Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > The Reception > Membership
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Forum Activity and a Hello

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote w4vy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Forum Activity and a Hello
    Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 4:59pm
Hello I'm new to the forum and new to Nissan in general actually. I have an 09 QashQai 3 owner car with 170k on the clock which I'm told is nearly all motorway miles but who knows really all I know is the engine is still strong and the car is in good condition. Yes it needs some suspension work but after that it's good for me for 5 years at least.

Anyway I'm just trying to scope out if this forum is active much so I will introduce myself.

My name is David and I'm from Doncaster, South Yorkshire and am 40 years old. I'm looking for any help I can get regarding these cars and general forum stuff if indeed this is an active forum so let us find out.

If you have a j10 is it? Or even if you don't feel free to drop a comment and say hello please. I look forward to seeing many replies.
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Nov 2020 at 5:20pm
Thumbs Up
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
Patrick Stoner View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Patrick Stoner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Feb 2021 at 11:45am
Thank you for accepting me.

I would like to donate, but I'm having trouble with PayPal. I have been for months, but cannot get a straight answer out of them as to the problem. Is there another way I can donate?

I have just bought my first Qashqai and so far I like it a lot. It feels a bit small, but after driving a Ford Transit camper for eight years it would. 

The main difference is that I no longer see all my pals at the petrol station so much. Does this thing ever need diesel?

Doogle View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doogle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 4:19pm
Hi I'm new to the Forums so apologies if I commit any 'Faux pa' (wrong thread is usually a good startEmbarrassed)

Secondly...I don't actually HAVE a Qashqai yetCry,

I'm currently getting as much info as I can (So many variants and different trim levels) so I'd like to run a few questions by yourselves being experienced owners?
Any advice and information greatly receivedThumbs Up

So, I'm looking at a couple of models, the one I really like is the Tekna+ Or the N-Motion which look the same spec etc just a different year of make?
However I see differing reviews around the comfort of ride with the larger 19" rims and low profile tyres?
 I had low profiles a a Honda Civic TypeS and quite honestly the ride was pretty harsh (I realise it also had stiffer suspension)

The other model is the Accenta Premium as it seems to still have a lot of the Tekna+ "Bells and whistles" minus the leather upholstery, glass roof and Bose speaker system?
But it has the smaller 18" rims and normal tyres, and also reviews very well as a result with ride comfort?

I'd be looking at anywhere from 2019-2020, petrol engine, and either manual or auto not too bothered either way in that.

How is reliability of these later models, again only asking due to the odd review (What Car being one, and Which) both which seemed to suggest reliability wasn't that good?
That said two of my work colleague have them and absolutely love the car, so I'd imagine like any manufacturer they have good n bad.

If you've made it this far, many thanks, and if you've any advice, as I've said it's greatly appreciatedThumbs Up
Doug999 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug999 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 7:17pm
If money is no object I would go for the Tekna.

Having said that, I have a Tekna and to be honest I rarely take advantage of the panoramic roof and generally keep the shade closed.
My Bose speaker system is not fully appreciated and plays no differently to other systems.  You will have guessed I am not a music connoisseur.
Big wheels with low profile tyres makes for a harsh ride.

One option I did go for is a spare wheel spacesaver.  

If on a budget, lower specs are still well equipped 

I have no experience of current models but my 2012 J10 petrol Tekna has never let me down.

Good Luck  Thumbs Up 

Edited by Doug999 - 04 Mar 2021 at 7:20pm
2012 Tekna 1.6L, Arctic White, Stone Leather
Doogle View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doogle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Mar 2021 at 8:05pm
Cheers for that info, I have to admit I do like my music, but not that bothered about a fancy system in my car, the “Large rims, harsh ride” is kinda my thinking as well tbh, and the more I look at the Accenta Premium the more I think it would be better suited for me, as you say about the glass roof, I had one on the TypeS and tbh the odd times I did use it I never noticed that much difference.
This plus the softer ride with the 18” rims is pushing me more in this direction, plus...they’re a bit cheaper (unfortunately money is an objectSmile)

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic