UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Engine Fan Keeps Starting and Stopping

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jdb2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engine Fan Keeps Starting and Stopping
    Posted: 20áJuná2016 at 9:01pm
Hi all, my first post so hopefully going to find out a lot more about my 2013 1.5D Tekna!

Couple of weeks ago my main dealer replaced the aircon condenser (originally diagnosed as just low on gas) as it had a leak.  That 'sort of' improved the cooling but not that much.

Since then, we've noticed as soon as you start up with the A/C button selected on the engine fan comes on for a few seconds then goes off.  Then about 30 seconds later does the same and keeps doing it.  With the A/C button 'off' (not lit up) the engine fan remains off.

Taken it back to dealer and they say this is 'normal' as its designed to blow cool air over the condenser and hence improve A/C performance.  I never noticed it before and can't imagine 5 seconds of fan every now and again is going to make any difference.  Could anyone advise whether this happens on your QQ please or am I being bulls**ted?

thanks in advance
J
Whytie1 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whytie1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20áJuná2016 at 9:31pm
Don't notice that happening on mines,
Jdb2000 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jdb2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áJuná2016 at 10:51pm
Thanks. Anyone else able to check this out for me on their QQ please?
Spanner View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Spanner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22áJuná2016 at 9:48am
Is this happening when its on maximum cold and does the Compressor clutch stop working at the same time? Lots of A/C videos on YouTube

Jdb2000 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jdb2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23áJuná2016 at 12:36am
Does it whether theres a demand on the aircon or not eg cold ambient cold engine and climate set to 18 deg.
Bizarre and I just don't trust the garage!
Jdb2000 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jdb2000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áJuná2016 at 9:15pm
Hi. This is ridiculous. Took to local . non nissan garage for motnand asked them to have a sniff around
Something was unplugged after they replaced the condenser but thr nissan garage who did the work couldn't find it.all sweet now.
Complaining to nissan UK.
Thanks for your help guys
rgreenhalgh01 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rgreenhalgh01 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áJuná2017 at 7:53pm
Hi,

i am having the same problem..... don't suppose you know what was unplugged??

thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic