UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Your first question?
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Faulty Dash Speakers & Squeaking Door Panel

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kredz18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Faulty Dash Speakers & Squeaking Door Panel
    Posted: 17áMayá2018 at 10:20am
Hello! Purchased a used 14 plate Qashqai J11 several months back. I noticed there is a really irritating squeaking coming from within the panel on the drivers door. Nothing appears to trigger this, it's generally when the car is in motion.

My second issue us the speaker on the passenger side of the vehicle appears to cut out every now and again, is this likely to be a faulty connection or is this a common issue?

Third issue, a grinding rubbing noise when the steering wheel is fully locked, the sound is progressively getting louder. I've watched a few YouTube videos and people have sprayed wd40 on the steering column, I understand this often causes rust so wonder if there is an alternative solution to fix this?

Many thanks for all help, in advance
carlgoss View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote carlgoss Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áMayá2018 at 11:55am
The squeak I get from the drivers door is from the arm rest which is, I believe, notorious. Give it a wiggle and it might stop. Mine did and I now only have a problem when I put my arm on it (which is kind of the idea I guess!) On the steering issue more notoriety I'm afraid. The steering bushes are a known problem so I'd get them checked. Lubrication only seems to help temporarilly. I eventually had mine changed and the squeaks stopped.

Edited by carlgoss - 17áMayá2018 at 11:59am
Tekna DCI 110 1.5 Nightshade
Kredz18 View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kredz18 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17áMayá2018 at 5:53pm
Thanks very much for your help, will give both of those ideas a go and hope for the best!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic