UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > Nissan Qashqai J10 Engine Range > 1.5 L K9K I4 (diesel)
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Engine management light

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote nickmayes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engine management light
    Posted: 10áJaná2019 at 11:52am
Hi all 

This is my first post here so bear with me. Bought a used 60 reg 1.5 diesel QQ from a small dealer about a year ago. In general it runs well. Initially I had some warnings about glow plugs but got the dealer to replace these and seems fine since then (although I still need to leave it a few seconds when startings to warm the diesel when cold (ie sub 3C)).

It has always had a sort of juddering at around 80mph. This is quite speed specific, seems to start at maybe 78mph and gone by 82 mph. It's not necessarily noticeable all the time, but I can feel it through the wheel. Not sure if this is relevant.

However I have recently had occasional momentary lapses of transmission. This has happened maybe 3 times ever. Happened this morning on the way into work, so I'll try and describe it. 

I was driving along the motorway quite happily at about 60mph in 5th and was about to slip up into 6th. Touched the clutch briefly (like a few mm) and felt a loss of transmission that lasted maybe a second or so. Engine management light came on red, and the ABS 'not on' lights came on. Engine seemed to continue fine with no obvious problems. Engine maintenance light went off again after a few seconds. ABS lights stayed on until next engine restart. Car performed normally after this.

After looking around on the internet I saw a video (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KytnDMQwlew) that suggested it might be a fractured turbo pipe connector. I've looked at my engine and on initial inspection mine looks ok.

I've got a friend who has an engine code reader but haven't done it yet. Any suggestions on any possible causes, or avenues for diagnosis?

Thanks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic