UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > J10 Equipment, Extras, Add Ons and Aftersales
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - electronic handbrake - people use auto-off mostly?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

electronic handbrake - people use auto-off mostly?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote negativepitch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áJulá2014 at 4:05pm
just noticed this thread when doing a search on google,
we were in traffic today on a slight hill over a railway bridge, stuck the handbrake on, went to pull off up the hill and it just wouldnt release, not matter what I did it wouldnt.
when I put the handbrake on, as usual you can feel it take the pressure off the brake pedal, which it did, but the car rolled backwards just an inch or two and the brakes groaned.

I had to stick my foot right down to get it to release, and when it did we rolled backwards and I had to brake fast to stop me from rolling into the car behind, then the only way I could start off was to again stick my foot right down and then did a wheel spin, we have the petrol version. 
I have also found of late that when pulling of onto/across a round about, there is more lag than normal before the turbo cuts in, I have not made it across sometimes in time.
2014 Premium 1.2 DIG-T Gun Metallic
Not Parked on my Drive Again
keefnet View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote keefnet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áJulá2014 at 5:27pm
My experience when starting on a hill is that you put foot on brake, manually disengage the handbrake, that should pop the hill start assist green light in console up, then you can pull away or reverse.
My driveway has a slope and if I want to reverse up it from a stop after I put the handbrake on, this is the only way I can get it to move without feathering the throttle or putting on forward first and pulling away downwards.
I suspect the car will detect you are on a slope, so you put foot on brake, disengage handbrake using the button, note the green light on dash showing it know hill start, that should give you confidence to then take foot off foot brake as the car will hold there for at least a moment if not indefinite, then you accelerate and it'll release you.
I hope that helps - been just over a month with mine and just figured that out this week -- of course, might say that in the manual somewhere?
Gun metal Tekna 1.5 DCi - crossover pack, plus chrome bling, bonnet protector,wind deflectors, twin-horn upgrade, AcesDVD auto-closing Mirror Kit, and retro fit mirror override :-)
dws7124 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dws7124 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22áOctá2014 at 8:24pm
Hi
Has anybody else had issues with the autohandbrake not disengaging in reverse. Stalled twice so far as it hasn't released. Both times on flat ground and from initial startup of the car.
Tekna 2014 Gun Metallic, Crossover and Style Packs
Gen13 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gen13 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áJuná2016 at 8:38pm
I always manage to stall my car on Hillstart!! :(

I have the very small hill which joins a roadabout its a pain.

You drive a metre and then the hillstart kicks in and does it a few times I do get really worried about stalling doesn't help when the start/stop kicks in.

My view is the release is to slow and I end up over revving.

I'm I the only one who doesn't like the hill start feature?

Or should I read the manual?

Gen13
QQ1 2013 360, 1.6 Petrol Start/Stop 2WD, Gun Metallic

QQ2 2016 1.2 DIG-T 115 Tekna 5dr
PR07HET View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
@qashqaiclub @frankiehipwell

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PR07HET Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áJuná2016 at 10:12am
When you do the hill start do you have the hill start logo on the dash?

Qashqai Premier Edition 0001/2007 - 370z Roadster - Bianchi C2C Full Carbon - Reebok Air otherwise
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic