UA-44735833-1
Nissan Qashqai Owners Club UK Homepage
Forum Home Forum Home > Qashqai Care and Technical Information > Petrol Heads > 2.0i Petrol
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

Nissan Qashqai Club
Thanks to our sponsor for their support

Fuel Consumption

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
Author
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Bloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fuel Consumption
    Posted: 15 Sep 2008 at 7:03pm
Ok So I have now plunged myself into a discrimianatory title "Petrol Head", but it's true LOL.

Picked up Baby Bloo on Tuesday and did 50 miles mixed motoray and country lanes 36.2 mpg.

Few days around town 32.6 mpg.

On Sunday I took the A roads to Shrewsbury and motorway back 39.6 mpg.  This run was mostly using cruise control at 70 on the motorway and 60 on the A Roads.  The 2.0 Litre engine and the CVT plus Cruise Control is just a dream.

Combined average around 36.1 and Nissan say 35.3.  Please tell me what I am doing wrong.

G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2008 at 9:09am
Get your dealer to check it out - must be a fault - sounds far too good - better than Nissan gets? - you'll be upsetting the oil-burners here soon WinkLOL
QQ1-2007 Fired Iron 2.0 Tekna CVT 4WD
QQ2-2010 Magnetic Red +2 2.0 Tekna CVT 4WD
QQ3-2013 Gun Metallic 2.0 Tekna CVT
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2008 at 9:38am
I,ve managed to get 32 mpg once then rest of the time its in the mid 20,sBig%20smile
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
Mr Bloo View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Bloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2008 at 1:54pm
Mohawk, maybe its the 4WD that reduces the mpg mine is only 2WD and I have size 10 shoes. Wink
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2008 at 2:31pm
Yup - us 4WDrivers carry extra weight, which must make a difference, whether the 4WD is engaged, or auto or not.

I think the car's heavier too LOL.

EDIT: plus I'm more like a 10 and a half to 11 depending on the style Embarrassed

Edited by G5 BOY - 16 Sep 2008 at 2:32pm
dsmillie432 View Drop Down
Acenta
Acenta

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dsmillie432 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Sep 2008 at 8:26am
Well, I can confirm :- using cruise control at all possible times gives excellent MPG - consistantly.  On a steady run to/from work, using cruise most of the time I am getting between 39 and 41 mpg average.  If the traffic is flowing steadily...  bang on cruise (6th gear above 40mph, 5th above 30mpg) and watch the consumption drop into the high 30's low 40's.
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Sep 2008 at 7:20pm
I only have small feetEmbarrassed
2010 QQ+2 Tekna, Magnetic Red, 2L petrol,CVT,4WD. Chrome side bars,sill strips, rear door grip, tailgate strip, front and rear entry guards,front foglight bezels.Proud Owner.SAC Member.
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Sep 2008 at 5:32pm
Ok i have good news. We have been to york today and lo and behold. 36.1 mpg was acheived. I did use cruise control on some bits of the motorway. Am going down to redhill next week so i will see how the QQ performes on a 450 mile round trip.Big%20smile
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2008 at 4:43pm
Ok been down to Redhill and back from Manchester doing motorway speed. God don,t some ppl drive fastShocked. Anyway i used the 70mph speed indicated on my tom tom.I used the cruise control when i could but it can be difficult sometimes when there is a build up of traffic. Managed to acheive 39.8 mpg which i think is good.Thumbs%20Up
Mr Bloo View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mr Bloo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2008 at 7:36pm
Well done you got 0.2 mpg more than I did. Thumbs%20Up
Hoseman View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hoseman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 8:11pm
How many members with CVT Autos have used the manual change and how does it affect MPG?
I would also like to know if selecting a low gear has a breaking effect when going down steep hills.
Thanks for any replies

Hoseman

2 litre CVT Visia

winerp21 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote winerp21 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 11:10pm
I have a 1.6 2wd Acenta. The average since my ownership is 34.7mpg. My 1.6 Zafira used to get 30mpg if I was lucky.
Ex. QQ 1.6 Caffe Latte Acenta owner
4x4 nut View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 4x4 nut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2009 at 11:34pm
Hoseman

I have CVT and use manual on occasion. It is useful descending long steep hills for engine braking. Also long steep ascents, especially ladden. Occasionally useful if you want to hold lower gear when pushing it through a series of bends...

Doubt if any benefit to mpg as CVT auto is surprsingly economical.

An interesting quirk - if you drive at a steady speed in auto on a level road and then change to manual(6th) the revs rise! This means 'auto' setting is giving a higher and therefore more economical gear ratio...
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 8:13am
Hoseman

The CVT gives a considerable downhill breaking effect in 'auto' just by taking your foot off the gas.  Doesn't run away with you like a regular auto.  It's very hilly where I live and also at the weekend we were around Shaftesbury in Dorset where that little lad pushed his Hovis bike up that hill in the TV advert.  The CVT copes very well with minimal braking on the down bits.

EDIT: sorry - to answer your question - I very rarely use the 'manual mode' but I guess there would be an impact on mpg and emissions considering that Nissan claim the CVT is cleaner and leaner than the manual.

Edited by G5 BOY - 31 Mar 2009 at 8:16am
kkai View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kkai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2009 at 7:28pm
My fuel comsumption indicator shows 100km / litre on a Sat Nav screen.  Anyway I can change this to MPG? 

From a conversion calculator, 38MPG motorway,  28MPG city.
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2009 at 3:44am
Yep that,s about right kkai.Thumbs%20Up
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2009 at 7:49am
Originally posted by kkai kkai wrote:

My fuel comsumption indicator shows 100km / litre on a Sat Nav screen.  Anyway I can change this to MPG? 

From a conversion calculator, 38MPG motorway,  28MPG city.

They all seem to be set on 'foreign' at the factory.

From memory...........in 'settings' you will find 'language' and you can change it there. 

HTH Big%20smile
kkai View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kkai Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2009 at 8:09am
Thanks G5 Boy.  Now changed to MPG. 
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2009 at 3:24pm
Blimey Shocked it's not often I post something sensible and useful.

I think I need a lie-down now.
Impith View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Impith Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2009 at 11:25am
I nomally get 31-33 mpg from my 2.0 which is typical urban driving of about 10 miles to work. Recently I made a long trip up north. Since I had all day, I decided to go easy on the pedal. I generally went with whatever speed the left lane of the motorway was doing, usually between 60 and 70. No rapid accelerating. Pretty gobsmacked at turning out 45mpg average over the journey.

Of course, coming home is different. Same journey in reverse, similar traffic conditions. But keen to get home and see the family, more time spent in the outside lane and harder acceleration. Down to 36 mpg.

All figures as quoted by speedo and computer! But seemed to be supported by the petrol guage!

Edited by Impith - 20 Jun 2009 at 11:32am
Qashqai 2.0 petrol Intense Blue Tekna Satnav
Micraman235 View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Micraman235 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2009 at 9:20pm
I have to say the poor MPG aprox 28 mpg is killing me now Im not working...

What i would give for a smart car, but I wont be giving it back to Motablity because I still love it...Tongue.

Note to self;- buy a flat cap and pretend everyday is a sunday....LOL
EX QASHQAI 2.0 CVT BEST BEFORE SEPTEMBER 11th 2009.
DIVORCE Due To unemployment.
But Yes I will get Another One Day..

LEE..
Kano View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2009 at 10:28pm
I have to say that i thought changing a 3.2L Shogun for a 1.5DCI Tekna was going to be a bit of a shock, well it was but not in the acceleration department, i was getting 35mpg with the Shogun and now i get 62mpg combined, i must admit that most of my driving is motorway, but i find the Qashqai easily fast enough for my style of driving.Smile
tony View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tony Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Jun 2009 at 11:06pm
i too got 62 plus doing a bit down the motorway

car ordered 9/5/09///colour intense blue////collecting date tba/////nissan cashcow 1.5dci 2wd,mp,acenta ,5 door hb manual 6spd
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 10:35am
Originally posted by Shane Shane wrote:

? Confused
Shane View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shane Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2010 at 12:36pm
an error on my part, sorry.
Cafe Latte
Cooper View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Cooper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 11:13pm
Just collected our QQ 1.5dci, round town and bit dual carriageway.  Based on initial 250 miles achieving average 52MPG, some driving including 4 adults and luggage, that will do nicely thank you.  I have taught the Mrs to caress the accelerator and as for brakes, what brakes.
1.5 Ntec, Pearl Black, on order due end May
Craigfishin View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group
CTR Detailing

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Craigfishin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 May 2010 at 11:16pm
LOL
2010 1.5dci Tekna in Nightshade, Detailer (CTR Detailing), AFMC, ACWC,SAC , Now a 2013 1.5dci Tekna in arctic white with stone leather interior :)
davelincs View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote davelincs Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 6:45am
Just a quick questio for the 2lt petrol drivers, is road tax on the 2 wd and 4 wd is it the same?, i did not realise they made a 4wd qq
Kashmir View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Daaahhhling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Kashmir Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 8:27am
its not a permanent 4x4 davelincs, its Nissan all-mode technology 3 positions you can chose only front wheel drive, auto (car does it all and if necessary will bring in all 4 wheels)  and you can block it on 4x4 which is only for off road low speed. Tell you more when I get it LOL
Facelift acenta 2l p. all-mode left drive faded denim ordered Switzerland 26/03 PROUDLY COLLECTED 20/09/2010 SAC Member - TEARFULLY ABANDONED 18/11/2013
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 8:55am
The 4x4 is very good especially over the bad winter we had. You can set it auto of full 4wd or just have it in normal 2wdThumbs Up
Applauso View Drop Down
Tekna
Tekna
NO STRESS

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Applauso Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 9:06am
Originally posted by Mr Bloo Mr Bloo wrote:

Ok So I have now plunged myself into a discrimianatory title "Petrol Head", but it's true LOL.

Picked up Baby Bloo on Tuesday and did 50 miles mixed motoray and country lanes 36.2 mpg.

Few days around town 32.6 mpg.

On Sunday I took the A roads to Shrewsbury and motorway back 39.6 mpg.  This run was mostly using cruise control at 70 on the motorway and 60 on the A Roads.  The 2.0 Litre engine and the CVT plus Cruise Control is just a dream.

Combined average around 36.1 and Nissan say 35.3.  Please tell me what I am doing wrong.

What you have done wrong is buy a petrol! My QQ is my very first diesel. At the moment I'm on 306 Miles and used half a tank! 2.0 DCI! I've nearly forgot where my local garage is!
1.6 Tekna Gun metallic AND I LOVE IT!
mohawk View Drop Down
Premier
Premier
White Rose.

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mohawk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 9:46am
Thats good going carson i take it that yours ain't the +2Wink
Nope it aint i just checked.
A while ago i got 39.8 mpg in the 1st QQ 2.0 ltr CVT i had so there is room for improvementThumbs Up

Edited by mohawk - 20 May 2010 at 9:49am
MSowl View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSowl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 10:01am
I've now just done over a 1K in my 2.0DCi
I'm only getting 41mpgExclamation and that mainly motorway driving
G5 BOY View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
FORUM GRANDADDY

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote G5 BOY Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 10:14am
I always keep mine on average as I reckon that is the most meaningful guide to consumption.  However, by pushing the knob by mistake instead of twidling it for the menu, I managed to delete my 30.4 overall average after 2000 miles (mixed driving). Angry 

As I was in motorway services I let it create a new average over the 42 miles left - all motorway/dual carriageway and I tried to stick to 60-70 on the speedo (55-65 in real life) - just to see.  It read 41 mpg Shocked.  Not bad for what is the heaviest and potentially juiciest animal on the forum (and the car).

Diesel?  Pah....!!!! Wink
MSowl View Drop Down
Forecourt
Forecourt

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MSowl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2010 at 10:30am
Pah indeed, i keep tell myself it's because it's not run in yet.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 4>
  Share Topic