Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Faults and Fixes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Drivers Window Wont go Up in One go (Fix)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Drivers Window Wont go Up in One go (Fix)
    Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 7:36pm
I felt I had to post this as Myself and 2 QQClub Colleagues have had the Same problem with their new QQs and thought was a Fault and I am sure, if its happened to us that there may be a few more..
Fault
The Drivers window wouldnt go all the way up and shut in one go when the Switch was pulled all the way up (Second Click) The window would go down all the way in one go (second Click Down) but not up. I had my Car for about 4 Days and this was annoying me as have Key Fob entry to work so im always putting my window up and Down. I looked in the Manual where it confirmed it wasnt correct and posted on here where Mo the wise old Moderator, informed us of the solution (which I would of noticed in the Manual if I'd read on !!)
This is apparantly caused by a Battery or Fuse Dissconection that wasnt picked up on the PreDelivery inspection.
To Fix
Get in Car, switch on ignition, Press window (second Click) Down. Now Second click up, Keep your finger pullin up for 5 Seconds after the Window has fully raised..And Hey presto, its reset...

Thanks to MoHawk for educating us NewBies      and an additional thanks from QQK and Vern (I,ll speak on there behalf Wink)

Edited by Affman - 19 Mar 2011 at 7:38pm
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
Veritas-18 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
TUKC President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veritas-18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 7:44pm
Thumbs Up
QQ+2 Pearl Black 1.5dci Tekna Stone/L.mudflaps,wind deflectors,chrome mirrors, chrome rear finisher,entry guards,rear entry guard chrome rear grip cover, SAC,TUKC President,car due 1/12/10 now 1/3/11
noki49 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noki49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 9:39pm
Cheers for that Aff.
Mine was the same, and I assumed that was how it was meant to be as other cars I have had have only had the auto feature on the way down.
Now reset as per your instructions. Much better with auto up and down.Big smile
1.6 Tekna in magnetic red ordered 19th Sept. ETA 7th Feb. Revised ETA 21st Feb. Arrived at Dealers 10th Feb. Collected 1st March 2011.
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 11:22pm

I wa amazed when QQK said his was the same, then Vern paid me a visit within 24hrs, and his was to....I suspect Most new QQ drivers just assume thats how its supposed to be...Thumbs Up...Thanks again Mohawk, thats why this Club is soooo good....

Edited by Affman - 19 Mar 2011 at 11:23pm
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 11:22pm
yeah thanks to mo for this info.

and noki, i put up with it for 3 months thinking it was just how it worked mate
my last car had auto up and down, although the QQ baffled me as why it had two stage click up but didnt work lol..
noki49 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noki49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by CraigQQ CraigQQ wrote:

and noki, i put up with it for 3 months thinking it was just how it worked mate

I think I would have gone on indeffinately without this thread, although I have a vague recollection of reading about the two stage click on the switch before. I just  assumed that it was considered dangerous to have the auto up feature incase someone gets trapped.
I have accidentally closed a window on my face before and it was quite painfull.Ouch

Edited by noki49 - 02 Jun 2011 at 7:27pm
1.6 Tekna in magnetic red ordered 19th Sept. ETA 7th Feb. Revised ETA 21st Feb. Arrived at Dealers 10th Feb. Collected 1st March 2011.
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2011 at 11:52pm
LOL you accidentally closed the window a your face.....LOL

I mean..err, why...LOL...how...LOL

Sorry Noki, that's the funniset thing I have read for a while....LOL
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 12:23am
noki, sorry for your pain but PMSL!!!!!

tonights best post!!
noki49 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noki49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 8:21am
Originally posted by hamish hamish wrote:

LOL you accidentally closed the window a your face.....LOL

I mean..err, why...LOL...how...LOL

I think the key word here is "accidentally"

I'm not quite sure what happened as it all happened so quickly (usually the case in accidents from my experience)
I'm not sure now if I just caught the window up button by accident or if I meant to wind it down, but it coincided with the exact moment I stuck my head out to look at something. The window drove my lip up into my teeth and was quite painfull. What hurt more was my pride, as the incident was witnessed by others.EmbarrassedEmbarrassed
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 11:09am
Sorry Noki but......LOLLOL
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 11:14am
Noki's misfortune has reminded me of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5yy_N7VTs6c

Just too funny...
Veritas-18 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
TUKC President

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Veritas-18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 11:18am
LOL LOL LOL Morning all..
QQ+2 Pearl Black 1.5dci Tekna Stone/L.mudflaps,wind deflectors,chrome mirrors, chrome rear finisher,entry guards,rear entry guard chrome rear grip cover, SAC,TUKC President,car due 1/12/10 now 1/3/11
hamish View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
IMAM MUSTAFA GRAF

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hamish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 11:24am
Nothing like a good belly laugh to wake you up. Morning...
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 12:06pm
noki!!!

dont they have a safety thing now... if they touch something they auto go down.. incase a kid does whats now called "pulling a noki49"
noki49 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noki49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 1:44pm
I will test it later, but not with my face this time.LOL
malice8585 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote malice8585 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 2:02pm
Thanks affman another problem solved.

Suspect what ever caused it also stopped my doors auto locking when driving away.
QQ+2 white visia (ordered start of sept expected end of nov) Order Canceled
QQ+2 white acenta Ordered 17th November expected 25th Jan
Collected 2PM on 29/01/11
theicetee View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote theicetee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 6:06pm
Thanks for the fix - all sorted, thought it must have been a fault at first !
2011 QQ+2, Ntec, 1.5d, Silver
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 7:10pm
Dont think its anything to worry about, but suspect Many QQs have this problem but people dont bother about it...If you read the manual about Window operation it says in there about this and says its happens when the battery is disconnected or fuse, which i suppose it must be at some time during end of construction or shiping out to the dealers...I was reading the Manual again today and there is a similar fix for the Sun Blind (probably caused by the same thing?)  ...Thumbs Up

Edited by Affman - 20 Mar 2011 at 7:29pm
CraigQQ View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

ooooh shiny..

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote CraigQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2011 at 11:07pm
my blind works on auto open close so its okay.. theres a fuse removed for delivery aff, im guessing this is what causes this and most dealers don't know.
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 6:17pm
This fault came on again with mine, but this time there was a hint. I pulled the button up and the window went all the way up then when it hit the top it came down a couple of inches. I thought that was weird so tried the window down and up again and the fault had come on again. Z ...I then reset it as I was going along ( all way down then up and held for 5 secs) and all ok again. Strange......
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 8:01pm
ITs you chrome pack.  Its building up a static charge as you drive along. Once the potential has built up to anything from 460mV to 2.36V it can discharge causing a localised distruption quite similar to a small EMP burst.

Edited by Cowpers - 02 Jun 2011 at 8:02pm
1.5Dci Tekna, Pearl Black, 60 Plate
1.6Dci Tekna with Stop/Start Pearl Black 63 plate
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 8:06pm
Wow!! Emp bursts.... Saw them in the Matrix! So I could drive through London and completely disable the countries financial systems... .....COOL

God knows the power in CFs then!!??

Edited by Affman - 02 Jun 2011 at 8:07pm
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 8:10pm
That explains it then AffBig smile
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 8:16pm
Originally posted by Affman Affman wrote:

Wow!! Emp bursts.... Saw them in the Matrix! So I could drive through London and completely disable the countries financial systems... .....COOL

Well not really as its only a localised burst..estimated radius 12,000 nm.
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 8:24pm
Oh rightLOL Just as well it's not more thenWink. I havn't noticed anything in the jump to light speedCool 
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
patch View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote patch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 8:32pm
Originally posted by Cowpers Cowpers wrote:

Well not really as its only a localised burst..estimated radius 12,000 nm.
did u just drive past my house affy noticed a marked reduction in mi wallet ..glad it wasn,t billy the fish ;;lolxOuch
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 8:35pm
It's his chrome pack, the relatively high cost/g of chrome causes instant depreciation of any wallet within an affectation zone radius 12 miles.
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 8:37pm
Bugger the EMP bursts! I want MOs jumpin to light speed! Got any spare Dilithium crystals Mo??...
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 8:39pm

It's his chrome pack, the relatively high cost/g of chrome causes instant depreciation of any wallet within an affectation zone radius 12 miles.

Shan't bother drivin past your house then Cowps!!! Ian did say you didn't get a round in all weekend...
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 8:41pm
Rather difficult to get but i am trying to source some AffErmm. I have a limited supplyLOL
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 8:48pm

Shan't bother drivin past your house then Cowps!!! Ian did say you didn't get a round in all weekend...

Jesus your crap at this...

If I'm too tight to get a round in that implies I hold onto my money rather than spend it....therfore I'd be an excellent choice for wallet depreciation...!!??
C'mon laymo...
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 9:02pm
I was told you only ever have a fiver in it! And that's just in case you ever lose your key fob and have to bribe the security guard to let you into work....
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2011 at 9:04pm
I very rarely have even a fiver in it....all plastic these days..
elyl View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elyl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Sep 2014 at 11:04pm
Sorry to bump an old thread, but I'm having the same problem with the window going down automatically, but not up.
I tried the fix, but it doesn't work.
I've tried it repeatedly, and sometimes the window does strange things, like after putting the window up and holding for 5 seconds, it then won't go down again unless I turn ignition off/on.
I tried for about 10 minutes today, different combinations to get it to work, but no luck.

Can anyone tell me where the fuse is for the windows?  I pulled the fuse panel off, but nothing specifically labelled for the windows.  Figure that's worth a try.
2009 1.5dci n-tec, black, connect, panoramic roof, automirrors
elyl View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote elyl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2014 at 11:15pm
Bump again - still can't get the auto-up working.
2009 1.5dci n-tec, black, connect, panoramic roof, automirrors
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic