UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Knowledge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Dual Zone Climate control

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dual Zone Climate control
    Posted: 16áSepá2010 at 7:10pm
So how does this work?
Where are the 'zones'.  Is it front and back seats or side to side?
Does it work particularly well bearing in mind the sensor is on the drivers side?
Does anyone use dual climate control?
I like to drive cool 14-16C, my wife prefers warm 20-23C is it realistic to imaging half the car at 22C and the other half at 15C?
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áSepá2010 at 7:51pm
it's the temp that blows from the circular vents more than ambient temp and its side by side so the 2 vents on your wifes side will blow 20/23c at her and your 2 will blow 14/16c at you the ambient temp in the back will be somewhere in between

hope that made sense cowpers

Edited by craigfishin - 16áSepá2010 at 7:51pm
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áSepá2010 at 10:39pm
Pity it wasnt the other way round, you could just bung the missus on the roof Wink
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áSepá2010 at 11:01pm
Ericos..I'm deeply offended..lol

Thanks Craig..that'll be good news for her now she'll be able to stay in the front.....unless I don't let on how it works Evil Smile
GSX600FMAN View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSX600FMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áSepá2010 at 8:10am
A roof box would be safer as she won't have to actually hold on all the time and it is more streamlined. LOL
If you have the glass roof you can cut a hole in base of box so you can still see each other and a walkie talkie would be an option. LOL
Beware of wind chill at higher speeds. LOL

Please don't be offended. All in jest.
Ordered QQ+2 Tekna 1.5 black on 20/4/10 expected 10/7/10. Collected on 19/7/10
RedfordRover View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RedfordRover Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áSepá2010 at 12:10pm
If the roofbox method is used it can sometimes obscure what is other wise an excellent view. I have found that this method works better............ no idea about the temperature as I cannot hear her.
you will have the added cost of a towbar though LOL

Edited by RedfordRover - 17áSepá2010 at 12:11pm
Nissan Qashqai+2 n-tec 1.6 Petrol Magnetic Red + New QQ on order Tekna 1.2
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áSepá2010 at 12:56pm
I'm not keen on the trailer, often makes the cost of ferries more expensive.
The roof box is OK but I'm not sure any of you has thought this through as during the winter it would have to be me in the roof box!
Being serious for a moment, how often are you collectively referred to as a bunch of muppets? :-)
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áSepá2010 at 2:57pm
I think you may be the first to do so Cowpers Tongue

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áSepá2010 at 3:47pm

The first??? I've done no such thing...lol I just asked the question.  You trying to get me a bad name...?  It's the ashtray thing isn't it....I should never have dissed the ashtray Ouch

Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áSepá2010 at 4:17pm
now you have to buy 2 solar ashtrays to make up for it , or the ashtray gang may pay you a visit lol

2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
HarryN-TEC View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áSepá2010 at 6:47pm
Muppets.........have to research as Im sure they used some natty carriages in the show, sure we will find something for the missus Cowpers, good idea..........LOL
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áSepá2010 at 9:22pm
Well she actually likes the Juke...so I've told her when she goes back to back full-time she can have one....we compromised on 4 days a week work Approve
2Fat2Bald View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áOctá2010 at 8:34pm
In answer to the original post - my partner and I are similar. It does work (and work well) but I often get the impression that i'm sat in a cold room near a source of heat (if that makes any sense) and I find carefull aiming of the air vents helps with that. The system works better if the fans are set to a higher speed (you don't need to go mad, 50 percent is fine) and works best if the car is moving. It also helps if you turn off the button that sends air to the rear seats over the ceiling of the car.
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áOctá2010 at 8:44pm
Thanks 2 guy, I'll give this a try..then no doubt the kids will complain..lol
1.5Dci Tekna, Pearl Black, 60 Plate
1.6Dci Tekna with Stop/Start Pearl Black 63 plate
HarryN-TEC View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áOctá2010 at 9:28pm
Actually the duo control work very well, wife like it cool where I prefer it a bit hotter,  the duo control Im talking about.Wink
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áOctá2010 at 9:30pm
Steady Harry..think about your blood pressure Smile
1.5Dci Tekna, Pearl Black, 60 Plate
1.6Dci Tekna with Stop/Start Pearl Black 63 plate
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic