UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Interior.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Driver side window closure

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cantfindausername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Driver side window closure
    Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 4:01pm
I could have sworn that my drivers front window used to auto close. The switch has the same 2 position for up as it does for down.

I popped to Nissan yesterday and they said they didn't come with that due to various sensors and regulations of having it etc, so I just wanted to check if that was the case, or if mine is busted?

Thanks
Ant
1.6dCi +2 Tekna IS 4WD | Styling Plate | Rear Wing | 360 Cameras | Mud Flaps | Stubby Aerial | Alyans XT2 Side Steps | Westfalia Towbar | LED Interior | Dual Boot Light | DRLs | Full Closure
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 4:47pm
You have to train the electronics.
Move the window fully down and immediately move the window to the up-position. Hold the switch in the up-position for at least five seconds...
The window will keep closing automatically...
Qashqai Acenta, 2,0 dCi, 110 kW, DPF, Euro5, black Z11G
Lee'71 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee'71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 5:08pm
This only works as a temporary measure on my QQ. My 2010 QQ driver's window used to go up and down one shot but no longer goes up without me keeping the button up. Holding the button up and keeping it up for three seconds then holding it down all the way and holding for another three seconds lasts until I switch the engine off then it's back to square one. I told my local dealer when it went in for a service earlier this year and they fixed it for a couple of weeks but then it was back to holding the button up again. I've practically given up on it now.

Edited by Lee'71 - 22 Apr 2015 at 5:09pm
2010 N-Tec 1.5dci Café Latte NOW SOLD!
Proud owner of 2014 1.2 DiG-T Acenta Premium, upgrades to follow!! Still lovin' it everyday!
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 6:10pm
OK... have had that problem with the previous Note... the complete switch set in the drive door was replaced on warranty - problem solved. As a 2010 Qashqai is out of warranty you'd have to cough up the money yourself or live with the problem...
Lee'71 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee'71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 6:13pm
Think I remember someone telling me this will not cure the problem.

2010 N-Tec 1.5dci Café Latte NOW SOLD!
Proud owner of 2014 1.2 DiG-T Acenta Premium, upgrades to follow!! Still lovin' it everyday!
cantfindausername View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cantfindausername Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 6:34pm
Well it worked for the way home from work. Trained door switches. Never heard of that before. Will check it next time I'm out to see if it's a well behaved door or not.
1.6dCi +2 Tekna IS 4WD | Styling Plate | Rear Wing | 360 Cameras | Mud Flaps | Stubby Aerial | Alyans XT2 Side Steps | Westfalia Towbar | LED Interior | Dual Boot Light | DRLs | Full Closure
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2015 at 6:41pm
Originally posted by cantfindausername cantfindausername wrote:

.... door switches. Never heard of that before. ....

It ought to be around page 2-39 of the instruction manual... "Re-initializing the system" in the section "Electric window lift" (Have only access to a German manual, so I'm not sure whether the page # is correct for the English manual...)

BTW, I'd really like to get a copy of the manuals...
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic