Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > QASHQAI+2
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

ECM software update

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pearsongs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: ECM software update
    Posted: 01áAugá2018 at 12:32pm
Hi,
Recently bought a 2013 2.5 dci tekna diesel which developed a mysterious lack of oomph!
An EM light came on and its computer said it needed a glow plug, replaced it, no difference.
Then we got a recall notice regarding an ECM update to do with the air intake system.
Had it done yesterday and it drove back like a tortoise, stuttering, no power, like no turbo.
Just wondered if there was any advice out there as we are taking it back today.
Cheers
khani View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote khani Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08áAugá2018 at 12:54pm
Hi i have had a similar problem but didn't get a recall note.  I have a 2013 Qashqai+2 NTEC Diesel.
cableman View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cableman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áAugá2018 at 4:51pm
This might be of help:

There was a Service Campaign issued by Nissan in Aug 2016, that affects the J10 1.5 DCI diesel version (only).

Apparently, if the ECM software detects an issue of incorrect air flow (via the Air Flow Meter), then the engine will not go into "limp home mode" and hence (I assume) the engine won't operate.

The new software allows the engine to at least allow you to drive home (or to a garage) and hence allow a repair to be effected without leaving you stranded.

However, I have read in some places that the revised ECU software isn't perfect, so if your car is OK, then the software update could be disregarded.... 

The Service Campaign Reference is P6313 which was issued in sumer 2016 and it is a "FREE" update via a UK Nissan dealership.

More details here:  

https://extranet.nissan.ie/Projects/Aftersales/Aftersales%20Technical%20Bulletins/All%20Bulletins%20by%20Model/J10/Recall%20and%20Campaign%20Bulletins/PCB%20J10%20-%20P6313%20-%20K9K%20ECU%20Reprogram.pdf
cableman View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cableman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áAugá2018 at 4:59pm
I also did a bit of digging on the net and found this - on a French language QQ website:

(Google did the translation !!)

"Some news on this reminder P6313 ... 

So I returned to the concession and I spoke with the workshop leader. First, positive point, he did not play the sketch by sending me with "it's normal, no problem". We spent 1 hour together and he explained to me that the P6313 reprog is a major modification of the engine management and particle filter in particular. 
The clicks and misfires occur when the new prog is applied while the particulate filter needs to be regenerated following urban journeys. This is due to the fact that the filter will now work at lower temperatures and more often. 
The walkthrough? Make a good trip of 30 km at least to 140 meters (3,000 very small). I tested and it works!
The engine no longer slams, he regains his power and finished the misfires, he purrs wisely as before  http://qashqai-passion.info/s/smilies/icon_biggrin.gif - : D 

Better, I found a drop of conso net, of the order of 1/100! Before, on my usual route the indicator oscillated between 5.9 and 6.3 depending on the hazards, air conditioning, etc ... 
There, I filled up yesterday, and after 150 km it shows 4.7 !!!! To check in real calculation and over time, but I never went under 5 liters ...

I THINK that under cover of a reminder related to a security bp, Nissan applies a brand new engine management on the first 1.5 dCi Euro 5 to reduce the release of Nox and other cow. Remember that Renault Nissan even if they do not have software fakers are one of the worst students in terms of pollutant emissions in real conditions ... it seems credible"

[/end]

So, once the ECM software has been updated, it might take a while for the "regeneration" to happen.

However, the same French QQ forum shows various reports that this ECM update also tries to fix the NOx issue reported in the press before, (where NOx levels are too high (like VW ??)).

In the meantime, the engine is "stuttery"... :-(
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic