 3:49pm
Originally posted by Mezzanine Mezzanine wrote:

......................For people with a restricted automatic-only driving license, is it legal to drive a CVT? ......................

Now that's an interesting one.  The CVT (and most decent modern autos I think - RHP?) are in fact semi-auto as you can flip into manual if you really want to.  So if you only have a licence to drive autos..............

1. can you drive any auto/CVT, even if it is semi-auto?
  2. if so, how do they know you don't sneak into manual when no-one's looking? Evil%20Smile
  3. why didn't you learn to drive properly? LOL
The Corse Kid View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Corse Kid Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2008 at 12:33am
1. Yes - as long as there is no manual clutch
2. Doesn't matter, see above
3. ;)
worms View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote worms Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2008 at 9:35pm
Hi. we also have a Tekna 2 litre Diesel Auto 4WD Tonight i also had to drive 35miles down the motorway just to get the dpf light to go out. The car as been back to the dealers 3 times already with the engine light coming on. And our car as only covered 3000miles. We must have a clean engine, as the oil & fillter have been changed each time the car as been back. We have lodged a compliant with Nissan and await there reply.
albatros View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albatros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 8:34am
In the six months we have had the QQ, I have twice noticed a hot acrid smell which I put down the first time to it being a new engine/exhaust system  but now I wonder if it is the DPF thingy (sorry to get technical) working? We have never (touch wood) seen the warning light. And the car is still driving fine. Anybody else had this smell?
57, 2.0dCi [J10] Acenta, auto, pearl black/graphite, chrome side bars & tailgate strip (hers!) 07 Pathfinder Aventura, auto (mine!)
boilerman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Thames Ditton, Surrey

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote boilerman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 5:22pm
I must admit I have not had the smell,but I have also had the emmisions light come on twice.I live near the A3 so a fast run down to Merrow and back has cleared the light. I was not informed of this problem when I brought my 2.0 dci Tekna. I went to pick up my daughters car a Fiat 500 1.3 diesel and I asked the dealer if it had a DPF, it hasn't!! I mentioned the problem with the QQ 2.0 dci he said he knew about it because he used to worked for Renault, they were told by Renault to ask customers about there style of driving because of the problem with the DPF. So now my daughter takes my QQ to work once every three to for weeks which is all motorway  just to clear the DPF. This is not an ideal situation ,(most of my driving is around town) and this could be cheaper solution than doing unnecessary trips to clear the light.The increase in mileage is only an extra 80 miles per month. I can live with that. 
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 6:27pm
Hi - that sounds like an ideal solution for you but as you are all too aware not everyone can do that. 

It seems to me that Nissan staff in dealerships are clearly not telling everyone about this issue.  I bought a 1.5dci and was told their was a DPF AFTER I had signed all my paperwork transpires though that there isn't currently DPF in 1.5 models at the moment - pheww!!  Had there been a DPF it would not have been suitable for me and my driving.

I still think this problem should be highlighted as MANY people out there are having this problem..... perhaps highlight the issue on Watchdog like the Ford Focus owners have done recently.  (This issue does not affect just Nissan but the issue is not likely to go away but get worse as all deisel engines will have to have this technology sooner rather than later)

Good luck - hope you have no further issues but if you do please keep us posted.

Fee
albatros View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote albatros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2008 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by albatros albatros wrote:

In the six months we have had the QQ, I have twice noticed a hot acrid smell which I put down the first time to it being a new engine/exhaust system  but now I wonder if it is the DPF thingy (sorry to get technical) working? We have never (touch wood) seen the warning light. And the car is still driving fine. Anybody else had this smell?

Should have done a search, have done now- smell reported in other thnreads, mind now at rest.LOL
57, 2.0dCi [J10] Acenta, auto, pearl black/graphite, chrome side bars & tailgate strip (hers!) 07 Pathfinder Aventura, auto (mine!)
BCOGHILL View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BCOGHILL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2008 at 10:37pm
Hi,
I've have exactly the same problem.  Got our 2.0l Diesel Tekna in November.  Bought the car without being told that it is not suitable for Urban driving (unlike the advert currently on TV).  Thought we would being doing our bit for the environment as well.  We've had the Engine Malfunction light - which the dealer fixed by regenerating the filter.  This was done free of charge the first time, however were given a letter  advising this was not under warranty - and would have to pay for it the future.
Unfortunately light DPF warning light has come on again.  took the car out for some 40 miles @ 70 MPH - and it still will not automatically regenerate - so I complained to dealer who advised getting on to Nissan Customer Services. 

Still waiting the outcome of that.  Nissan have asked for our driving patterns, speed, miles per week etc.

Bottom line is that according to the manual, the DPF should automatically regenerate if I take it out an run the car at 50mph + for a few miles - and mine doesn't do that.
My engine malfunction light has come on again - so I am waiting for Nissan's response.

So annoyed - because if I new the Diesel was going to be like this - I would have bought the Petrol version - which was around £1500 cheaper - but I thought I was doing my bit for the environment.

Will let you know the outcome from Nissan

G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2008 at 9:16am
Originally posted by BCOGHILL BCOGHILL wrote:

So annoyed - because if I new the Diesel was going to be like this - I would have bought the Petrol version - which was around £1500 cheaper - but I thought I was doing my bit for the environment.

I rest my case your honour Confused.  I was put off the diesel a year ago purely on cost and waiting another 3 months until it was available - was definitely NOT aware of all these problems.  Feefee suggested contacting BBC Watchdog and if there are enough of you and you all write at the same time, I agree. 
garyolly View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote garyolly Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2008 at 10:06am
Should've gone for the 1.5..........Wink
Gary
My baby “Wendy Jane”, 1.5 dci, Intense Blue,Side protectors, Born 01/09/07
alybee View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote alybee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2008 at 12:53pm
As is mentioned in other threads, is it not the Revs [RPM] that are key to regeneration process to keep the exhaust temp up. ? I'd imagine 70mph in 6th gear is quite low on revs, not that I'd now as I've still not got my QQ yet. What does the manual/dealer say about the time/speed and gear ?

QQ 1.5D / Acenta / Cafe Latte + Door Protectors [fitted masel]
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote UrbanNomad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2008 at 3:45pm
Have you considered getting in touch with the legal team at Whatcar.com, they have good experience in dealing with any motoring disputes.
The e-mail address is,

wchelpdesk@haymarket.com

Hope it gets resolved soon, good luck.

Thumbs%20Up
Guests View Drop Down
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Apr 2008 at 5:20pm
Per Garyollys post above - have heard that this DPF directive is an EU one and 1.5 dci will have this technology fitted sooner rather than later although not at the moment.....

If it is - I will be buying a petrol as my 3rd QQ - hopefully not any time soon as I hope this one lasts longer than my last

Mackem View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mackem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2008 at 6:09pm
I don’t have a problem with DPF at the moment.

But I do have problem with
Malfunction Indicator light staying on.

Can someone help please

BCOGHILL View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BCOGHILL Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2008 at 6:53pm
Have had some response from Nissan Technical re the problem I'm having with the DPF.  Having asked for further data provide from the dealership, they are to load some new software, and do a manual regeneration end of next week (I hope).  If that doesn't do the trick, then the next step would be to change some sensors on the car.
I presume the DPF will come on if I do too much urban driving, however, hopefully I wont have to drIve from Aberdeen to Glasgow and back again to get the light to go off again!!
Again, will let you guys know the outcome.
PeterChris View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PeterChris Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2008 at 8:50pm
we have also been in touch with nissan who have promised to pay for any  cost of regeneration but so long as we are  clearing the dpf light ourselves they will not have to pay this ,how did you get them to load new soft ect . on your car.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 18>
  Share Topic