Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > J10 Qashqai 2006 - 2013 > J10 Equipment, Extras, Add Ons and Aftersales
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Flip Key from E-Bay

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Flip Key from E-Bay
    Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 3:09pm
Hi,

Wonder if any of our West of Scotland members (Glasgow or surrounds) knows of anywhere where I can get a QQ key cut ? I received my E-Bay flip key this morning and took the blank into a local shop to have it cut. But the Nissan (original) key would not fit in the manual cutting jig - so he couldn't do it. Guess it will be the same elsewhere - he said something about it needed to be 'laser cut'.

So my question is - any of our West of Scotland members have had this done and where did you go to get the new key cut ?? I even rang a company in Glasgow that advertises vehicle key cutting and as soon as I told them the blank was from E-Bay, they didn't want to know. I know that I have read elsewhere on here that Timpson's have refused to cut E-Bay blanks as well ??

Anyone give me a heads-up here ??

** Edit ** Just rang a vehicle locksmith in Glasgow and he told me they wouldn't touch a key blank from China said his laser cutting heads cost 80 and the composite material in the key blank from China could ruin the laser cutter. He said no-one would touch it. Looks like I've wasted my 5 on this thing.

Regards,

Richard

Edited by Richard B - 23 Aug 2013 at 3:20pm
If it looks too good to be true, then it usually is.
2013 QQ 360 Facelift 1.6 petrol in metallic black, Phillips DRLs, EGR bonnet protector and fog lamp bezels.
pennine15 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pennine15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 4:40pm
If you remove the small screw just below the key on your original then the blade will pull out, this should fit in any key cutting machine.
I found a small independent shop to cut mine but the quality was very poor it would open the door but would not operate the ignition.
Lee 71 has one flip key left that uses the same blade as the original key but in a flip key format but compared to ebay it is not cheap on the other hand it works - search for flip key offer.Tongue 
Qashqai 1.6 N-TEC+ 4x2 2012 Mineral Grey. Folding mirrors, auto windows & club sticker.
Richard B View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 7:21pm
Hi Pennine15,

Thanks for the reply. I'm just looking at the viability of cutting my own key from the E-Bay blank to be honest !! I did PM Lee71 about the left-over flip key but he hasn't responded as yet. Is the one he has as a 'spare' then acceptable to commercial vehicle key-cutters ?? They ask the question 'Is the blank from Nissan ?' and if I say it isn't then they refuse to cut it. I don't want to spend the extra on Lee's spare flip key (if he still has it available and the price is right)and then have the same issues.

The original key would not clamp properly in the jig when I took it to a local hardware shop key cutting facility. It wasn't that the plastic bit at the end was in the way or anything - just that the key would not clamp horizontally - it tried to sit at an angle and then the bit that moves along to mirror the shape, could not sit against the edge of the key.

Anyway - thanks and I'll await Lee's reply.

Regards,

Richard

Edited by Richard B - 23 Aug 2013 at 7:24pm
2013 QQ 360 Facelift 1.6 petrol in metallic black, Phillips DRLs, EGR bonnet protector and fog lamp bezels.
pennine15 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pennine15 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 7:41pm
Hi Richard

With Lee's flip key you do not need to get a ket cut one of the big benefits is that it uses the blade from your original key (along with all the other innards)

The link for the offer is:

Check out the link for the video on how it works

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/v/l8PierD0Wjc&rel=0?ytsession=8aHPsfwoHgaFHirr50feIt85YDd6lTtak8T2l29_gQ_5HK_A_xri8YX4tT-VgGndVAGJC9npOQAoCot6TqJs7bngtvM_2hoJybGEpviFwjPs1VvcvkMCIC001_4Qj3uAsGZz1PnPzKgoUx06ZqxC7Q

Lee is selling it for 37:00 2nd class postage 37.50 first class postage
Qashqai 1.6 N-TEC+ 4x2 2012 Mineral Grey. Folding mirrors, auto windows & club sticker.
Richard B View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 8:12pm
Hi Pennine15,

Yes - I saw that thread but there was no response to the last guy who asked Lee how much he wanted for it. So I have added a message to say I will take it if it is still for sale and quite happy with the price.

Guess I will have to wait to see what the man himself has to say !! But like I say - I sent him a PM earlier and no response as yet.

Regards,

Richard
Lee'71 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee'71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 8:37pm
Hi Richard, sorry but the last remaining flip key fob is provisionally sold (just awaiting the payment) to a member in Belgium.
J10 sold and now proud owner of 2014 J11 1.2 DiG-T Acenta Premium, bonnet struts & plenty of bling!! Still lovin' it everyday!
Richard B View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 9:28pm
Hi Lee,

Can you advise me where you originally sourced these and I can then order from the supplier ??

Thanks.

Richard
Richard B View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 10:17pm
Hi Lee,

Found the Turkish Web site - Pece I think - but no price is being quoted for the Nissan Qashqai flip key, I guess that means he has no stock available. I've e-mailed him anyway to see what the scoop is about it.

Regards,

Richard
Lee'71 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lee'71 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 10:21pm
Yes that's the one, I just found it myself in my old emails to him.

Good luck with getting one and I'll let you know if anything changes my end.
J10 sold and now proud owner of 2014 J11 1.2 DiG-T Acenta Premium, bonnet struts & plenty of bling!! Still lovin' it everyday!
Richard B View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Aug 2013 at 10:28pm
Hello Lee,

Thanks for all your help with this !!

Regards,

Richard
Derekh4 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Derekh4 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2013 at 10:18am
Richard

Did you get anywhere with sourcing the flip key? I'm interested in one myself

Cheers
Derek
Richard B View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard B Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2013 at 11:44am
Hi Derek,

No, I'm afraid not. The E-Bay (Chinese one) I couldn't get anyone to cut it for me - so that was a waste of money !! And the Turkish guy who sells the flip key kit did get in touch with me to say that he had got them back in stock but I decided I wasn't going to spend that sort of money 50+ (if I remember)on a key. So I just dropped the idea altogether !!

Here's the link if you want to contact him yourself:

http://www.peceotomotiv.com.tr/index.php?route=account/login

But the Web site is in Turkish so you will have to use your Google Translator on the page !! I just looked and he is quoting zero price for them again so looks like they are out of stock.

Regards,

Richard

Edited by Richard B - 06 Oct 2013 at 11:48am
Midge View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Midge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Nov 2020 at 10:14am
hi there just wondering if someone can help me my abs, esp off, 4wd, antislip, lights stay on in my dashboard they used to come and go off just started this year had car from 2017 the lights are not affecting the way it drives i have put in a new brake switch i read that sometimes work but not this time i hope someone can come up with any ideas  thanks for reading 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic