UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Diesel Heads > 2.0 diesel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Engine goes into limp home

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engine goes into limp home
    Posted: 13áOctá2012 at 2:24pm
Hi guys just a heads up,

My 2.0dci started going into limp home (no power won't rev over 3000) every so often, no lights on and no faults logged. It usually did it around town, until it started doing it on the motorway (not so good).

The dealership couldn't find anything wrong until it did it on the motorway and therefore more serious.

Anyway, turned out the boost pipe had split causing it to lose power, bit odd that the ECU would go into limp home without logging why. Driven it now for a month and hasn't re-occurred so guess it's fixed.

The mechanic who fixed it pointed out that the boost pipe that split was a version A and the one he replaced it with was a version C and seemed much thicker. Guess that this has been a problem before.
N-Tec 2.0Dci 4x4 in Nightshade.
Shonadoll View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shonadoll Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áOctá2012 at 2:03pm
Thanks for the heads up. Glad you got sorted, scary indeed.
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14áOctá2012 at 2:10pm
Was this issue not a recall???? Or am I Havering?

Fee x
2.0 Visia 2007, 1.5 Dci Acenta 2008' 1.6 Acenta 2009 and 1.5dci N-Tec 2011....bye bye Qashqai!! hiya Juke 1.5dci NTEC
Craigy View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áOctá2012 at 6:21pm
Don't know if this was a recall, it certainly works a whole lot better now though!
Fee View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Mary Whitehouse

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áOctá2012 at 6:33pm
RESULT,!!!!
2.0 Visia 2007, 1.5 Dci Acenta 2008' 1.6 Acenta 2009 and 1.5dci N-Tec 2011....bye bye Qashqai!! hiya Juke 1.5dci NTEC
rustyfrog View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustyfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áNová2012 at 8:38pm
Hi All,

My QQ has developed, what seems like, the same fault.

Went into limp home mode. Same thing ie would only rev to 3000rpm. No warning lights shown.
Stopped it and peeked under bonnet. Dont know what I was expected to find. LOL
Anyway re started the QQ and all was fine.
This has happened about 3 times now.

However, today it happened again, and I also  note the yellow engine management light has shown itself.
So its a call to my local dealer tomorrow.
Will let you know the outcome.

I started out with nothing and I've still got most of it left!

2011 QQ + 2, Ntec, 2L dci 4wd, Blade Silver, + Chrome pack
vuli View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vuli Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áNová2012 at 7:47am
I think the same happen to us. In the First month the car was bought on a drive it made sound flp, or like something like the tyre blow off(but less noise). Engine without the power, so we stoped and checked under the hood and we found out the hose witch is connected to the turbo went off. So we fixit in two minutes and than it was ok.
QashQai 2.0dCi Acenta,4wd,manual,07

rustyfrog View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustyfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áNová2012 at 12:34pm
Well the QQ is booked in for Thursday (the earliest day!)

They are loaning me a car.
I wonder just what that will be?
That should be interesting.

rustyfrog View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustyfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08áNová2012 at 6:40pm
My QQ has been in to the dealer today.
Couldn't find anything wrong.
Again!

Edited by rustyfrog - 08áNová2012 at 6:41pm

Craigy View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áNová2012 at 11:02am
Hi Rusty, this really sounds very similar, did you ask them to check the boost pipe?
It's really frustrating when the mechanics can't find anything wrong when you know it's not right! I'm still amazed that an engine can go into limp home (so the firmware clearly knows somethings gone wrong) and yet nothing gets logged. Bizzare.
Sometimes you just have to press home to the dealership how important it is for them to actually fix the problem, a car that keeps shutting down without telling you whats wrong isn't really fit for purpose.
rustyfrog View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustyfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áNová2012 at 11:15am
Thanks for that Craigy.

Just been to Somerset and back over the weekend, 571 miles, 46 mpg, about 75ish all the way, and it didnt miss a beat!

If it was a split boost pipe, would it run as sweet?

rustyfrog View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustyfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áJaná2013 at 7:07pm
I shouln't have posted those last comments.

Since November the QQ has gone into limp home mode around a dozen times and been into 3 different garages a total of 5 times.
Each time it has been plugged into their computer but shows no fault code.

Well on Thursday 24th Jan I will no longer own it!
Part exed for a Honda CRV.

So its Bye Bye QQ and probably the best forum on the internet.

Good Luck Guys! (and Fee!)
Cry

Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áJaná2013 at 7:13pm
i do feel sorry for the new owner , there in for a shock 

pop in any time buddy , good luck with the crv , let us know what you think Thumbs Up
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
rustyfrog View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rustyfrog Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21áJaná2013 at 7:34pm
It is being sold via a Honda main dealer and it does have over a year of warranty left.
So if the new owner is more patient than me then they could end up with a good motor.

I just couldnt allow it to keep letting me down.

Nissan after care is not as good as it should be!

Craigy View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25áJaná2013 at 8:03pm
Hi again Rusty, hope your new car is more reliable. Have to say it really sounds similar, I had many miles of normal driving then problems, then normal again.
I drove to Leeds and it was fine, drove back at the end of the week and it was knackered!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic