UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Diesel Heads > 1.6dCi
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Fault code P1485

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QashRich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fault code P1485
    Posted: 28áFebá2015 at 7:06pm
Hi, I've got an intermittent fault on my 1.6 dci.
The fault mentions something in the EGR circuit is stuck or stiff so I thought I'd take out my EGR valve to make sure its not caked in soot. It was a bit so I cleaned it up and refitted it, its certainly not stiff to operate.
Looking into it, the 1.6 dci is quite a complicated engine with high and low pressure EGR systems. This valve works on the high side like normal EGR, the low pressure system isánot necessary andájust something else to go wrong in my opinion.
Here's a pic of the valve before I cleaned it.

And if you're interested in how the valve works here's what's inside. The small silver cog is the motor which turns the big black one which works on a helical drive to open the valve and let exhaust gas through into the inlet manifold.

Anyway, the point of this post was to see if anyone has had or knows what could cause P1485 to keep appearing randomly. It only ever happens on a crank and can be cold or hot.

Sorry for the long post but thought it might be interesting.

Thanks.

Edited by QashRich - 28áFebá2015 at 9:52pm
2015 Qashqai 1.6 dig-t Tekna in gun metallic
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áFebá2015 at 8:14pm
Can't help I'm afraid - petrolhead.

But if you're in Denham Bucks, my first house was in Higher Denham, up near the golf course - nice
QQ5 (YES 5...!!) 2017 Vivid Blue DIG-T 115 X-Tronic Tekna+
MikeR View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áFebá2015 at 8:21pm
Well I've looked & looked & I can't find that code anywhere.
I agree that that engine is a bit to 'over designed' some parts unnecessary. Good luck.
Where exactly does that code flash up. I'm a bit new to Nissan.
QashRich View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QashRich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áFebá2015 at 9:54pm
Sorry, doing too many things at the same time! Code is P1485.
It doesnt flash up, I've got a diagnostic tool I plug in.
duncho View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duncho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áFebá2015 at 10:12pm
Interesting! Thanks for sharing the photos! P1485 DTC indicates LOW PRESSURE EGR VOLUME CONTROL VALVE. I can't upload the file for you as MODs has not enabled file sharing option on the forum. Sends me your email if you want it.
MikeR View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MikeR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áFebá2015 at 10:12pm
Explains it. Thanks.
QashRich View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QashRich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áFebá2015 at 10:29pm
Oh no! The low pressure side is more complicated and hard to get to. I'll send you a PM with my email. Much appreciated, thanks.
duncho View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duncho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áFebá2015 at 10:32pm
I uploaded the file on the other forum, here is the link: uploads/7472/P1485_LOW_PRESSURE_EGR_VOLUME_CONTROL_VALVE__R9M.pdf

Edited by duncho - 16áMayá2018 at 4:03pm
Subscribe! S/S & DRL modules HERE!
QashRich View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QashRich Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áFebá2015 at 11:42pm
Great, thanks a lot!
duncho View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duncho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áFebá2015 at 11:46pm
You're welcome ;)
IsaksenDK View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote IsaksenDK Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áAprá2018 at 3:49am
Hi!
duncho, I am not able to download the file, can you please help me with a valid link?
duncho View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duncho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áAprá2018 at 6:54am
Originally posted by IsaksenDK IsaksenDK wrote:

Hi!
duncho, I am not able to download the file, can you please help me with a valid link?

Hi
I have no idea what it was and where I found it. Sorry for that.
duncho View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duncho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30áAprá2018 at 10:47am
I found it, here you go:

uploads/7472/P1485_LOW_PRESSURE_EGR_VOLUME_CONTROL_VALVE__R9M.pdf

Edited by duncho - 16áMayá2018 at 4:00pm
Neil_Derby View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil_Derby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áMayá2018 at 3:32pm
The link won't download for me.

Do you have a photo of where in the engine bay the EGR is located, or even a guide on removing it.

My QQ+2 has the same issue 1.6
duncho View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote duncho Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16áMayá2018 at 3:59pm
Link updated, check again
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic