UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Faults and Fixes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Dual zone climate gone bad

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myk3y55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Dual zone climate gone bad
    Posted: 02áAprá2012 at 12:13pm
It seems that whatever the temp setting, the right hand zone gives out extremely cold air, no matter what!
Left hand zone works according to the temp setting and normally.

What could have caused this?
I must acknowledge that I was trying to remove cabin air filter, but didn't have any problems after...
2.0 dCi, Automatic, Tekna, NightShade, Starting with extras
myk3y55 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myk3y55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áAprá2012 at 9:47am

Like with the window problem... no one knows anything??

sadsod View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sadsod Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áAprá2012 at 11:00am
sorry not a problem I have experienced , hope someone can shed a bit of light on subject.
gadget View Drop Down
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áAprá2012 at 12:08pm
Mine just blows cold air constantly...
Garage advice was you need to drive it for an hour or so for it to get up to temperature.... not impressed.
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
myk3y55 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote myk3y55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áAprá2012 at 2:47pm

Went to dealer, it's from an actuator... Have to change it...

@gadget: this problem occurs when engine on normal, running temp... And it's only the right side...
gadget View Drop Down
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áAprá2012 at 3:37pm
I took their advice at the weekend and drove for an hour and a half with it on 23 - blew cold air all the way.
Car sat for 4 hours, got in it and within 5 minutes it was blowing warmer than on the journey down, but still colder than 23.

2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áAprá2012 at 4:21pm
Originally posted by myk3y55 myk3y55 wrote:

Went to dealer, it's from an actuator... Have to change it...

@gadget: this problem occurs when engine on normal, running temp... And it's only the right side...

oh , sorry but it seems that you are having a run of bad luck with your Qashqai just now

I hope you get it all sorted out quickly

Fee x

Edited by Fee - 10áAprá2012 at 4:54pm
2.0 Visia 2007, 1.5 Dci Acenta 2008' 1.6 Acenta 2009 and 1.5dci N-Tec 2011....bye bye Qashqai!! hiya Juke 1.5dci NTEC
myk3y55 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myk3y55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áAprá2012 at 4:51pm
Sorted!!! (genius me!)

For climate control: set to low then pull out actuator wait for it to regulate, then put it back again :)
For rear window: pull plug out, switched a pin in the right place, then connect it back :)

How much difference makes to actually know how everything works and do a little brainstorming!!
Now, i have a flawless QQ!! Horrraayyyyy!!!
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áAprá2012 at 4:53pm
Woohoo!!! The drinks are on you.. Well done, glad all is now well.

Fee. x
2.0 Visia 2007, 1.5 Dci Acenta 2008' 1.6 Acenta 2009 and 1.5dci N-Tec 2011....bye bye Qashqai!! hiya Juke 1.5dci NTEC
gadget View Drop Down
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áAprá2012 at 5:12pm
Well done "Genius" Big smile
Do you think this "Actuator" could be why mine is blowing cold???
If so, where is it, and what does it look like?
myk3y55 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myk3y55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áAprá2012 at 5:15pm
It's hard to say... Does the air con give cold air when engine is warm?
Have you set it to "HI" when engine temp is up?

gadget View Drop Down
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áAprá2012 at 12:23am
Its cold pretty much all the time except the odd occasion when we may experience luke warm.
Have tried different temperatures between 20 an HI.

As i said, an hour and a halfs drive with it set on 23 and it blows cool air.... daft!!
w1zzer View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w1zzer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áAprá2012 at 6:07am
5 mins driving and I'm all toasty with both my old 58 plate dci and this car a 61 plate dci 

Gadget. Is the thermastat working on yours. Is there air in the heater system?

Edited by w1zzer - 11áAprá2012 at 6:08am
Sep 2011 Qashqai 1.5dci n-Tec New Flame Red. AFMC
gadget View Drop Down
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áAprá2012 at 9:45am
Erm.... not sure where the thermostat is, or what it looks like.... and I think it is that that is causing the problem?!
How would I know if there was air in the heater system? It blows air through the vents if thats what you mean?
myk3y55 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myk3y55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áAprá2012 at 12:00pm
I experienced a better air temp quality after inserting a tube back in it's place in the dashboard near my right foot (mind that i have the steering wheel "on the wrong side" Smile ) it's a small grill like half an inch small that (what i think it is) an inside air temp sensor (since a wire sticks into it). pull the pannel out and see if the tube is properly inserted.

Another thing to try is look at the "actuator" which is basically a small motor that turns a wheel, to see if it goes all the way. You find the actuator in the cabin/pollen filter tutorial by Ian Clyde where, as you can see in the pdf, you have to remove it in order to remove filter. watch if it rotates all the way by setting the air con to hi-lo and carrefully observing the actuator. Bear in mind that this is the left side zone only (no matter left or right side steering wheel), but it should give you an idea of what is wrong. you will allso see 2 pipes going into a radiator which should be really hot after a hour of driving. if their not hot then it's the thermostat. That radiator basically gives the warm/hot air into the cabin.

I hope that i explained clearly Wink
gadget View Drop Down
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áAprá2012 at 12:32pm
Brilliant - thank you for that...
I'll try and get a look this afternoon as I'm off.
If not, I'll just throw it to the garage to check everything tomorrow for me whilst they service it - especially as they are supposed to change the Cabin Filter on the M2 Big smile
myk3y55 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myk3y55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áAprá2012 at 12:36pm

You are very welcome! Let me know what you find.Thumbs Up

P.S. :  Check those tubings first because if their not hot, it's pointless to check everything else. (if you cannot easily reach them, just pull the pannel off, it comes out quite easily.
gadget View Drop Down
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áAprá2012 at 7:06pm
My Rad pipes are cold.... which leads me to think that it is the thermostat which is what I have thought all along...
Think I may stop there as i have already tried to remove the glovebox to mark the cabin filter  in anticiaption of tomorrows service - but I can't get the glovebox out!! Ermm
myk3y55 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myk3y55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áAprá2012 at 7:12pm
Question is: did the engine temp go any higher? Or it stayed cool all the time?
gadget View Drop Down
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áAprá2012 at 11:26pm
Engine temperature Guage seems to b normal.... just over a third of the way up on the gauge.... if thats normal 
myk3y55 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myk3y55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12áAprá2012 at 9:22am
Yes... Engine is normal and that means probably it's a clog or something on the way to the cabin radiator... It shouldn't be the thermostat... If thermostat was bad, the engine temp would be down too.

The engine temp you are describing, those tubes should've been hot...
you should pop it into a dealership or garage and share the info with the mechanics.

Edited by myk3y55 - 12áAprá2012 at 9:33am
gadget View Drop Down
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áAprá2012 at 10:15am
I was probably holding the wrong pipes!!! Ermm

Anyway, after me attempting to remove the glovebox on Wednesday evening with no luck I must have disturbed something.
Got in the car yesterday morning to take it in the garage for its service and within 15 minutes of driving it was blowing hot air out???
Told the garage about what you had told me, and also told them it had decided to start working.

Picked it up last night and was told "a pipe had come loose behind the glovebox which has been cable tied back on and all working"

Seems to be the issue as we had heat last night and this morning.

Happy!!
And thanks for your input.

Edited by gadget - 13áAprá2012 at 10:15am
myk3y55 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote myk3y55 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áAprá2012 at 10:23am
I'm happy for you!

So it was that pipe there... Did it have a cable attached? A grill or something?
Thinking that sistems and things in general are in the same place no matter where the steering wheel is, that must've been the indoor temp sensor and the tube taking air into the sensor and since it was off... No accuratetemp measurement.

Again, happy that you got everything sorted!
Cheers!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic