UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Diesel Heads > 2.0 diesel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Engine Recall

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engine Recall
    Posted: 09áNová2013 at 2:19pm
Hi All,

Anyone else get a recall notice for engine bearings? Arrived in the post earlier this week. Not had a chance to phone up and book it in yet, it seems to suggest that a Firmware upgrade on the cpu is required which seems a bit odd.

It also says that one of the turbo hoses may need replacement as it may split with loss of engine power. Think that mine already did, the deatils are here:

http://forum.qashqaiclub.co.uk/engine-goes-into-limp-home_topic10270.html

Mines a 2011 2.0dci
N-Tec 2.0Dci 4x4 in Nightshade.
Downtime View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Downtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áNová2013 at 3:50pm
Originally posted by Craigy Craigy wrote:

Hi All,

Anyone else get a recall notice for engine bearings? Arrived in the post earlier this week. Not had a chance to phone up and book it in yet, it seems to suggest that a Firmware upgrade on the cpu is required which seems a bit odd.

It also says that one of the turbo hoses may need replacement as it may split with loss of engine power. Think that mine already did, the deatils are here:

http://forum.qashqaiclub.co.uk/engine-goes-into-limp-home_topic10270.html

Mines a 2011 2.0dci

I had the notice from you+Nissan service and mine was done last week. It's an ecu software update. It reduces the power on higher revs to prevent a possible future problem with engine bearings. It seems that if the car is constantly trashed hard on high revs, it might eat up the bearings and cause an engine breakdown.

What i've noticed with the new software is that the rev limiter comes earlier. Somehow it's a bit more responsive though. Also thr engine is quieter on higher revs.

Edited by Downtime - 09áNová2013 at 3:50pm
PaulJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09áNová2013 at 6:21pm
My letter came a couple of days ago from Nissan UK. Haven't arranged an appointment with the dealer yet but will do next week. My letter is regarding the engine bearings which is sorted with an update to the software on the Engine Control Module. No mention of the turbo hoses.
2010 Qashqai+2, 2.0dci 4WD Auto, Tekna, Pearl Black
costelloa View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote costelloa Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áNová2013 at 9:54am
Took the daughters Qashqai to have the hoses replaced on Friday less then half hour to have the job done no problems
PaulJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áNová2013 at 10:42am
Do you think I should mention turbo hoses to dealer even though no mention of this in my letter?
Craigy View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áNová2013 at 4:32pm
I'd mention it, mine certainly split causing a lot of annoyance, wouldn't be so bad if they know its a problem though.
Not overly impressed that the solution to bearings being worn is to reduce the top end engine power, it's that bit that makes this engine fun!
Begardat6 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Begardat6 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10áNová2013 at 5:11pm
I had my second year service done on my 2.0l diesel Qashqai 3 weeks ago(I live in France) and when I went to collect it they asked me to return it 3 days later for replacement of a Turbo pipe. I did this and it was a 30 minute job. They didn't say it was a recall, but now appears it must have been. It was done for free.
Begardat6

2.0 DCi ALL MODE CONNECT EDITION NOIR METALIQUE
Downtime View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Downtime Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áNová2013 at 5:41am
Originally posted by Craigy Craigy wrote:

Not overly impressed that the solution to bearings being worn is to reduce the top end engine power, it's that bit that makes this engine fun!

Don't worry. Feels like they've compensated it with longer torque curve. Because the car definitely feels punchier now with the new software. And the torque lasts longer when really pushing it to higher revs.
I've only noticed the limiter coming in sooner when accelerating on 4th and 5th gear. 2nd and 3rd are pretty much the same.
Craigy View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áNová2013 at 9:38pm
Cheers Downtime, guess I should really book it in!
PaulJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PaulJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11áNová2013 at 10:15pm
Mines booked in for Friday this week. Asked about the turbo hose when I was in dealers today but my particular car does not need it replaced. They also checked for any other outstanding recalls and nothing more needed apart from ECM upgrade on Friday. Will keep you posted.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic