UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Faults and Fixes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club
Thanks to our sponsor for their support

Electric Windows fault

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littleborough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Electric Windows fault
    Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 1:53pm
I got my 60 reg N TEC a few weeks ago.  The back window was down and wouldn't go up again. I tried to control it from the drivers side but the buttons were not working. The drivers and back were not working at all, only the passenger side, so i am assuming it is something to do with the safety button.
The RAC had to disable the back window just to get it up and watertight. He took the door frames off peeling the plastic away to get at the controls.

He was unable to fix it so i took it to my local dealer when it opened. They were unable to find out the problem so it is booked in for next monday.

Two questions, has anyone else had this problem? And the plastic the RAC guy peeled off, well he claimed it would "gel itself back again", what did he mean?
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
CTR Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 2:05pm
welcome littleborough

not sure about the qq but normally once you have removed the plastic it needs re sticking
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade, Detailer (CTR Detailing), AFMC, ACWC,SAC , Now a 2013 1.5dci Tekna in arctic white with stone leather interior :)
littleborough View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littleborough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 2:45pm
Hi Craig, thanks.

I asked the "fix it" guy at Nissan and he looked at me as though i was stupid. He said the door frame shouldn't need resealing as it just pushes on, i tried to explain the RAC guy had actually peeled the edging off but he didn't understand.

I am reluctant to leave it with them, but the garage i bought it from are too far away.
I am also gutted that this shiny new car i have saved up for, you know that pride you get with a new car?
Well i feel a little bit cheated now seeing it all messed around with and faults.  Especially when i can't even open my window, it's embarrasing when i have to take a ticket out in a car park and actually have to get out of the car to do it!
HarryN-TEC View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2010 at 7:25pm
Hi & welcome littleborough,
Maybe need to go to dealer you got QQ from to get fixed properly.
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littleborough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 1:34am
Hi Harry, it's too far to take and collect unfortunately. Otherwise i would.
If anyone can recommend a good service centre in gtr manchester i would appreciate it!!
GSX600FMAN View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GSX600FMAN Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2010 at 8:04am
Maybe check to see that there is an individual fuse. I know some items have thermal resetting fuses. That is if you use something too much (like a child playing with the device) it stops working but after some time will reset. Items that can have this type of fuse are remote locks and windows (not necessarily on the Qashqai). For example if you lock and unlock your car several times you may find that it stops working. 
Also when you first go to use it (assuming the child lock is 'off') Bang, slam and knock the door to possible free it. (worked for me in the past on older cars).

When you say, '.. He took the door frames off peeling the plastic away to get at the controls..' what you are talking about is what are called door 'cards', it's the internal door panel that covers the mechanism for the locks and windows.

If you bought the car new, take it to any Nissan garage under warranty. Take a letter, with your registration and model, explaining the problem (keep a copy).

Edited by GSX600FMAN - 08 Oct 2010 at 8:09am
Ordered QQ+2 Tekna 1.5 black on 20/4/10 expected 10/7/10. Collected on 19/7/10
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littleborough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 12:29am
Thankyou for that GSXMan! That was very helpful!
Nissan EUR rang me today and they are going to ring my local dealer. He explained about the plastic and said he will ask them to put one back on, although it wont be "as smooth" as when it came.
I will update if it gets fixed, i have a courtesy car so hope it's not a micra or something.
If they can't fix it i will send on your message GSX cheers!
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 12:38am
Hope you get things sorted out, let us know how you get on.
Admin Group
Admin Group
CTR Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 12:40am
good luck littleborough ,hope they do a good job
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade, Detailer (CTR Detailing), AFMC, ACWC,SAC , Now a 2013 1.5dci Tekna in arctic white with stone leather interior :)
2Fat2Bald View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 7:44pm

It's a design flaw - all the Qashqais suffer from it to a greater or lesser extent. Mine has it from new, for example. You can give the car to a dealership and they can lubricate the seals and it will be better - for a while. Unfortunatley it never really goes away - it just gets better or worse and improves for a while after lubrication. Sometimes it affects the front windows as well, but not as seriously perhaps because they're used more frequently.

To be brutally honest, though, it's the kind of design SNAFU that really shouldn't happen these days and wouldn't be tolerated by most manufacturers.
Admin Group
Admin Group
CTR Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 7:51pm
must say mine has been perfect ,all windows go up and down at the same pace ,cant find fault at all , i heard a few problems with the old model but this is the first facelift ive heard having a window problem so its definately not all qashqais  
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 9:42pm
As with Craig, not a problem at all on mine, I also thought it was mk1 problem.
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. If I agreed with you we’d both be wrong.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 11:27pm
My 2007 Acenta back windows used to be slow moving when operated.
Cowpers View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
THE DARK LORD

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cowpers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 11:32pm
So were they normal speed when you didn't operate them?
1.5Dci Tekna, Pearl Black, 60 Plate
1.6Dci Tekna with Stop/Start Pearl Black 63 plate
Admin Group
Admin Group
CTR Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2010 at 11:53pm
lol

seriously ,i heard this was a big problem with the prefacelift model , was the motor not powerful enough or were they sticking??? someone said the solution was to lubricate the runners to help the window slide up
Scanner View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Scanner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Oct 2010 at 3:44pm
Hi littleborough,
      "And the plastic the RAC guy peeled off, well he claimed it would "gel itself back again", what did he mean?"
The rear doors have a plastic sheet separating the wet side of the door from the dry side.  This sticks to the door with some kind of putty like jell - just like my old Cortina.  It stays sticky and sticks to everything (I'll never take mine off again).

Any news on your problem.  Was it fixed ?
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littleborough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 12:29pm
Well, i got the car back (i did get a micra courtesy car- luckily it said it was a courtesy car on the side) - and the windows are all working as normal, so i am presuming all is ok.
 However i have to take it back Friday as they had to order a spare spart, not sure what that's all about but i get the micra again so who am i to complain.
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote littleborough Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 12:36pm
I just rang them and it was the "terminal inter connector" or something had fallen out.  The computer.
I have to take it back for the seal they ordered in, this must be what Nissan EUR said they would mention to them.
I am incredibly grateful to you all on here, and Nissan for fixing it and taking an interest.  I just wish it hadn't happened in the first place!!
Admin Group
Admin Group
CTR Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 1:19pm
good news
Nightshade View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nightshade Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 2:22pm
Nice outcome, cheers for the update. These little nuggets of info are so valuable to others who might be going through the same sort of thing.

Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2010 at 6:02pm
Good to see Nissan responding to a query and acting on it.  Clap
ian_clyde View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ian_clyde Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 3:24pm
the inner liner you all talk about is the waterproofing membrane....it need to be stuck on properly or the water will eventually run down the window, inside of the door...and onto your floor...had this problem with my old bmw e46 after replacing a window regulator...

the sticky stuff can normally be heated using a hairdrier so it goes 'sticky' again..then seals no problem..
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote HarryN-TEC Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2010 at 6:09pm
Nice tip Ian   Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic