UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Qashqai Knowledge
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Front Suspension Problems

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote petersaab9000 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Front Suspension Problems
    Posted: 08 May 2014 at 1:18pm
Despite only covering 14K my 2009 Qashqai has needed the both front wishbone rear rubber bushes replaced. 

"Luckily" Nissan now supply the bush rather than having to replace the entire arm. It appears that not all Nissan dealerships have the special tool needed.

Ride much improved but surprised that the bushes have lasted only 5 years-14000 miles.

Bush cost circa £24, but the locking nut on the swivel joint was an extortionate £8.26 plus vat. The total cost of the job was £260 at a Nissan dealership

I would be interested if any other members have had similar problems.

At the same time I had the LH rear shock absorber replaced due to bottom bush failure. Lukily Nissan paid for this as part of their goodwill policy.
pandjh View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote pandjh Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2014 at 7:11pm
When I bought my 2009 Reg some time in 2010 it had 13K on the clock and 'clunked' (at the rear) on the very first pothole on the way home from the dealership. They took it back in a week later, fixed it and its been fine ever since - mileage is now 91K.  No problems ever on the front though.

It was my understanding that Nissan paid for the 1st such fix to this well documented rear suspension fault - given your similar mileage (for when the fault occurred), perhaps its just taken longer for it to occur on yours.

Edited by pandjh - 08 May 2014 at 7:14pm
2015 QQ 1.2 Dig-T N-Tec+, Black
Previously 2009 QQ 1.5dCi Acenta, Black
qashqaiman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote qashqaiman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2014 at 9:46pm
my qashqai had only done 7000 miles my mechanic noticed the lower bush breaking up when it went in for 2nd service went to dealership and they done it under warrenty its a disgrace as they should last longer than that
2011 qashqai tekna 1.6 dci black. with chrome fog light surrounds front & rear.sidebars.number plate surrounds door sill guards.
KKCAT View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KKCAT Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2017 at 3:09pm
Interestingly that 5 months out of warranty Nissan have identified that my front wishbone bushes are splitting and are asking £344.82 to replace them having only done 39k miles. I asked the service guy in the dealership what would cause thsi and he said "roads",  that our road arent great and have lots of potholes. I dont live in a ruraL area so questioned if Nissan cars are fit for purpose as they are built and sold to be driven on "roads". his reply was for me to phone Nissan directly and take that up with them.
Top customer service from this market leading Nissan dealer.

Any advice on how to proceed?
KKCat
jamiroQQ View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jamiroQQ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2017 at 10:01am
The trouble is that they lie. I was having new front sensors, they drilled holes in them .I asked for a new wiper blade ,They just cleaned the screen. Shame but you have to keep on at them. Actually What is a warranty worth when they wriggle all the time.
A Stocks
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic