Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Club Community > My Qashqai
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

flashing reverse lights

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renault1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: flashing reverse lights
    Posted: 28áFebá2018 at 7:41pm
every morning when i go to work(05.30 and dark) i notice my reversing lights seem to flash after starting the car.
the car is in the garage with mirrors folded and due to space every buzzer and beeps are in action.
i always manually unfold mirrors to have a look and get my bearings to get out of the garage at this time i can see them flashing,then fold mirrors back to get out as that is how tight it is.
i am presuming this could be a fault.
anyone have a explanation.
strange one to me.
ps.have not checked in daylight (in garage)to see if this happens will have to wait for my son to come home at the weekend,have tried a brick wall in daylight and dark and it does not happen which makes me wonder about the sensors.
qqvisia,qq360,xtrailntec,now qq tekna,gun metallic,side steps,wind deflectors,mud flaps,nice car.
GelJ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GelJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áFebá2018 at 8:42pm
On my wife's Jag issue was with faulty reverse light switch that's located on top of gearbox; not sure where it is on QQ, but here's the part.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MICRA-NOTE-QASHQAI-TIIDA-X-TRAIL-REVERSE-LIGHT-SWITCH-32005-00QAE/330716185800?fits=Model%3AQashqai%2FQashqai+%2B2+I&hash=item4d003884c8:g:JRoAAOSwpDdVTKN8
renault1 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote renault1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28áFebá2018 at 9:41pm
Originally posted by GelJ GelJ wrote:

On my wife's Jag issue was with faulty reverse light switch that's located on top of gearbox; not sure where it is on QQ, but here's the part.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MICRA-NOTE-QASHQAI-TIIDA-X-TRAIL-REVERSE-LIGHT-SWITCH-32005-00QAE/330716185800?fits=Model%3AQashqai%2FQashqai+%2B2+I&hash=item4d003884c8:g:JRoAAOSwpDdVTKN8
--------------thanks for the info,still under warranty so not to concerned.just trying to find the reason behind it.
possible reason aswell could be i always leave in reverse gear overnight therefore happening in the morning.
just picked my wife up from work and on taking out of garage they were flashing (only for a few seconds)
on returning parked in garage and all perfect,therefore counting out the sensors.
my theory now would obviousley be the sensor or leaving in gear.
will try again tomorrow and not leave in gear overnight.
strangeConfused

qqvisia,qq360,xtrailntec,now qq tekna,gun metallic,side steps,wind deflectors,mud flaps,nice car.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic