Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Faults and Fixes
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Engine Light keeps coming on? CAR PROBLEMS AGAIN!!
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Engine Light keeps coming on? CAR PROBLEMS AGAIN!!

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timincognito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engine Light keeps coming on? CAR PROBLEMS AGAIN!!
    Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 6:38pm
Hey Guys, 

I posted on this forum about a month ago regarding bits being wrong with our new Qashqai. Those problems were all fixed eventually by the garage and so we went off on our Xmas holiday to Sydney, with all stress gone. 

However, since we've got back home again about a week ago, we have had even more problems with our car! About 2 days after we got back, my mum was driving it and suddenly the orange engine light on the dashboard came on and we found out that that means you shouldnt drive it and should take it to the garage to get it fixed. However, we wouldnt do that, because my mum wouldnt be able to go work without a car (my dads car is with him at the other end of the country - where he works). And so we had to get the RAC to come in and fix it - which they did.

However, yesterday, the engine orange light came on again and we are so frustrated because we need to get the Nissan garage to come and pick it up to fix it (i dont think we can get the RAC to come again so soon) and that will probably take week. This means we are going to not be able to use our new car for yet another week and if it wasnt for my dad leaving his car at home this week, my mum wouldnt be able to go to work! :/ 

Has anyone else had this problem before/ what have you done to sort this out? 

I appreciate last time i posted, the things i was going on about were quite minor things and it was just seemed quite big because it happened all at the same time, but this time we have had the same problem twice in the same week and its beginning to become annoying driving it - we keep wondering whats the next thing thats gonna break in the car :L 

Obviously im not going to jump straight to the most extreme situation straight away, but once we let them fix it and give it back to us and we run it for another 2 weeks....if the problem comes back again, or any other problems occur....Are we in a good situation to ask for our money back? Or have you got any other ideas what we could do?

Don't get me wrong, I LOVE the Qashqai. 

The sleek unique looks, the sturdy feel, the solid drive....THE INCREDIBLE SUNROOF...Almost all of it I love. This is the first car that I have given my parents the encouragement to buy - our previous cars include the Ford Mondeo and Nissan Micra. It really is the best car we have ever bought (in my opinion). And it also has the best Car Owners Forum ;)

But its becoming too much of a burden for us. We can't plan any long jouneys or trips using the car because we dont know if it will last the journeys. We cant make appointments that involve using the Qashqai because we just dont know whether it will be around or in the garage. 

We can't rely on it to be there for us when we need it. And that's where our problem lies :/

mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 7:23pm
Hello Tim.
Did the RAC say what was wrong with it when they said they had fixed it?
I don't see any reason why you can't call them out again.
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 7:48pm
If its the Engine Management light don't you plug something in and it comes up with a code that tells you what the problem is ?....I had the same thing with my Zafira and after they reset it , it.came on again 200yds down the road cos the problem was still there, and they had just diagnosed it......
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 11:32pm
is it diesel
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
Timincognito View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timincognito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 11:47pm
Yeah it is - 2.0 Diesel :/ And I think my parents just want to take it to the garage to try and get the problem sorted out for good, but the problem just keeps coming back :/
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 11:48pm
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
Timincognito View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Timincognito Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 11:55pm
That's what we thought - it was the DPF.....but we looked in the manual, and the light is the Engine Maintenance Light...
AcesDvds View Drop Down
Approved
Approved

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AcesDvds Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 11:56pm
RAC is unlimited call outs,AA is 3/5 a year i think,Yes Aff Plug in snap on diagnostics and gives you default codes,just had this on my Honda,needed fuel filter change had water in it,and the engine light came on and it gave a code for fault
ericos View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
Night Crawler

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ericos Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 11:58pm
I thought that came on  also for DPF?  -   Dont have a dpf myself so cant really comment tbh
2nd QQ ..June 2013 Black +2 360.. After moustaches in Movember, all those beards in Decembeard, I'm not looking forward to Fanuary
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jan 2012 at 11:59pm
yeh but if it goes unburned the dpf will fail and bring up the engine management light , i just wondered if they hadnt dont a proper job last time ??? , could be something simple though 

keep us informed mate
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 9:52am
Think the QQ should go back to the dealerErmm. They need to solve the problem once and for allAngry. If you need to get the RAC to put it on a truck and take it to the dealer then do so. You can't keep having problems like this Tim.
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 10:13am
Didn't Bryanna (here on behalf of Nissan Customer Services) get involved last time?

Maybe she should use a bigger stick this time - not good enough.

QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
tommy View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tommy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jan 2012 at 10:16am
Hi, I have a 1.6 petrol, the engine management light came on aprox 10 times, the Nissan dealership put the light off 5 times and the AA 5 times, but each time I asked for the fault code, and this way I managed to build up a picture of what the problem was, the code was 039 which is the rear oxygen sensor, it was replaced 3 times, and last time the catalitic convertor was replaced, all under warranty. I worked for the AA for 24 years, if the fault turns oit to be the same problem the motoring organisation will return to the member, but if it continues the will ask for the vehicle to be taken to the main dealer to be checked out. Each time check the fault code if it is the same it will have to be investigated to get to what the actual problem is, so do not worry about insisting that you want the vehicle rectified. tommy
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic