UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Diesel Heads > 1.5 diesel
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club

Fuel Consumption (again)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áJaná2013 at 3:17pm
Well, yeah. I do 30k plus a year. I wouldn't say I specifically 'need' a diesel. But I do need more than 40mpg, combined, and preferably more like 50.

If a petrol car of sufficient size (ie, small estate) could manage that then I'd prefer it. But with the exception of stuff like the Toyota pious - they can't.
DC Dick View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC Dick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áJaná2013 at 6:08pm
Originally posted by HD51CTO HD51CTO wrote:

I drive 400 miles a week, mostly motorway miles and get about 62mpg

Very impressive average mileage............ I have to drive carefully on M/Ways & A Roads to get that sort of consumption. 
My mean av consumption so far (9,000 m ) is 47 mpg with mostly "urban" driving & around 25% M Way/A Road.  Could be a lot worse from what I've read on here though.

Tried swapping to a "supermarket" brand (Sainsburys)............... very interesting results over around 500 miles.  Cheaper to buy @ an average 2p per litre saving... BUT..... I got around 4mpg less !! thus leaving me about 45p per gallon worse off financially Cry

My usual fuel is Shell "standard" diesel ( occasionally the BP equivalent)

Hard to tell if there is any performance difference as I'm not an "enthusiastic" driver these days but it "felt" as though the car ran a little sweeter on my usual Shell fuel.

My advice.... stick to a "premium" brand  Shell/BP/Esso etc...

Happy new Year to all 

Dick.
was, 1.5Dci (61) ...Ntec...Nightshade..... wish I still had it.
2Fat2Bald View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05áJaná2013 at 7:06pm
LOL

Mine gets "whatever". Asda, Tesco, Morrisons. The only time it gets BP or Shell or whatever is when I'm low on fuel and there isn't a supermarket available.

DC Dick View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DC Dick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áJaná2013 at 1:03pm
Originally posted by 2Fat2Bald 2Fat2Bald wrote:

LOL

Mine gets "whatever". Asda, Tesco, Morrisons. The only time it gets BP or Shell or whatever is when I'm low on fuel and there isn't a supermarket available.

There's certainly differences between "Supermarket" & premium branded fuel however the only difference I have noticed in the diesel fuel is the better consumption ( although only a short test in the QQ as it's the first diesel motor that I have had to buy my own fuel for)

With petrol there are very noticeable differences that make a very good case for using the branded fuel doesn't matter that much I suppose if you run a "budget run around"  (polite name for old banger Wink )

In my case I have a BP garage very close & 2 Shell one's that I drive past most days, so easy for me to buy branded

Dick.

was, 1.5Dci (61) ...Ntec...Nightshade..... wish I still had it.
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áJaná2013 at 4:38pm
My 2.0L petrol is doing a lot more shorter trips now and I'm lucky to get the AVG reading above 27 MPG (which probably means the actual is more like 25)........

Will have to use the Mrs More economical Golf 2.0L Diesal more often........

Edited by Affman - 06áJaná2013 at 4:39pm
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
2Fat2Bald View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áJaná2013 at 4:43pm
I have to say that most road tests do not bare out the manufacturer's claims.

Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áJaná2013 at 5:34pm
As many have found like myself when we do the Manual calculation....of course their road tests would have them changing up or down as soon as the 'change gear arrow' comes up, a lot comes down to how you actually drive and and what sort of roads.....

Edited by Affman - 06áJaná2013 at 5:35pm
2011 Qashqai 2.0Ntec+2,Gun Met.Chrome Pack,SideBars,Window Trims,Rear Fog Bezals,Boot Handle,Bumper Trim,Skid Plate,Blue Int. LEDs 6.5yrs off happy 7 Seater motoring and still looks the nads..👍
2Fat2Bald View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áJaná2013 at 9:32pm
For sure. The Offical fuel consumption figures are only a very, very rough guide to what you'll actually get. But I've achieved anywhere between about 70 and 90+ percent of what they claim for "combined". The bit I really don't understand is that I've had some cars when you can drive them any way you like and they achieve consistent results, whether you're ringing it's neck or ticking it along (often the case with smaller Petrol engines). But other cars where once decent run through the gears (to overtake, for example) can drop the average by 10 percent on a 50 mile drive. I've certainly noticed that the turbo diesel cars start to use a LOT more fuel when you bring the turbo in. none moreso than the Golf I have for a while which did 55mpg at 50 mph and 40 mpg at 60 mph (because the turbo kicked in in top gear at about 55mph).

But if I tickle my Qashqai along I can just manage 40mpg, provided the road and traffic aren't too bad. But give it the beans and i'll be averaging 20mpg over any length of journey.

Edited by 2Fat2Bald - 06áJaná2013 at 9:33pm
brianmf View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianmf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06áJaná2013 at 11:05pm
On a recent 2-day trip to the UK (so 90% motorway top speed cruising) I got 9.3l/100km (30.37mpg).
Flippin awful!
The overall average for 18,500km (11,562m) in 2.5 years is 12.5l/100km (22.6mpg). Thank goodness most of my journeys are only short distances. If you click on the fuel consumption link in my footer, you can see the total history. There seem to be a few other owners of the same model in Europe who have similar poor consumption and they all have relatively low mileage for the ages of their vehicles..

Edited by brianmf - 06áJaná2013 at 11:12pm
Licensed radio ham. Urban Silver QQ Executive 2.0l petrol, CVT, 4WD (Tekna + extras).
2Fat2Bald View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2Fat2Bald Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07áJaná2013 at 7:24am
Are you sure your car isn't staying on 'cold start mode'?
brianmf View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brianmf Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07áJaná2013 at 5:09pm
Originally posted by 2Fat2Bald 2Fat2Bald wrote:

Are you sure your car isn't staying on 'cold start mode'?

I doubt it as the revs drop  to 900rpm.
Licensed radio ham. Urban Silver QQ Executive 2.0l petrol, CVT, 4WD (Tekna + extras).
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07áJaná2013 at 6:56pm
Have had mine up to 39mpg on a long Mway drive to Cornwall and wales but am doing a lot of shorter journeys so I'm not really disappointed with the results as comparable with my old Zafira. I don't do a lot of mileage and expect to hit around the 15k mark in March when the Car will be 2 years old and on track with my PCP Plan....
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07áJaná2013 at 7:24pm
sorry aff
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
Affman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
Mr 'Off Topic'

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Affman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07áJaná2013 at 7:33pm
Got it anyway when I gazumped you on the Bournmouth Newbie thread.........
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
Prestige Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07áJaná2013 at 7:43pm
as long as your happy now
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade,2013 1.5dci Tekna arctic white with stone leather interior, 2016 1.2 auto in nightshade ,detailer at prestige car detailing
goldiefish View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldiefish Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03áJulá2013 at 11:55am
I'm getting 45mpg from my normal 50 mile a day commute, which is 50/25/25 motorway/rural/city
2008 1.5 SVE ACENTA DCI C-View Glass Roof
Kenobi View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áMará2014 at 3:04pm
My daily commute is 106 km and I have tested the fuel economy the last 5 days since I bought the car by setting the cruise control to 120 km per hour . My best consumption is 20.3 km per liter (57 mpg) and I hope to do better.
Bearing in mind that Nissan advertises 26 km per liter in the manual for this model , I do not think It done badly.
gadget View Drop Down
Drop in and Say Hello Moderator
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áMará2014 at 4:27pm
I'd say 57mpg is exceptional irrespective of advertised... wish I could get mine up past 50!!
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áMará2014 at 4:40pm
Wish I could get mine past 40, or even close   
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
gadget View Drop Down
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áMará2014 at 4:50pm
38 - 41 in Winter
40 - 44 in Summer

Averages for the round town kind of stuff we do.
2007 Acenta 1.5dci in Black with Panoramic Sunroof. Connect System. Boot & Door Sill Plates. Removable Towbar.
Wheelie Bealie View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelie Bealie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18áMará2014 at 5:43pm
My 40 mile drive home from work just now...

Edited by Wheelie Bealie - 18áMará2014 at 8:45pm
2014 1.5dCi Tekna (Manual)
gadget View Drop Down
Inspector

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gadget Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19áMará2014 at 12:59pm
That's a GOOD number...
Tiffany View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tiffany Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19áMará2014 at 1:17pm
Originally posted by gadget gadget wrote:

That's a GOOD number...

Good number! It's flippin fantastic !

I had to look twice
2017 X-Trail N Vision 1.6 DIG-T Storm White.
LightningMat View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LightningMat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19áMará2014 at 1:29pm
Wow, that is impressive! Clap  Was it down hill, with a tail wind, driving at a constant 55mph? Wink

Is that graph straight from the QQ?  Looks like a cool feature if it is!

Although seeing two lines under the 30mpg mark, looks like you have been doing a mix of driving!

Edit:  And perhaps the real challenge is to get all the way to that 90mpg line!!! Wink

Edited by LightningMat - 19áMará2014 at 1:30pm
Qashqai first-timer... 1.2 DiG-T Tekna in Storm White... on order!
marianda24 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marianda24 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19áMará2014 at 4:45pm
Wow Wheelie that is awesome. Looks like you are driving the car as its supposed to be driven. Well done that man
GILL
2014 New Qashqai Acenta Premium 1.6dci CVT (Ink Blue)
Kenobi View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23áMará2014 at 5:32pm
Here is my new personal best , done at an average speed of 90 - 100 kilometres per hour for an evening drive, i am well chuffed
23.1km/liter or 65.3 mpg

2014 Pearl black Acenta premium 1.5 DCI , Connect and Safety pack. 14/03/2014
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelie Bealie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01áAprá2014 at 9:04am
My 40 mile commute this morning (but in the reverse direction) showed 72.2mpg on the car Generally for my work commute the car will show in the region of 63mpg for the journey into work (Swindon-Bristol) and 66mpg for the return commute home, slipstreaming seems to make a fair bit of difference to the fuel economy (as is to be expected!) but because we live in such a f**kwit litigious society where people can't think for themselves and always want to apportion blame to everyone else for their actions apart from their stupid selves then I recommend you do NOT try this at home kids!

If it's worth anything, the car had just me in it, 3/4 tank of fuel and no other luggage.
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wheelie Bealie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04áAprá2014 at 2:54pm
It's getting better as the miles rack up :-) Same 40 mile commute BTW.
Kenobi View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kenobi Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29áAprá2014 at 7:16pm
I just beat my own record .

26.6 km/lit that is 75.1 mpg

I drove to my local model airfield with my model plane in my boot hence I drove very carefully not to damage it .

Edited by Kenobi - 29áAprá2014 at 7:29pm
2014 Pearl black Acenta premium 1.5 DCI , Connect and Safety pack. 14/03/2014
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic