Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > J10 Reviews 2006 - 2013
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

End of 4 years, love and hate

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: End of 4 years, love and hate
    Posted: 22áAprá2015 at 1:24pm
At the end of four years of QQ ownership I would say on balance I have really liked this car (2.0 DCi Ntec 4wd), however these are the niggles that stopped me getting another (I don't know if some of these have been improved for the new model):

Connect System/ Air con -
Why can't I choose a different station as I reverse out of the drive, or choose anything at all for that matter?
Sat Nav just looks awful, lots are similar for this age car but it just looks pants (works ok though)
All the buttons are just the cheapest nastiest things to use especially the aircon where some now stick down
No playlists
No DAB (not that I like DAB particularly)

Interior -
A lot of it's ok but a lot is tacky as hell, plastics are largely nasty for the cost of the car and the plastic thing in the roof that holds the alarm and mic is just horrible (mine falls out from time to time as well)

Electric Windows - My driver one needs resetting constantly, and none of the others are one touch. This is just really poor. They all move at differing speeds, and one of the back ones often stops half way (probably a switch issue) - got bored of asking the dealer to fix (it's always been this way)

General Build Quality-
The doors just feel and sound rubbish when closed, like they're made out of tin foil (this doesn't actually bother me too much, just damages the overall impression of the car)

Gear Box - Mines a manual and the gear box is notchy and is steadily getting worse, often can't put it in gear from a standing start and have to engage the clutch before trying again. (dealer could never fix - probably impossible to fix though)

Road noise - It's pretty noisy in the cabin, another sure sign of some poor build quality, I do tend to just turn the radio up though.

THE GOOD BITS in no particular order -

4WD System - this is the best in class as far as I can tell and works really very well, one of my problems with getting another qq was I'd probably lose this (Tax), didn't really want one without.

Engine and Towing - While not a race car it certainly has some power, when towing it easily pulls up hills without any complaint.

Controls - I find the Cruise settings and the overall layout of the controls to be simple and are like second nature to me now, all works very well.

Comfort - Very comfy car, if it were a little more luxurious I think I'd like it even more, but it swallows miles and I get out without any pain even on long journeys.

All in though will be sad to see it go, hope it gets a good home.

N-Tec 2.0Dci 4x4 in Nightshade.
John C S View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John C S Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áJuná2015 at 5:05pm
I concur and agree with you on most of this. Mines reverse gear that often needs the clutch letting out and starting again.

Can't speak for the 4wd.😊
John C S

Nissan Qashqai+2 2009 (Pre-facelift) 1.6 n-tec in Pearl Black
vic21 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vic21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áJuná2015 at 6:23pm
Same here regarding gear box being notchy and reverse gear awkward to get at times. Not the best gear box I've used.
2007 1.6i Acenta, Met Orange
bryan3 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bryan3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02áJuná2015 at 6:49pm
I am quite happy for the reverse camera to cut in when selecting reverse to be honest,it's what it there for.
Never had to reverse long enough to worry about no radio.

My gripe is the Un lit window switches other than the drivers one.infact a general lack of cabin ambient lighting.
old shape 2013 tekna 1.6dci
Newest car we have ever owned
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic