UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Driver's seat

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kimlewes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Driver's seat
    Posted: 29áDecá2018 at 4:15pm
I collected my first Qashqai about a month ago. The driver's seat is most uncomfortable and causing me hip and back pain. The seat should not be worn with only 11K miles on the clock but varying the seat positioning and the addition of a cushion for lumber support, only relieves the problem for a short time.  I am 6' 2" tall and weigh around 16 stones.  The seat is the most uncomfortable I have experienced in a lifetime of driving many different makes of vehicle.  Any suggestions, apart from change the car, a 17 plate 1.5 diesel.
Thanks in anticipation.
gloucester View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gloucester Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áDecá2018 at 7:10pm
I found the seat fine.

I will admit though to selling a BMW 525iSE Touring after 18 months partly owing to a really uncomfortable seat, so can sympathise....
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 - sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 ~ 2018 Yamaha MT-07 on order
GelJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GelJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áDecá2018 at 9:53pm
I recall when the J11 model launched, one of the tit bits of info Nissan issued was that design was made in conjunction with NASA.
Have you tried modifying the various seat settings to try & find one that better suits you?
J11 1.5dci QQ Tenka :decent horns, bonnet struts/ chrome bling added.
jaysongb View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jaysongb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áDecá2018 at 12:01pm
just shows how different people have different experiences
The reason I bought the QQ was it was the only really comfortable seat I could find...tall also 6'.3" with back problems though weight a bit less than you.
Wouldn't know what to suggest but it must be so disappointing
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áDecá2018 at 3:00pm
kimiewes

Welcome.

Which spec have you got?

Regardless - NASA helped to design all J11 seats and the Qashqai has historically been a favourite of Motability drivers and those with back and knee problems.

I personally switched to Qashqai in 2007 after Saab convertibles were doing my knees in. The raised and comfy seats were an instant relief, so no issues for me. Some of the best seats I have had (and I've had a few...!!).

Look at the adjustment, including lumbar and do so with your dealer if it helps.
QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic