UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Electrical gremlins

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Premier
Premier
THE REAL BLING KING!!!!!!!!

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MICK74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Electrical gremlins
    Posted: 07†Jan†2018 at 9:56am
2014 Qq tekna.... random electrical gremlins that are bugging me...

Random front sensor switches on as does the camera when nothing is there....

And my biggest bug bear is the blind spot lights inside the car keep coming on when nothing is there...so much so Iíve turned it off...

Had this yesterday ..tyres low.... even though it was showing 31 out of 33 when cold ....

Anyone else having these types of issues?

Love the car but itís no where near as good as my mk1 accenta that I had... feel nissan has slipped the mark with the mk2 prob due to popularity
Proud to be back in a Qashqai
J11 blade silver tekna with some added bling
Hound View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hound Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07†Jan†2018 at 12:34pm
The sensors/camera can do that when the sensors are not clean - they may look it, but a thin "traffic film" can fool them. There's the option to change their sensitivity in the system settings. The blind spot indicators are known to be temperamental, especially in the rain, in the rain, but that's a complaint levelled against the system on several other manufacturers' vehicles, too. The tyre pressure thing is unusual, but one explanation occurs to me; you have a 2014 model and on QQ that age, random electrical weirdness could be attributed to a failing Fiamm battery - it's a known problem, and the RAC are clued up about the QQ/Fiamm issue. Worth getting it checked out, seeing as it's winter.
MICK74 View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MICK74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07†Jan†2018 at 2:40pm
I seem to recall reading issues with the battery...did nissan actually except responsibility for the failing battery?

My cars only done 31500k ... might see if they will change it...
Udo2009 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Udo2009 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07†Jan†2018 at 3:08pm
If it's a FIAMM battery and it's "acting up" Nissan will change it ...
Qashqai Acenta, 2,0 dCi, 110 kW, DPF, Euro5, black Z11G
MICK74 View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MICK74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07†Jan†2018 at 4:19pm
Even if itís out of warranty? Being a known issue
grahamfromoldham View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grahamfromoldham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10†Jan†2018 at 4:40pm
Had my battery changed today at Nissan Crewe after not only was my battery going flat after 3 days but Gremlins were occurring. Auto dim on the main beam was intermittent on dark country lanes, camera not always coming on when putting car into reverse and occasionally forward collision and parking sensors would not work. 
Hoping this has been fixed after the new battery was fitted and the dealership assures me this is the cause.
MICK74 View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MICK74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10†Jan†2018 at 5:11pm
Was yours in warranty?
grahamfromoldham View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote grahamfromoldham Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10†Jan†2018 at 5:54pm
Hi Mick, yes it s 2016 QQ, approx 18 months old
MICK74 View Drop Down
Premier
Premier

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MICK74 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10†Jan†2018 at 6:43pm
See mines out of warranty now
But as a known issue Nissan c/s may change it if I kick up enough stink
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic