UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Faults and Fixes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Easy way to check outstanding recalls etc

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Easy way to check outstanding recalls etc
    Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 10:24am
Mentioned this in the timing belt thread, but it probably deserves it's own thread as it would cover other recalls.

If you register at www.nissan.co.uk/YouPlus, and enter your chassis number, you get notified of any outstanding recalls/campaigns for your particular car.

Just did mine and got told about the Timing Belt recall.

Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 10:36am
made sticky Thumbs Up
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 11:17am
Hmmmm Ermm so mine is a 4-door station wagon with 104 bhp.

There was me thinking it was a 5-door hatchback with 140 bhp.

You live and learn I guess Confused.

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 11:25am
Ah it's not 104 bhp it's 104 something European.

So we have an American description and an EU power rating of a British designed and built car Confused.

Got it LOL.

Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by G5 BOY G5 BOY wrote:

Ah it's not 104 bhp it's 104 something European.

So we have an American description and an EU power rating of a British designed and built car Confused.

Got it LOL.

r

With a mad French man driving it lol
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 3:15pm
Mois.....?

Mais non ma cher.

Although I can trace my ancestry back through the Plantagenet kings to William the Conkerman Tongue

Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 4:03pm
Originally posted by G5 BOY G5 BOY wrote:

Mois.....?

Mais non ma cher.

Although I can trace my ancestry back through the Plantagenet kings to William the Conkerman Tongue

Roflmfao
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
Cashkai View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cashkai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Apr 2013 at 4:21pm
In addition to this there's a You+ mobile app too that lets you:

- Find a dealer near you and contact them directly
- Save the place where you are parked
- Digitize your documents so you always have them in your pocket
- manage the care of your vehicle and be alerted to main service dates,
- contact the call centre and Nissan roadside assistance at any time
- consult key information on the care and functions of your Nissan (warning signs, using Nissan Connect navigation system, eco drive...),
- and additional services with each update…

On your iPhone:

Visit the iTunes App Store and search for the “You+Nissan” app.
Go to iTunes app store

On your Android device:

Visit the Google Play App store and search for the “You+Nissan” app.
Go to Google Play store
350z -> X-Trail -> 2010 1.5 DCi ntec - Cayman Blue - LED Bulbs - Auto Wing Mirror Closure
gadget View Drop Down
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2013 at 12:28pm
Originally posted by chrisw99 chrisw99 wrote:

Mentioned this in the timing belt thread, but it probably deserves it's own thread as it would cover other recalls.

If you register at www.nissan.co.uk/YouPlus, and enter your chassis number, you get notified of any outstanding recalls/campaigns for your particular car.

Just did mine and got told about the Timing Belt recall.

Just registered on this... where do you go to find out about the recalls etc....

Just installed the App too - thanks for the link Cashqai

Edited by gadget - 10 Apr 2013 at 12:30pm
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
goldiefish View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldiefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2013 at 2:17pm
No such perk for non UK residents unfortunately.
PaddyH View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 2:34pm
Had the QQ for a whole 6 days now and noticed chrisw99's post. Looks like a handy website so off I went and registered.
As soon as I logged in, up comes a pop up screen telling me I have "issues" ... not the first people to tell me that I suppose!!!
Here's the list of "issues" from Nissan and what they say...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Nissan has identified the following potential issue(s) that may affect your Nissan Qashqai.

FUEL FILTER CONNECTIONS [PG2B5]
THERMOPLUNGER HARNESS [PG2B6]
RADIATOR LOWER HOSE [PG1B9]
INTERCOOLER HOSE CLAMP [PG2B4]
THERMOSTAT [PN1B3]
SPILL TUBE [PN1B4]

Please get in touch with your nearest dealer immediately so any necessary repairs can be conducted by our professional technicians, free of charge.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Jings, crivens and help ma boab... only 6 days a Nissan owner and I've got a list of "issues".
The dealers had a phone call and it goes in at the end of the week.
Ah'm no Censored happy!!!!!!

Motor No.1 - 2011 QQ 1.6 dCi Tekna (Shiny Black) ... Motor No.2 - 2005 Honda Blackbird (Also Shiny Black)
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 5:23pm
Jeez, you would have thought they would have checked prior to sending car out... What a piece of nonsense....

Good luck
Fee x
2.0 Visia 2007, 1.5 Dci Acenta 2008' 1.6 Acenta 2009 and 1.5dci N-Tec 2011....bye bye Qashqai!! hiya Juke 1.5dci NTEC
PaddyH View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 5:51pm
Exactly what I said to them Fee.
The wifey on the service desk sounded disbelieving when i said there were 6 items / recalls / campaigns / issues... call them what you like... outstanding on the car so she asked me to wait till she checked her Nissan system and...... "Oh aye, yer richt enough" she says !
Oh they were very apologetic and "we'll get that in and have that sorted for you" but I haven't had the car a week and it's back in the garage for a dodgy passengers door panel (coming away from the door) and six "issues"

I can't say Nissan ownership has been overly pleasing so far.
Motor No.1 - 2011 QQ 1.6 dCi Tekna (Shiny Black) ... Motor No.2 - 2005 Honda Blackbird (Also Shiny Black)
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 6:37pm
I would be asking them for a wee 'gesture of good will' for that foul up... its the least they can do. I would actually advise Nissan Customer Service of this. They monitor dealer performance...

Orrabest
Fee x

Edited by Fee - 24 Sep 2013 at 6:37pm
2.0 Visia 2007, 1.5 Dci Acenta 2008' 1.6 Acenta 2009 and 1.5dci N-Tec 2011....bye bye Qashqai!! hiya Juke 1.5dci NTEC
lackhand View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lackhand Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2013 at 8:04pm
Thanks for the heads up on this i registered my 08 plate on the nissan website which i bought a month ago and found this.

Nissan has identified the following potential issue(s) that may affect your Nissan Qashqai.

FUEL SENDER CONNECTOR [P1267]
CVT BELT [P2533]

Please get in touch with your nearest dealer immediately so any necessary repairs can be conducted by our professional technicians, free of charge.

Iwas surprised they hadn't been fixed before but i guess the previous owner never found this forum so thanks again

2008 2.0 Acenta CVT
jbb View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 11:54am
Also checked for mine (N-Tec 1.5 DCI on 11 plate) and had this.

AIR INLET HOSE [PG3BB]

Called at 11 today, and it's booked in for 3 this afternoon. Was expecting a few day wait but pleasantly surprised.

Edited by jbb - 25 Sep 2013 at 11:55am
2011 1.5dci N-Tec, Magnetic Red, Mud flaps, Internal white LED's and Club sticker.
chrisw99 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chrisw99 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2013 at 12:10pm
Originally posted by jbb jbb wrote:

Also checked for mine (N-Tec 1.5 DCI on 11 plate) and had this.

AIR INLET HOSE [PG3BB]

Called at 11 today, and it's booked in for 3 this afternoon. Was expecting a few day wait but pleasantly surprised.

Why do recalls like this only affect particular models, e.g. not the 09 versions - did they start using inferior hoses on the later models?
the stig View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Some Say, Others Don't!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the stig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 9:46pm
just had mine in for its first MOT and it sailed through no problem upon arrival to the desk he told me mine had a recall  AIR INLET HOSE the minute i left the garage the car seems a lot quieter so dont know if it was this hose or not but deffo quieter.i also told the garage that my steering creaked and as done for over a year ive got to take it back and leave it with them for a few days they think it could be somthing to do with the suspension strut tops.so it goes back on thurs 3/10/13 thats another 100 mile round trip to do but i will be getting another QQ for a courtesy car.Thumbs Up
60 reg QQ 1.5 n-tec ""as of 18.11.13i'm now an ex qashqai owner but i will still keep popping in from time to time to see if i can be of help""
jbb View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jbb Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2013 at 11:49pm
Had my hose changed yesterday, only there for 20 mins. Mine doesn't sound any quieter but seems more responsive. Also had a chat with the salesman as I'm due to change the car at the beginning of April next year, and he said I would defiantly get the new QQ.
2011 1.5dci N-Tec, Magnetic Red, Mud flaps, Internal white LED's and Club sticker.
marzeater View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marzeater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2013 at 12:54pm

Thumbs Up Mines booked in next Wednesday for the hose and a bearings recall that I've not heard of before.

I hope I don't have to wait too long although they said there was free tea, coffee and wifi.
2011 Magnetic Red 2.0 dci ntec
balithbe View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote balithbe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Oct 2013 at 5:47pm
What's the bearing recall about?
Collabro
57 reg Qashqai 1.5dci Visia Faded Denim
61 reg Qashqai 1.5dci Ntec Magnetic Red
15 reg Qashqai 1.5dci Tekna Storm White
18 reg Qashqai 1.5dci Tekna+ Vivid Blue
marzeater View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marzeater Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2013 at 2:52pm
recall P3230 2.0l diesel engine bearings
2011 Magnetic Red 2.0 dci ntec
the stig View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Some Say, Others Don't!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the stig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2013 at 8:52pm
i dont believe it ive just been on you+nissan and got this

< id=code_0 value=PG3BB = name=code_0>
  • AIR INLET HOSE [PG3BB]
  • < id=code_1 value=PN3B1 = name=code_1>
  • TIMING BELT [PN3B1]

i know they have done the air inlet hose but as for the timing belt if they think i'm going to do another 100 mile round trip when they have just had the car in they can think again

60 reg QQ 1.5 n-tec ""as of 18.11.13i'm now an ex qashqai owner but i will still keep popping in from time to time to see if i can be of help""
mandiskem View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Juggler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mandiskem Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2013 at 2:41pm
i just had a letter today about the air inlet hose recall seems its only 11 plates as the letter states i rang nissan to sort it  booked in for nov 6th  
proud owner of a nissan qashqai acenta premium 1.5dci ink blue
YorkshireMan View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote YorkshireMan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2013 at 8:09pm
Hi Stig,
If I were you, I'd do the 100 mile round trip & get the timing belt recall sorted out.
Wish I'd known about this before this 'issue' wrecked my engine.
Its not worth the risk mate Wink
Cheers, 
YorkshireMan Big smile

Edited by YorkshireMan - 15 Oct 2013 at 8:10pm
Its no good pointing at it on the shelf sir. If the computer says we haven't got it, then we haven't got it.
the stig View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Some Say, Others Don't!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote the stig Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2013 at 8:28pm

I cant believe it the garage must have known about the timing belt when they did the steering creaking and a week before this they did the air inlet hose surley it would have flagged up on their computer.

it wont be my problem in another 4 weeks thats when i pick the new car upSmile
PaddyH View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaddyH Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 1:23pm
Ok... After my initial grumps I have to admit my local garage have been very good.
My door panel was fixed very quickly... in and out again in just enough time to drink a free, rather good cup of coffee.
My recalls / issues / whatever they were... were taken care of last week when I got back from my hols. They gave me a courtesy car, a 1.6 petrol Joke... ah mean Juke.
Now I know why Freddy Flintstone had a hole in the floor of his car... to stick yer feet through and run to get a bit of extra oomph!!! the power in that thing was fCensoredn woefull!!! I am so glad I got the 1.6 diesel.

Everything was taken care of no problem and in the 7 weeks I've had the car and over 3000 miles later, I must say I'm really pleased with it. Comfy, quiet, Nippy and economical. Every week the car settles down to 55 / 56mpg on a 53 mile each way commute... Luvly Jubbly Smile
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 4:01pm
'Name and Praise' your dealer? Thumbs Up
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
JayQ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JayQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 5:28pm
I've just put in my old QQ in for a newer 11plate n-tec 1.5dci, can somebody tell me how I contact Nissan (or who I should contact) regarding possible recalls on the car as I am not the original owner?
I did ask the dealer but they where pretty clueless and try to ask why I would want to know this anyway (durrrhh!!)
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2013 at 5:55pm
Paddy. I have a Juke and agree, its hopeless... , I should say, the 1.6 petrol is..

1.5 dci is a nice wee motor

Edited by Fee - 01 Nov 2013 at 5:56pm
BlackDog View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote BlackDog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2013 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Doug999 Doug999 wrote:

'Name and Praise' your dealer? Thumbs Up

Wylam garage at Hexham. Did my recall today. And a winter service and all over check and fitted my new four headlight bulbs. Charged me under £30.
1 59 Visia 1.5dci Flame Red
2. 11 Acenta 1.5 dci Black
3. 14 Acenta 1.5 dci Black
Alfiedog View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alfiedog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2013 at 6:52pm
Can anyone point me in the right direction for the chassis check on this nissan website. I dont see any link at all?
Alcfire View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Alcfire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2014 at 9:50pm
Originally posted by Alfiedog Alfiedog wrote:

Can anyone point me in the right direction for the chassis check on this nissan website. I dont see any link at all?

Just had a look myself and can't find anywhere to register or input the chassis number.
Can anyone shed any knight please
2015 Tekna 1.5 DCI
PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
@qashqaiclub @frankiehipwell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jan 2014 at 12:09am
Recalls, are different to advisory works.

Recalls are not issued by the manufacturer but from vosa http://www.dft.gov.uk/vosa/apps/recalls/

Qashqai Premier Edition 0001/2007 - 370z Roadster - Bianchi C2C Full Carbon - Reebok Air otherwise
Akobalm View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Akobalm Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Mar 2015 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by Alcfire Alcfire wrote:

Originally posted by Alfiedog Alfiedog wrote:

Just had a look myself and can't find anywhere to register or input the chassis number.
Can anyone shed any knight please

My Qashqai is booked in for it's first service this coming Monday with 1200 miles on the clock which includes a return trip to Wolverhampton last week to pick up a new West Highland Terrier puppy.
Received a phone call from the local Nissan dealer to ask if I would require a courtesy vehicle which I declined saying that I would spend time walking around until the car was ready for the return journey home.
The girl then informed me that I would not get the vehicle back until the following day as there was five recalls to deal with, and one of many software updates would take 6 hours to download / upload or whatever and would be left plugged into their system overnight in order to complete that task.
I enquired as to whether my sat nav would be working after the said updates had been installed and she told me the last update for that model was issued in 2011!!!!!
I entered the location of our yard on bringing the vehicle home just over a year ago, if I travel half a mile from our house and ask it to guide me back, it would take me on a journey of 73 miles.
I purchased a top of the range TomTom for my works vehicle a couple of years ago and it guided me perfectly when travelling to Wolverhampton last week, it guided me straight to where I wanted to be, whereas the Nissan sat nav was going to take me to somewhere in Stafford.
As an example, if I enter Aberdeen into the TomTom from home it gives me a correct mileage of around 210 miles, the Nissan model shows 133 miles.
However, the main reason for writing today was to say that I followed the link for the You + Nissan site with regards to learning about recalls where I found out that I had registered there a year ago when I had my X-Trail, logged in and deleted the last vehicle and added the Qashqai using the Vin number and all appeared to be well.
On trying to log on an hour later, I was informed that I was not using the correct details, I requested a password reminder and I was immediately emailed the same details I had tried to use.
I have now given up.
I still love the Qashqai, despite not using it very much, this is the first year for many years that I have not purchased a new car.
My Ford Ranger works vehicle has now been handed back to the hire company (job completed) with mega miles on the clock, I may just retire now and get some miles on my own vehicles.

Regards,

John
QQ Premier (#775/2007) as of 1st of March 2014, 2013 Ford Ranger for construction site work.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic