UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Faults and Fixes
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Flashing indicators &xbrake lights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote QashqaiCardiff Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flashing indicators &xbrake lights
    Posted: 04áDecá2010 at 11:02am

Hi all,

I have noticed that a few Qashqai 2007 owners on here and other forums have had the problem of the indicators flashing fast on the left side and the brake light flashing at the back!

Some have mentioned about the cruise control turning off but I guess thats to do with the brake light coming on and canceling it out!!!!!

Anyway im poor and can not afford cruise so thats not my problem lol

Mine is when I indicate left (only this side) the flasher sometimes goes fast and when it dose the rear brake light flashes, now I know this must be a short somewhere but as lots of us members here have had this problem im hopeing that when they solved it they asked what the problem was or if the solved it themself then they could share the answer with us.

I do hope someone will have an answer to this but if I dont get any and a find the problem out I will certainly post the results.
Kano View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áDecá2010 at 1:35pm
I found the same problem on a Renault Megane Scenic a few weeks ago, it turns out the renault has two switches, one for the cruise control and one for the brake lights, thing is they are on opposite sides of the car, one above the pedals and the other above the pasengers feet. the one on the passenger side had rubbed through the insulation and was fooling the CanBus into all sorts of weird light combos at the back.
Check the wires on the switch and around it and check the earths in the boot, my boot earth was loose when i fitted the towbar but didin't cause any probs.
noki49 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote noki49 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áDecá2010 at 11:36pm
A bad earth connection to the lights is a common cause of this problem, as mentioned in the other thread. I don't have a QQ yet so can't give you a more detailed clue as to where to check but look for a wire from the lights going to a screw or bolt fixed to the metalwork on the left side of the boot. It could be loose or a bit of corrosion causing a bad connection. Also check the wires to the lights themselves. Often connection is by spade connector which can give a poor connection sometimes. The earth connection will be common to every bulb holder. 
1.6 Tekna in magnetic red ordered 19th Sept. ETA 7th Feb. Revised ETA 21st Feb. Arrived at Dealers 10th Feb. Collected 1st March 2011.
vidapura View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vidapura Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13áDecá2018 at 4:50pm
I\'m going to look at this problem myself tonight..
Anyone able to tell me if there is only one GND wire on the plug and if it is the usual black colour?
Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic